Coral Vue Hydros

I feel like a noob

jeremai

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
concentrate on hiding the OTHER equipment first!
ditto.

shoot the prizm and take the cannoli.

at least get a skilter and drop the canister/chiller thingy onto that. i.e. leave it naked on three sides then.

then put a false wall to hide the skilter, et al.

wha? that's what i'm thinking of doing. gotta hide the uglies. :unsure:

If I take out the Rio skimmer I have to do more water changes. :tears: Eventually I'll plumb the chiller in a less conspicuous way, as well as cover the back. Eventually.

I prefer to let the tank sit empty for a couple months before adding anything, to let the post-cycle craziness equalize. Plus I want to buy everything locally - that means waiting for the good stuff, as we only get it very rarely, and then fighting el fabuloso for the best specimens.

BUT THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS, GUYS.

If I take out the Rio skimmer I have to do more water changes, though. :tears:
sez who?

what's this 'water change' thing you speak of? :P

hmph, i thought that was a prizm. my bad. so it's its younger slightly prettier cousin. mmhmm. working well?

Incredibly. I don't know what everyone complains about - tune it well and it performs admirably, just like any other skimmer. All that's in there is a rock and it still pulls all kinds of gunk out.

All that's in there is a rock and it still pulls all kinds of gunk out.
oh em gee. wtf do you have in that rock??? :unsure:

is it some kind of egg? ewww. *shudder*

oh em gee. wtf do you have in that rock??? :unsure:

is it some kind of egg? ewww. *shudder*

Maybe an army of chitons. :P

Jer, good luck getting any of the good stuff from the LFSs before fab does, lol.

I know, I can't get to the LFS until the end of the week and the good ones have shipments on Tuesdays. :angry:

And I spoke too soon - the skimmer was running hard for two days, now it's just sitting there looking sad, barely producing bubbles. Looks like all the gunk is gone, lol. :happydance:

Oh, and I changed the outlet from the chiller to face the front of the tank. I just wasn't satisfied with the flow patterns with the gyre. Random and chaotic ftw, I suppose.

That's..... kinda ghetto.. Very unexpected. :D

Seriously though, how soon do you plan on adding livestock?

:lol: I thought jer was OCD??

DID SOMEBODY SAY CHITON???????????? omgomgomg

nice light jer :)

Pssst! You need some sexy shrimps. Oh and ditch the Mag-Float and get you a Nimble Nano.

Plus I want to buy everything locally - that means waiting for the good stuff, as we only get it very rarely, and then fighting el fabuloso for the best specimens.

I has frags! :happydance:

Fine, no sexies for you. <_<

The emperor shrimp does look awesome though or maybe a harlequin shrimp if you're up to the challenge.

I'm serious about the frags. I have Xenia, rics, orange yuma and blue cloves if you want.

p.s. hi kim! :happy:

Still algae. I decided on the S. elegans for the rock's showpiece with zoanthids encrusting the rest of it. Still working on the left side of the tank - I'm waiting for a couple nice macros, and either a good Moseleya or Porites with Spirobranchus (!).

Oh, and Mr. Venti White Mocha (with a sleepy Sasha), for Amber:

red.jpg

Archived