Pod Your Reef

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the sapphire was an out of tank skimmer?

Sapphire fits right in Chamber 2. It takes up the whole chamber but fits perfectly without any mods.

SpankythePyro

the 9002 will allow you a media rack... I'm going to be running chemi-pure and purigen...and possibly turning chamber 1 into a fuge somehow... lol

I was thinking of the sapphire but i didnt know it took up the whole middle chamber.. I think the tunze will be perfect.

So next on the list

tunze 9002

Ro/DI ?

^^^not sure on what yet? any ideas on this guys?

Birds nest from when I got it to now.

DSCN2058-1.jpggreenbirdsnest.jpg

looks like some good growth

ZOAS from when i got them to now

DSCN2054-1.jpgzoasgreen.jpgzoasgreen-1.jpg

sorry about the small pics lol

these corals have been in my tank prob a little over a month now

cool to see some growth

For those of u with the tunze how does it sit in your tank?

I found one for $100 shipped!

I have it mounted on the wall between chambers 2 and 3. It's a magnetic mount so you can adjust to wherever you keep your water level.

Im stoked! I got a Aussi acan today at the lfs and my friend gave me his sun coral because it was dyeing but I have been feeding it and he is looking better.

Ill post pics tomorrow or some time this weekend.

Also I should be getting the Tunze skimmer next week! :happydance:

Ya im really happy about getting the acan.. I wasn't going to get it... then i was like what ever lets do it lol. I happy about it now.

I think I need a little more flow in my tank. I have the stock pump and a koralia 1.. I was thinking of upgrading the stock pump or get another koralia maybe nano one or the 1?

hey ANDO. iam new to the biocube 29 gallon. i didnt read threw the 9 pages thats on this fourm so i dont know if u have allready sayed it once. Can u tell me more about your lights. how many inches is it? and whats the exact type of t5 are they i would like to buy the same thing. i want to keep hard and soft corals and mushrooms as well. ANY plz help. also for anyone else whats the best lighting company to buy my lights from and also what type. thanks alot for the help

The light are 20" apart exact. They fit perfect for a 29gallon biocube. There are 6 bulbs on the light 3 actinic and 3 day light and each bulb has its own individual reflector. They work very good for pretty much any coral Hard, Soft, Mushrooms, Zoos, and clams.

I bough the light from aquabuys.com

The light was 234.99 with free shipping

As for T5 lighting. If each bulb does not have its own individual reflector they wont be any better than power compacts. So u want to have very good reflectors.

I would highly recommend The Nova Extreme Pro...That's what I have.

Let me know if u have any more questions.

That light is a metal halide. They are good but they give off lots of heat. I live in Florida so I didnt want to take the chance with lots of heat. Metal halides also use more energy to use. T5's are more energy eficient.

As for protein skimmers. Im getting one next week. Its a Tunze 9002. If you don't have a protein skimmer I would do bigger water changes. Right now I dont have one so I do about 5 or 10 gallon water changes.

Archived