Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 20 Long Frag Tank New Pics 1/13

brian92

The skeleton looks like it's... decomposing.

Edit: The good news is that I think this is enough of a wake up call for me to go and buy a protein skimmer.

Sorry to hear that wish I could help, how are the Rabbit Hole Palys doing? What are you looking at for a protein skimmer?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The paly's are doing great. Here's a picture of one of the babies poking it's head out:

babypaly3.jpg

And here's a badass picture I got of the orange zoas:

zoa10.jpg

I'm thinking a HOB Octopus, not sure which, I'll ask around and find out which would be best.

I wanna see how fast they grow before I start fragging. Gimme 3-4 weeks, hopefully I'll know by then!

Cool, how does the growth seem so far?

Cool, how does the growth seem so far?

TBH I can't really tell. I mean the babies have grown a bit. But to be honest the last couple days I've been out and about and haven't spent too much time looking into my tank. I've got finals tomorrow so I've been studying and partying.

Those new palys I got are opening wierd. There is one smaller polyp that is fully open but the color is not as good yet adn the larger polyp looks somewhat open but I can't see any skirt and barley any color. I don't even know how to explain it. I'll get some pics up hopefully today on my tank thread.

Just ordered a Paly frag pack of

-Green People Eaters

-Lord of The Rings

-AOI's

-and the best super secret paly not to be revealed until I get the pack in on Tuesday.

Its like a Eve of Christmas Eve present for myself.

Now I am on the hunt for some Orange People Eaters or Orange Envy B) . What are some other People Eaters you guys think I should check out?

Just ordered a Paly frag pack of

-Green People Eaters

-Lord of The Rings

-AOI's

-and the best super secret paly not to be revealed until I get the pack in on Tuesday.

Its like a Eve of Christmas Eve present for myself.

Now I am on the hunt for some Orange People Eaters or Orange Envy B) . What are some other People Eaters you guys think I should check out?

Nice on the frag pack. Where did you get it from? IS the pack coming today? YOu need to check out some PPEs.

I posted some pics in my tank thread of my new stuff, just letting you know.

Nice on the frag pack. Where did you get it from? IS the pack coming today? YOu need to check out some PPEs.

I posted some pics in my tank thread of my new stuff, just letting you know.

The pack is coming in next tuesday, I was thinking of getting a PPE or two, It's just a matter of time pretty much until I get them, I'm trying to get most of the nice People Eaters before anyother palys. So I'll probably be getting PPE in my next Paly pack I order.

I'll go check out the new pics

The pack is coming in next tuesday, I was thinking of getting a PPE or two, It's just a matter of time pretty much until I get them, I'm trying to get most of the nice People Eaters before anyother palys. So I'll probably be getting PPE in my next Paly pack I order.

I'll go check out the new pics

Where/who did you get the pack from?

Hey just a random question. How long is the tank and how is that pendent working for it? I'm having some second thoughts with running my frag tank with only PCs. I'm just afraid only using them will cut down on my growth with is my primary purpose. It seem that pendents are cheaper then whole MH fixtures.

Hey just a random question. How long is the tank and how is that pendent working for it? I'm having some second thoughts with running my frag tank with only PCs. I'm just afraid only using them will cut down on my growth with is my primary purpose. It seem that pendents are cheaper then whole MH fixtures.

The tak is 30" long, the pendant works out well for me, it lights up the whole thing really well except the very far edges. It gives great growth and color on the palys and zoas, I'd say if you have the cash go for it. I got my pendant for $90 used. Post a WTB you might get an awesome deal. If I had two 150 watt pendants I feel like I wouldn't be able to shade the more sensitive palys like the PD and NG so it works out well.

The tak is 30" long, the pendant works out well for me, it lights up the whole thing really well except the very far edges. It gives great growth and color on the palys and zoas, I'd say if you have the cash go for it. I got my pendant for $90 used. Post a WTB you might get an awesome deal. If I had two 150 watt pendants I feel like I wouldn't be able to shade the more sensitive palys like the PD and NG so it works out well.

Yeah I just got the PC fixture a few weeks ago but am thinkign about getting a mh pendent if I can find a good deal like that. I'll have to try that and see what I get. Then if I do I have to sell the PC...

Yeah I just got the PC fixture a few weeks ago but am thinkign about getting a mh pendent if I can find a good deal like that. I'll have to try that and see what I get. Then if I do I have to sell the PC...

Yeah you can get lucky sometimes with from posting WTB ads, its always worth the try.

Update went to the LFS and got a fish I've had my eye for a while, A Yellow Stripe Urchin Clingfish.

Acclimating him now

What the heck is that?

p-90166-clingfish.jpg

This is a pic of one from Live Aquaria, I have been looking into getting one for a while it really is the perfect fish for what I wanted it's really unique and isn't a coral food stealing "attention whore" like my clownfish that I'm probably going to give away to a good home.

I'll try to get a pic as soon as I can, its perched the maxijet pump for the remora. I'vve researched feeding techniques and I need to wean it on to a frozen diet which with a little effort shouldn't be too hard.

p-90166-clingfish.jpg

This is a pic of one from Live Aquaria, I have been looking into getting one for a while it really is the perfect fish for what I wanted it's really unique and isn't a coral food stealing "attention whore" like my clownfish that I'm probably going to give away to a good home.

I'll try to get a pic as soon as I can, its perched the maxijet pump for the remora. I'vve researched feeding techniques and I need to wean it on to a frozen diet which with a little effort shouldn't be too hard.

Are the expensive or rare?

Are the expensive or rare?

Nope, I would say you might have to look around a little bit to find one, but I got it for $15, bought it out of the acclimation bucket. Its very healthy and I didn't want it getting thin at the LFS from not being fed well.

I'm not much of a rare fish guy, as I'm more into corals right now but this is a great fish that I'd looked into for a while.

I was looking at getting one of those clingfish myself. Please keep us updated on how this goes.

I'll keep updated on the progress of the clingfish, it sticks to the glass most of the day and hasn't even shown interest in passing copepods. I tried feeding mysis to no avail. Right now the fish is a headache, and now I remember why I didn't want fish in my tank. But I still like it cause its a cool fish and I'm gonna do more to wean it on to prepared.

Archived