Cultivated Reef

My 20 Long Frag Tank New Pics 1/13

brian92

He said he'd send me a tracking # Mon or Tue when he was supposed to ship it. This was the last time he was on: 22nd December 2008 - 08:51 AM. I have a few tester frags in there now. I'm just gonna move them to the 80 gallon in the mean time. I just want to hear something from him!!! Oh, how are the new frags doing?

Good luck with getting the MH. The frags are doing pretty well, I'm surprised they seem to be doing a better than the last pack! They are mostly open, but still a little stressed. There were a few subsitituions, the GPE aren't in the pack but were replaced with the pink palys (I think AOG but all pink palys look the same to me). I'm not dissapointed with the pack at all and I'll have pics up as soon as the frag are fully open and really happy.

I decided I'm gonna slow down on buying more palys because of the weather, the only things I plan on getting are some Black people eaters, Orange Envys, Lunars, Jokers, PHE, Satan's Breath, and Green Galaxy PE's from AquaSD.com. Since they are a vendor I figure they'll pack it up really well for the cold weather. I think after I add those frags I'll have to clear up any extra frags I have and perhaps move back to a display tank.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah the pink ones are huge.

I have to chose between getting a new 20K Radium Bulb or more palys. The bulb I have right now is like 4 months old and like most people say the XM 20k loses its blueness after a while. Its a tough decision because I hear the Radiums give awesome colors and growth.

The ones I labeled LOTR are actually the mahals kiss palys

Mahal's Kiss Palys and some angry LOTR 4 open Polyps are Mahal's

100_1103.jpg

They are so awesome my new favorites, the polyps are about as big as a quarter. They aren't %100 open in this shot I'll update pics tommorow. Here's a pic of the guy's mother colony that I got them from.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q167/re...l2007/ppz-1.jpg

That guy I bought the light from still hasen't been on in a while and I haven't heard fro m him at all. How long should I wait to file a dispute with PP?

I couldn't tell you for sure, but I'd probably file one if you haven't heard back from the guy yet. But packages get delayed during the holidays by a whole lot so that might be a problem.

I couldn't tell you for sure, but I'd probably file one if you haven't heard back from the guy yet.

I just heard back from him. I went on to some car site that he said he had feedback on and used the email address that was on there which is liked to his blackberry. Went out of state for Christmas and when he got it he was at a airport. He sent it was shipped out Tue. I don't know why he didn't email me to let me know, it dosen't take that much. I'm just happy to know it's in the mail. How are the frags doing? I just got done cleaning all the GHA off of my frag rack and I'm going to let it stay out of the water to try and kill the rest I missed, then make the rack smaller. Do you have your lr stacked in the corner or what?

I just heard back from him. I went on to some car site that he said he had feedback on and used the email address that was on there which is liked to his blackberry. Went out of state for Christmas and when he got it he was at a airport. He sent it was shipped out Tue. I don't know why he didn't email me to let me know, it dosen't take that much. I'm just happy to know it's in the mail. How are the frags doing? I just got done cleaning all the GHA off of my frag rack and I'm going to let it stay out of the water to try and kill the rest I missed, then make the rack smaller. Do you have your lr stacked in the corner or what?

Good to hear it got shipped. The frags are doing great! The only things that haven't opened would be the LOTR but its not a big deal. I have the LR stacked in the corner and half of its underneath the rack.

Also I just finished making the tank into a display tank. I kinda missed having a true reef tank, even though the frag tank thing was fun. I'll update pics when it settles in tomorrow. The aquascape turned out well.

Good to hear it got shipped. The frags are doing great! The only things that haven't opened would be the LOTR but its not a big deal. I have the LR stacked in the corner and half of its underneath the rack.

Also I just finished making the tank into a display tank. I kinda missed having a true reef tank, even though the frag tank thing was fun. I'll update pics when it settles in tomorrow. The aquascape turned out well.

Oh so the frag rack is gone? Did you have a problem with stuff settling on the bottom of the tank?

Oh so the frag rack is gone? Did you have a problem with stuff settling on the bottom of the tank?

No more frag rack, there was a lot of silt on the bottom probably ike a quarter inch covering the bottom. I just siphoned it out.

No more frag rack, there was a lot of silt on the bottom probably ike a quarter inch covering the bottom. I just siphoned it out.

Well that didn't last long! That's why I'm glad I have 2 tanks. A 80 gallon display and now the 29 frag tank.

Well that didn't last long! That's why I'm glad I have 2 tanks. A 80 gallon display and now the 29 frag tank.

Exactly if I had two tanks one would probably be a frag tank. But in a couple months I plan on setting up a 40 gallon frag tub with two 150 watt HQI pendants. So its not like this fragging this over.

Exactly if I had two tanks one would probably be a frag tank. But in a couple months I plan on setting up a 40 gallon frag tub with two 150 watt HQI pendants. So its not like this fragging this over.

You can still frag out of the display. I just like the idea of having all the frags in one ar and a smaller volume of water so it's easier to care for each one and feed.

Yeah I know I might do a little fragging but I plan on slowing down during these winter months and letting the display tank mature and get it looking great. It became kind of a pain having to go here and there to sell/trade frags, but it was definetly worth it. Just took too much. I was able to frag some nice stuff and with the procedes get a whole lot more nice stuff. Also its not really shipping weather anymore, I took alot of risks getting those pack shipped to me, and I got lucky.

Yeah I know I might do a little fragging but I plan on slowing down during these winter months and letting the display tank mature and get it looking great. It became kind of a pain having to go here and there to sell/trade frags, but it was definetly worth it. Just took too much. I was able to frag some nice stuff and with the procedes get a whole lot more nice stuff. Also its not really shipping weather anymore, I took alot of risks getting those pack shipped to me, and I got lucky.

Yeah but you could also say this is a good time not to add anything and just let stuff sit 'till warmer weather. I'm just using my frag tank as kinda a place to collect things and grow them out. Most of the time small frags of a polyp or 2 just get lost in a display.

Yeah but you could also say this is a good time not to add anything and just let stuff sit 'till warmer weather. I'm just using my frag tank as kinda a place to collect things and grow them out. Most of the time small frags of a polyp or 2 just get lost in a display.

That's basically the plan, wait till warmer weather and then get some more stuff.

I'm getting a nice Trachyphyllia or Cynarina or someother solitary polyp LPS as a showpiece at the LFS this weekend.

Nice brain! Is that red in there with the green?

Thanks, No it's just darker green, it does have some really nice mottling. I'll try to get a decent FTS but its hard to get the whole tank.

I have the itch to start fragging again! As soon as I get around to listing a "rare" zoa/paly frag pack that I've been growing out, I'm probably going to use the funds to setup a Nanocube 6 frag tank. Likely going to be a semi "chop shop" kinda deal where I order a huge colony, let it settle for a few weeks, then frag it up and sell it to LFS's and local reefers. Probably going to be doing corals like candy cane, trumpets, zoas, palys, and maybe someother stuff like montis if I do the light upgrade. So probably in a few weeks to a month I'll have that setup.

How about instead of getting a 6g....

55g frag tank. DO IT!

No space for a 55g. I really think I'm gonna setup a 40g frag tub with two 150 watt HQI pendants.

That would be awesome. If you're any good with wood there is a guy on RC who set up a plywood tank. He would a bunch of different kinds of sealants on the inside. It's pretty cool. A tub would be a good choice too.

Archived