Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 20 Long Frag Tank New Pics 1/13

brian92

$22 shipped for a PPE is a good price IMO. I wouldn't buy it but that's just because I'd rather buy a small colony of zoas!

It depends on the small colony. If it;s something common it will get boring fast. That has happened to me for a lot of stuff that;s why I'm looking for rare stuff now.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me its the thrill of collecting what I like and thats palys and zoas. As long as I like it I'll get it whether its big colony of zoas or a 1 polyp frag of some "rare" palys or zoas.

For me its the thrill of collecting what I like and thats palys and zoas. As long as I like it I'll get it whether its big colony of zoas or a 1 polyp frag of some "rare" palys or zoas.

Yeah, +1.

I've been doign this for like 2 years and I've seen a lot of the common stuff and it starts to get old, so I think that's why I think I'm getting into the rare stuff and acans.

Another youngin? Only 16?

Yeah, +1.

I've been doign this for like 2 years and I've seen a lot of the common stuff and it starts to get old, so I think that's why I think I'm getting into the rare stuff and acans.

Another youngin? Only 16?

Yup 16.

I haven't gotten into acans much, maybe next year. 2008 is the year of the palys and zoas.

Yup 16.

I haven't gotten into acans much, maybe next year. 2008 is the year of the palys and zoas.

I'll always pick up a polyp or 2 when my lfs has them for like 5 a polyp. Last monthe they had some for 3 a polyp.

I'll always pick up a polyp or 2 when my lfs has them for like 5 a polyp. Last monthe they had some for 3 a polyp.

Wow, my lfs has $700 Aussie colonies that's about it. I do have misfit coral section in the tank where I have the misc lfs finds, like hydnophora and a striped shroom.

Wow, my lfs has $700 Aussie colonies that's about it. I do have misfit coral section in the tank where I have the misc lfs finds, like hydnophora and a striped shroom.

Mine get huge colonoes in and they frag off how ever many polyps you want.

I got some new pretty sweet palys today. I don't know the names of them or if they even have one. I'm gonna post a pic in my tanks thread once they open or in a couple days after the PDs I'm getting tonight open.

I got some new pretty sweet palys today. I don't know the names of them or if they even have one. I'm gonna post a pic in my tanks thread once they open or in a couple days after the PDs I'm getting tonight open.

Nice can't wait to see pics. Did you get an awesome deal on those too?

Nice can't wait to see pics. Did you get an awesome deal on those too?

I guess. It's hard to say because I don't knwo what they are. He fragged me 2 polyps and charged me $8. I thought it was pretty good. I'll have to post in a few days. They are not open yet and I'll just wait tll I get the PDs and they open that way I can post them all at once.

Just fragged up a green striped mushroom, that was fun I cut it in half right across the mouth. Probably could've gotten away with four pieces but I didn't want to risk it. I'm trying to take a good pic of the cuttings.

I think I may need to hold off a bit on those frags Brian. I found a local coral farmer that is selling a bunch of badass paly's and zoas for wayyyyyy less then they should be selling them for. I think the owners get back in on the 16th so I'm going to try and go in then. I'll post some pictures up if I get anything.

I think I may need to hold off a bit on those frags Brian. I found a local coral farmer that is selling a bunch of badass paly's and zoas for wayyyyyy less then they should be selling them for. I think the owners get back in on the 16th so I'm going to try and go in then. I'll post some pictures up if I get anything.

Oh cool, what kinda palys are they selling? I love to see the good deals people get on nice corals. Can't wait to see pics.

Just fragged the "fire in the sky" zoa colony. I got it down to the perfect size and shape for my future display tank so I probably won't be fragging it any more after that. I got about 5 15-25 polyp frags and one big 40 polyp frag. I used some jumbo shears and cut that rock up really well.

"Post Fragging Pics" when everything opens up

100_0940.jpg

Post fragging colony

100_0946.jpg

Some of the frags

100_0949.jpg

This frag has orange centers while the others don't is it different or a case of lighting?

100_0955.jpg

For some strange reason bubbles form only at the top shelf of my eggcrate, no where else not on the rock or eggcrate its weird, but I'm not worried about it.

I think my hammer is dying :(

I'm pretty sad.

That sucks hope it works out, I had a frogspawn that died. The tentacles just starting falling off.

The skeleton looks like it's... decomposing.

skeletel2.jpg

Edit: The good news is that I think this is enough of a wake up call for me to go and buy a protein skimmer.

Archived