Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone ever needs some cerith snails or Nasarius snails let me know! I got about 100 nasarius snails in about 20 minutes yesterday.

I can always run down to the beach and collect them for you guys.. Just shoot me a pm. :D

Alright lads! I ordered my Tunze Skimmer from someone on another website! 100 bones shipped! Im stoked. :naughtydance: I sent the money today so it should be coming soon.

Hopefully she will skim like a CHAMP!

SpankythePyro

woah you actually took snails from the beach? are you sure they are nas because there was a big mix up between nas and another species awhile ago

ya they r nasarrius snails.

I got my Tunze skimmer yesterday. It's in my tank now working great! I am making a new media rack bc my old one is too big. Ill post some pics tomorrow

Here is a quick Vid I made yesterday... I was very bored lol.

DSCI0745.jpg

Thats a pic of the new media rack I built... The rack and skimmer fit perfectly in the middle chamber.

All the sps frags are encrusting on the plugs too!

Just go onto your facebook account and go to "Groups" and type in biocube. t will come up, because i'm the only one to have a biocube group.

Join the group if you like. It's all the same stuff thats on hear, but i started the facebook one first. I'm the only one who posts anything ...lol

your from van?

Here another quick vid

I am from Van!!!!!!!!....I like your mod vid's, I'm going to have to make some of my own, and try and get my other one back up on facebook. I don't know how or why it was removed but it was there for about a week.

octoberfest
ya they r nasarrius snails.

More than likely what you got were Ilyanassa obsoleta snails. They look very similar to the nassarius snails but they are found in temperate waters off of areas like the Southern U.S. (We have them here in N.C. as well). They are not the normal Nassarius Vibex snails that you see for sale that are commonly used in the reef tank. They can actually bring in some nasty parasites and disease to your tank. They can also go after other snails and possibly corals as well. Here is a good article on the differences in the two snails. I'm not saying don't use them, just be careful and take a look at this.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-11/mg/index.php

More than likely what you got were Ilyanassa obsoleta snails. They look very similar to the nassarius snails but they are found in temperate waters off of areas like the Southern U.S. (We have them here in N.C. as well). They are not the normal Nassarius Vibex snails that you see for sale that are commonly used in the reef tank. They can actually bring in some nasty parasites and disease to your tank. They can also go after other snails and possibly corals as well. Here is a good article on the differences in the two snails. I'm not saying don't use them, just be careful and take a look at this.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-11/mg/index.php

Thanks for that article. But I still think they are Nassarius Vibex snails.. they have a sharp tip and the shells are still very rigid. I hope im not wrong lol.

Well today I got 5 more sps frags from a reefer from here.

- two acros

1 monti cap (red)

1 poker star monti

1tri color ora looks like pruple bonzai purple with green polyps

I will post pics tomorrow. They were just acclimated and put into my tank.

Stay tuned :D

Here is a updated FTS of my tank. I got 5 new coral in it.

DSC_3084.jpg

1-pokerstar

2-red table acro

3-aqua delight acro

4-ORA looks like bonzai

5-red monti cap

tankk-1.jpg

Archived