Coral Vue Hydros

I feel like a noob

jeremai

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, a better picher of my one lone coral, lol:

nw9-1.jpg

I'm going to order a few more things this weekend, hopefully. This thing is EMPTY.

DO WANT!

lol, I told you it would look ghetto, Lalani. ;)

Well... it doesn't look as ghetto as the last one. :)

Thank you for post one pic, but I know you took more. <_<

And I'm going take some macros of Thomas right now!

I'm working on it, lol.

There's still some diatoms on top of the new 3" mudbed, but nothing major. Now it's just a waiting game. :mellow:

So how are the temps holding in that NW9? I set mine up with all pumps and lights running and it was up to 83. I decided to mess around with the hood so I tore it apart. I mounted the moonlights lower so they are actually below the reflector. Still don't do much for moonlighting though. Then I took the ballast out and wired it up so I could mount it to the stand. It's holding steady now at 80. I'm still going to cut more vents in the top and may install a fan because I'm worried about summer.

Same as before, 78-80, but I'm not running the skimmer pump or the refugium light.

Have you been keeping the water level where it shows in the pic? hmmmm?? Keeping more air space between the light and water could lower the temps.

Have you been keeping the water level where it shows in the pic? hmmmm?? Keeping more air space between the light and water could lower the temps.

I noticed that, it's not true to life. The water is just at the rim when viewed from the outside - my camera was close and low and the lens is wide, so the perspective is off.

Soooooooo..... three warties and what else? :)

Gorgonian and Halimeda from Ken. Assorted macros from other sources, if they ever get them in. That shrimp from Diver's Den (hopefully it hosts with the warties). Halophila ovalis from reefcleaners.org in about six months or so.

The grasses ought to look really nice. And can't wait to see the shrimp! :)

I'm still tempted to try those Emperor shrimp (Periclimenes imperator)... They live symbiotically with sea slugs...... Hmmmmm.

My pistol shrimp hid my warty shroom from me :tears: He always takes the good stuff. It was purty while I could see it though.

Oh by the way this thread needs more pictures (and not just of the tank I think mr. venti white mocha is ready for another shot :P:lol: ). :D

Archived