inTank Media Baskets

just got a 2g for 3 buxx!... its a sad day today...

pismo_reefer

yeah im having some flow problems in my sump too. i fixed that by installing a powerhead in the fuge. looking forward to more zoos.

and i got another rde frag for free. this one has 8 little heads on it.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually....my flow issues are from the durso not keepin up with the pump (i think?)

it gurgles once every three minutes...

and pisses me off, once every three minutes....

how did you fix it?

go check my 20h thread. links in my sig.

nice epic look to your tank, sir

thanks much....new pics in a few.

so i took in an 'excess' frag rock that just didnt make any sense in the 20H. doesnt make much sense size-wise in my pico, but wth i dont care.

this is my new "mountain range" lookin pico...

new rock

IMG_7861.jpg

pretty FD hitcher

IMG_7866.jpg

mushy

IMG_7867.jpg

zoo's

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7883.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

purple tunicate

IMG_7869.jpg

spacial concerns? none here.

IMG_7886.jpg

IMG_7887.jpg

leftern

IMG_7890.jpg

more later...

Nice lookin tank! I've got a pretty new 10 nano reef and I'm thinking of using the same type of HOB refugium. What brand filter was it, and did you baffle off where the motor is too? And what is the use of the overflow, just to make sure nothing gets sucked up? Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

Nice lookin tank! I've got a pretty new 10 nano reef and I'm thinking of using the same type of HOB refugium. What brand filter was it, and did you baffle off where the motor is too? And what is the use of the overflow, just to make sure nothing gets sucked up? Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

1. its an aquaclear filter

2. i used the "media holder" it came with as a baffle. (and as a "wall" to keep the chaeto in.)

3.the overflow is to keep the surface of the water from getting that oily film.

4.thanks, and i may get a new frag today...not sure. waiting to find sexy shrimp. :(

NICE!!

thanks buddy, glad to see your still following along....i should have 3 sexy shrimp sometime soon...i hope. :happy:

theres a place here in san jose that carries sexy shrimp

edit: a lil too far for you though.

gearin up the huffy! lol, j/k :D

I have to say, excellent tank man. I've been following your thread for a while, just lurking about, and decided it was inspireing enough to comment on. I really can't wait to see this tank mature.

I have to say, excellent tank man. I've been following your thread for a while, just lurking about, and decided it was inspireing enough to comment on. I really can't wait to see this tank mature.

thank you. seriously.

it really makes me proud when people enjoy my tanks. after all, its a big part of why we make em right? so other's can enjoy their beauty as much as we do....it makes me happy to be able to see some of the most beautiful peices of this earth, at my convenience, in my room or hall or wherever. its awesome.

i have a damn tide pool next to my tv! gotta love it.

Tank looks great, it is really filling up fast. It is not even a month old yet. I am so slow.

I have to go check out the 20 thread.

thanks...ya its almost full...just gotta get some "choice" zoa's to put in there.

i just uploaded a buttload of photo's for the 20H thread.

+1

That is an impressive display for 2g!

thanks! i was really goin for the "ship-in-a bottle", "massive-compact" look...i think i got it.

i love pico's!

so what are these "choice" zoas?

well....im gonna upgrade the lights soon.

then i want: tubs blues, darth maul paly's, dragoneyes, and a few others....a couple rare mushie's at the lfs i want to get too.

i want tub's blues too but i dont want to have to buy it online. i would much rather find it locally.

theres a store by my house that has frags of them everyday...not to mention their 1000+ polyp display colony (no shortage here) ;)

Archived