SaltCritters.com

I feel like a noob

jeremai

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Wait for em to crash, I guess. Although since there's not much in the tank FE is a possibility. I have some new shrooms coming in a few days though. :(

I've been waiting two year for them to crash. They dwindle away and them reappear with a vengeance. I'm almost convinced I may have to use some FE.

What type are they Jer?

I have always seen flatworms in my tanks, but their populations are miniscule enough that I only see them at night, and even then its only 1 or 2 at most. This is the white/clear detrivore type, though. The brown type with red dots on them are the worst.

The same. They're all tiny (less than 1mm), but they're becoming more and more visible - on the rock and the sand, in addition to the corners of the tank itself. Pfft.

Sixline? omgomgomg

I thought Chrysiptera sp. damsels fed from the water column as opposed to grazing? At any rate, I was seriously considering C. talboti as my fish (still am). I'll have to look into the flatworm eating aspects.

I've used FWE a few times now with no issues. The last tank I treated, I used the FWE then added a 6line to get rid of any of them that made it through the treatment. IME the fish will keep the population in control, but won't cure an infestation.

Also, I hope your happy Jer. I placed an order for a NW9 earlier. :angry:

:P

That's good to hear, dunks. I guess I'm gonna go ahead and try it.

Just make sure you have plenty of WC water ready, a good sized bag of carbon to throw in after, and give the FWE time to work. I also siphoned out as many as I could before/during. I haven't had any issues since treating the tank and adding a 6line (and target mandarin :ninja: ).

i've always done an iodine dip to new corals before placing them in my tank. the past two times i've purchased new coral, i also did a FWE dip as well.

does FWE kill anything other than flatworms? if not, it would probably be a great preventative treatment to use FWE on new live rock. just throw the new rock in a bucket or something with saltwater and treat it before adding to the tank.

Archived