FTStodAY.jpg

tonga branch with some unknow zoos

tongA.jpg

browns palys

brownies.jpg

green palys

green.jpg

akabryanhall

Your tank looks great. Too bad you didnt get the elegance. The Yuma looks awesome though. Please post pics of your maxima!!

As for the new maxima.. It died the second day I had it I came home from work to check out my clam.. And there was nothing left to it but the shell. Not sure what caused this? Could be fire worms... But I havnt seen any in my tank.

Nice Pic, ric looks huge

Thanks! She is a big one!

Im bored tonight so I took some pics of some coral with the actinics on. Photos were taken underwater

eagle eyes

P6050060.jpg

brain

P6050051.jpg

trumpet

P6050046.jpg

acans

P6050024.jpg

yuma

P6050006.jpg

Olympus Stylus tough 8000. Its a water proof point and shoot. It takes such good macro shots. Especially when you put your hand in the tank. It takes video too.

So anyone have any idea why my clam might have died? I have herd fire worms, and maybe stress?

My water quality is very stable and good. The clam was at the lfs for about 3 days and then I bought it and moved it 2 or 3 times in my tank. Do you think from him moving so much he/she could have died from the stress of moving so much.

lakshwadeep

2 inches maybe what was the issue. I think small clams are harder to keep, and they may need feeding (like phytoplankton) until they can survive on just light. But, it doesn't sound like starvation could happen in only 2 days.

lakshwadeep

Possibly stress or something else. I bet the fire worms are quickly scavenging the corpse; they are often blamed for the clam's death since they're "at the crimescene". You may want to check wetwebmedia.com for some info (look for tridacnid clams).

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the worst problem with my Nova Extreme Pro. I have had it for about 5 months now and I already replaced the actinic bulb 3 times.. I have to get another one because one just burned out on me. So that is 4 bulbs! I think it's the ballast?? Anyone know?

I called Current USA but no one picked up. I have also emailed them yesterday morning... Still no reply. I got my light fixture from aquabuys.com and I called them.. But now one picked up. I called 3 times too :rant:

Archived