Top Shelf Aquatics

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Told you the hardest part convincing yourself to doing it. Maybe we can start a trend. Nice work.

Thanks.

I have a 250 Watt MH 20K radium light on it. Seems to have really good growth on the coral!

did you make the light yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to keep up on my water changes and show my tank some more love... But so far two water changes in two weeks... hahaha... I was slacking for a bit..

I'm really loving the rimless look to my tank now!

Darn you guys, your gonna make me do it aren't ya lol

Looks good!

DO ITT! It's the "Cool Thing" to do!

Wow, that's a nice look. Do you have a glass cover to keep fish from jumping out?

I use a clear netting over my tank

My clown fish decided he wanted to go shoe surfing on my shoe last night... I found him this morning as I was going to put my shoe on... Unfortanetly he didn't make it.

c77bfe8c.jpg

NEED HELP GUYS!!!

Alright so the red turd algae is getting out of hand so I'm going to rip off all of my coral off the rocks and then clean all of the rocks... Luckly most of the coral came off real nice and is sitting on the sand bed right now. So now I need to figure out how to clean this rock. This is how I'm thinking of going about cleaning the rock.. Correct me if I should do something different.

1:soak all of the the live rock with 50/50 Bleach and water for 2 days.

2:rinse with water and let sit in a bucket full of fresh water for 2 days.

3:Add 2lb box of baking soda per 15 gallons of fresh water.

4:Rinse off with fresh water again and let soak for 1 day.

5:dry out in the sun for 3-4 days.

After all the fun stuff I think I will need to let the rock cycle again since I do not want to re- cycle my tank with corals in it. So I'm going to put the live rock in a bucket with salt and pure water and let sit for about a month with a power head running.

Should this work out guys????

I know it's a lot of work but my tank is getting out of hand with the nasty alage and I want to start with fresh clean live rock.

Well right now I took all of the rock out of my tank... All the coral is laying on the sand bed.

I used muratic acid to clean the rock very good. I'm also going to get new sand for the bottom.

Should I take out my old sand or just cover it with the new sand? The old sand it pretty nasty looking.

I would seriously consider replacing your sand. Or give it a big rinse. When my BC29 was torn down the amount of #### in my sand was disturbing. IF I did another nano I would change the sand every year. I tried vacuuming but it is so hard to do with a small tank.

Archived