Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

Hey ando you got a great tank goin on here bro.i checked your tank out a while ago when you had t5s i think.The mh looks blazin.I got a quick question,do you have to run you ac in your house real cold to keep up with the heat off of that thing?or does the fan and open top take care of it?Also hows evaporation?Im trying to decide on t5s or just go with the metal halide for my 14 gallon biocube. Thanks alot Ando. Sick tank man def an insipration. B)

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a lot Sarasotacube!

The house is usually at 79 or 80, we dont keep it cold at all. The ceiling fan running and the small fan I have blowing across the surface of the water seems like it keep the tank at a good temp. Sometimes if we open all the windows and run no ac the tank might get up to 84, If that happens I just close the windows and run the ac... But I usually dont have a problem. As far as evaporation, I would get an RO/DI bc the evaporation is pretty big. Let me know if you have any more questions

Thanks man.you got it goin on in that cube. im trying to get a beter camera b4 i start taking pictures for a thread. You have helped aot just by ur posts.keep up the sweet shots.I notice you take most of your pics underwater.that is sick.seems like a nice camera.Thats good you dont have to waste all the extra power on a chiller with that narly light. KEEP UP THE GOOD WERK BRO!ill be postin ya ando.

I was going to get a chiller and I thought I would have to when I first got the MH... BUt the tank seems good without one. Hopefully in a week or 2 I'll get some more updated underwater shots. The camera I was using crapped out so I had to send it back for repair.. Good thing for a 2 year warranty. lol

Thats good news bro. The mh looks sick. The underwater shots were ill too.gota love customer service tho. Did you ever fix your current nova extreme?im on the edege about just going to mh or staying with t5s.i like that fixture tho. Thanks for the help.oo and how did u make ur koralia 1 smaller i got one of those mammoth things in my display?i wasnt sure if u posted that or not. Keep it easy.

Current sent me 2 new bulbs but I have not been using the T5's since I have a MH above my tank. For the Koralia I basically took of the red piece that hold it onto the magnet and glued it onto the magnet.. It makes a little difference. Let me know If ur confused, but it's easy to do. I need my camera so I can take pics haha

Thanks man.Thats good current took care of ya. That sounds like a really good idea with the koralia.i was thinkin drill a hole in the back of the tank in the filter area. and put the red thing in there with a gromet or something.but that mean i couldnt move it if needed.ur idea def cuts down well on the size.i hate that huge suction cup in the display.Hope the tanks growin like crazy,which im sure it is. catch ya later ando

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sick man glad to see u got the camera back in action.love the pink zoas.i might find me some of those.looking good ando that mh's pumpin out some growth.

Thanks Sarasota Cube.

Here are a few more pics I took tonight.. I have such a difficult time taking a FTS and getting the colors... Pictures do not get it.

One of the Acans I have

PC160445.jpg

I really like this brain.. Got it from a buddy of mine.

PC160451.jpg

Purple Milli.. This SPS has been growing very well!

PC160464.jpg

A shot of some of my sps and other coral

PC160457.jpg

I've had these zoas for over a year now... Wow are they spreading.

PC160463.jpg

Brain, Acans down on the sand bed

PC160475.jpg

The hermits are ALWAYS in this birdnest

PC160449.jpg

A crappy FTS

PC160479.jpg

Looks Great Ando! Congrats on getting to the year mark :)

I'm gonna read back over your thread later to see what your set up is now, but I wanted to comment now on how awesome it looked.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the algae is too short to pick with my hand. As for tank parms they are all up to par and normal. I feed the tank once a day sometimes every other day.

• 5 weeks later...

Well It's been two months since I've done a water change hahaha.... Man i gotta get back on it!

Also my nice birdnest has died completely and so have a nice colony of acans...

Archived