Coral Vue Hydros

just got a 2g for 3 buxx!... its a sad day today...

pismo_reefer

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job with your small tank...

thanks....:D

my pico is now 4X more sexy!!!!

two paired up in the bag....(my wet water makes stevie jealous!)

DSC00678.jpg

this one has a deathwish....5min's in the pico, and it climbs into the OF.... :huh:

DSC00679.jpg

king of the hill.

DSC00687.jpg

the pair displayin for eachother...

DSC00690.jpg

sexy ass....lol'z

DSC00689.jpg

so i have four total...and im thinkin of gettin 3 more on tues. moar pics laterzez.

here's my sexy story:

ive been searching my area (17 stores) for sexy shrimp for about 2months now...

evrytime i would ask i always got "nah, we dont have those. no one wants 'em." well, dammit! i wanted 'em! and 7 of them at that! no matter what the price (within reason of course.)

so...two days ago i go to my fav. LFS and they had them! 8 of them! for 8bux each! (of course i only had the money for one)...so he said he'd hold onto em for me till the next morning.

.... next morning i go in and this is what i get: "oh sorry man, they got sucked into my sump last night, and its a pain to get em out...." really!? 2 months of me begging and pleading! and i get the "im too effin lazy" speach...grrrr (this was my fav LFS too!)

about 5 min's later i go to the over-priced LFS near me, (just assuming that they may have them) becuz theyre overpiced, lol'z....

sure enough...they have over 100! just breeding away....the holy grail of sexy shrimp. but do i hazard to guess how much? i do....this A-hole wanted 13.99 a shrimp! are you kidding me? i was just about to pay 8bux a shrimp at the other store? thats ridiculous. so he told me that he could do 'em for 8bux a peice, like the other guy was going to. (the kid that sold 'em to me knew 14bux each was a rip-off)

so all told, my favorite LFS has become a bunchy lazy sh*ts and my least favorite LFS is finally turning around....its like the reef twilight zone....

here's my sexy story:

ive been searching my area (17 stores) for sexy shrimp for about 2months now...

evrytime i would ask i always got "nah, we dont have those. no one wants 'em." well, dammit! i wanted 'em! and 7 of them at that! no matter what the price (within reason of course.)

so...two days ago i go to my fav. LFS and they had them! 8 of them! for 8bux each! (of course i only had the money for one)...so he said he'd hold onto em for me till the next morning.

.... next morning i go in and this is what i get: "oh sorry man, they got sucked into my sump last night, and its a pain to get em out...." really!? 2 months of me begging and pleading! and i get the "im too effin lazy" speach...grrrr (this was my fav LFS too!)

about 5 min's later i go to the over-priced LFS near me, (just assuming that they may have them) becuz theyre overpiced, lol'z....

sure enough...they have over 100! just breeding away....the holy grail of sexy shrimp. but do i hazard to guess how much? i do....this A-hole wanted 13.99 a shrimp! are you kidding me? i was just about to pay 8bux a shrimp at the other store? thats ridiculous. so he told me that he could do 'em for 8bux a peice, like the other guy was going to. (the kid that sold 'em to me knew 14bux each was a rip-off)

so all told, my favorite LFS has become a bunchy lazy sh*ts and my least favorite LFS is finally turning around....its like the reef twilight zone....

tragic story lol

I just got my head split then. LOL. I paid $20 for one little sexy. WTF was I thinking? I was hypnotized by the little tail I guess. It was my first living creature and for $20 I thought it was a great deal for such a cute little sexy. BUT NOW!!! I am angered. I could have driven to Atlanta and gotten two and saved money. LOL.

I just got my head split then. LOL. I paid $20 for one little sexy. WTF was I thinking? I was hypnotized by the little tail I guess. It was my first living creature and for $20 I thought it was a great deal for such a cute little sexy. BUT NOW!!! I am angered. I could have driven to Atlanta and gotten two and saved money. LOL.

You want to buy them in odd numbers. lol so you would of wanted to spend maybe $30? so you saved your self $10 since you only spent $20. LOL

Glad to see you finally got them. Now you have a very sexie tank!

thanks deb....:D

me and meh gurly are soo happy with them! we need to go buy the other 3 tomoro....

we have 4 atm, not a good number...7 is a good number B)

honestly...around here they go for about 16.99.

but i frequent my LFS so much that they give me the 50% "you here everyday" discount. and i refuse to pay 13-16 for shrimps that are 3.50 wholesale!....mark-up is disgusting, and the stores know it. they get that kinda money outta noobs...its sad really.

but on a more positive note....i replaced the ac30 refugium with a modded whisper20. lots more room for the heater and the chaeto.

tomoro i'll be getting 3 more sexy's...new pics tomoro.

zoo's lookin way better w/ the 13w retro.....

DSC00705.jpg

happy, happy. ric, ric's.

DSC00706.jpg

the pair.....

DSC00707.jpg

the whole group...or herd, or flock, er whatevr. :huh:

DSC00709.jpg

I can definitely tell you are proud of those sexies. LOL. I have been seriously thinking of those myself later down the road.

omg, yes!....i love those lil shrimplettes....

youre so negligent. lol

i knowz...i sowwy. :(

* i commited negligent battery-cide. so sad.

so...i switched from the old ac30 fugeto a whisper20.

i cut down the intake pipe to fit the aquascaping. i also added a "shrimp saver", which is just the filterguard from an old FW filter. i also used the old sponge holder as a chaeto-dam, and added a peice of acrylic to the inside to act as a baffle....

the dam and the trimmed down intake. i need to make a new OF for the other side....:angry:

DSC00731.jpg

here you can see the chaeto and the baffle...

DSC00732-1.jpg

my new zoo/paly rock.

DSC00727.jpg

some disgusting Full Tank Shots......

no flash

DSC00730.jpg

flash...

DSC00729.jpg

i need to get my protien skimmer goin for this tank, and get some chemi-pure in this beotch!

Archived