SaltCritters.com

My 20 Long Frag Tank New Pics 1/13

brian92

Did you ever have any problem with GHA growing on the frag rack? I'm getting it growing all over the rack now and I'm not sure what to do. Your getting the frag pack tomorrow right?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you ever have any problem with GHA growing on the frag rack? I'm getting it growing all over the rack now and I'm not sure what to do. Your getting the frag pack tomorrow right?

No I never had a problem with GHA on the rack, but I do have random bubbles forming on the farthest up level of eggcrate (not dino or cyano I think). Its isolated so I'm not worried. Do you have a lot of chaeto in your frag tank, that'll probably help.

Yup, I'm getting the pack tomorrow. I can't wait to get it, its getting shipped today at 5 o clock and arrives at my house before 12 the next day(I may take off from school early). I'll have an update as soon as I get it.

BTW Did you get that MH pendant?

No I never had a problem with GHA on the rack, but I do have random bubbles forming on the farthest up level of eggcrate (not dino or cyano I think). Its isolated so I'm not worried. Do you have a lot of chaeto in your frag tank, that'll probably help.

Yup, I'm getting the pack tomorrow. I can't wait to get it, its getting shipped today at 5 o clock and arrives at my house before 12 the next day(I may take off from school early). I'll have an update as soon as I get it.

BTW Did you get that MH pendant?

I just put some chaeto in teh fuge today because I just got a fuge light. Can't wait to see pics of the pack. Your still in school? Christmas is on Thu. I can't believe your not out yet. Yeah I bought the MH pendant and he said it will ship today or tomorrow. I met this local guy who is friends with a guy that I work for and he says he has coral that will blow my mind. Some how he has connections somewhere and get acans and other stuff super cheap. He want's to make his tank all acans so wants to get rid of his zoas, palys and chalices. I think I'm going over there some day to pics some stuff out. I know I'm geeting some nuc greens. he also said he has some amazing aussie palys and spiderman zoas. I know he has lots more but htose are the only names he told me. Hopefully this will happen so I can pick up some good stuff. You might have posted this but I can't remember but how much lr do you have in this tank?

I just put some chaeto in teh fuge today because I just got a fuge light. Can't wait to see pics of the pack. Your still in school? Christmas is on Thu. I can't believe your not out yet. Yeah I bought the MH pendant and he said it will ship today or tomorrow. I met this local guy who is friends with a guy that I work for and he says he has coral that will blow my mind. Some how he has connections somewhere and get acans and other stuff super cheap. He want's to make his tank all acans so wants to get rid of his zoas, palys and chalices. I think I'm going over there some day to pics some stuff out. I know I'm geeting some nuc greens. he also said he has some amazing aussie palys and spiderman zoas. I know he has lots more but htose are the only names he told me. Hopefully this will happen so I can pick up some good stuff. You might have posted this but I can't remember but how much lr do you have in this tank?

The chaeto will obviously help starve out the GHA after a while. Yeah still in school till tommorow, almost done though. Can I call first dibs on frags of the palys and zoas you get from that guy ;) ? I have around 17-21lbs of LR in the tank, its a little light on LR but it gets the job done and I'd rather not have to cycle some more. LMK about what you get at that guys tanks though.

The chaeto will obviously help starve out the GHA after a while. Yeah still in school till tommorow, almost done though. Can I call first dibs on frags of the palys and zoas you get from that guy ;) ? I have around 17-21lbs of LR in the tank, its a little light on LR but it gets the job done and I'd rather not have to cycle some more. LMK about what you get at that guys tanks though.

I PM'd him on MI reefers to set up a date to go to his house but he hasn't been on in a while. I reall hope I can set this up and get some nice stuff. Yeah, if it goes down you can be #1 on the list. Maybe we can trade frags from the pack you will be getting tomorrow? Where is all the lr you have at? In the display? I have a little less then that and am not sure if I should het more. It looks bad in a pile in the display IMO.

Where is all the lr you have at? In the display? I have a little less then that and am not sure if I should het more. It looks bad in a pile in the display IMO.

I my LR in a pile underneath the eggcrate rack, and two rocks with softies on them are on the side of the frag rack.

Yeah, if it goes down you can be #1 on the list.

:happydance:

Maybe we can trade frags from the pack you will be getting tomorrow?

Yeah, definetly. I'll let you know when I have frags.

My future additions, I'm planning getting a couple polyps of Orange Envy and some other stuff from AquaSD in a few weeks. Not sure what else I "need" the collection, but I'm sure something will show up

Fedex hasn't gotten here yet <_< so I'm pretty nervous, because it said it should be here before noon. If the frag pack doesn't make it here today that would be very bad.

Fedex hasn't gotten here yet <_< so I'm pretty nervous, because it said it should be here before noon. If the frag pack doesn't make it here today that would be very bad.

Good Luck. How's the weather there?

Pretty F'in cold!!! Like 30 degrees

Still hasn't gotten here yet.

I mean is it showing? It's been snowing all day here so the truck might have got slowed down.

I mean is it showing? It's been snowing all day here so the truck might have got slowed down.

Not snowing today, but the roads are still pretty crappy due to a lot of snow during the weekend. I guess all I can do now is wait for the guy to give me the tracking number so I can call, and then wait. If the frags don't make it than I'll work something out. And if Fedex delivered to the wrong address I'll go nuts on them!

Nice frags Brian what part of Mass are you in? Im in the plymouth area often would love to get some frags in the spring or so, could grab them on my way out if your close to that area.

Just got the pack in!!!

I opened it up and the water was around 50 degrees. But as long as the polyps aren't melted I'm hoping it won't be a problem, Right?. I quickly temp acclimated and they're in the tank. They look a little beat up but I'm hoping for the best.

I think even 50F should be fine

Yeah a few of them have already opened uo

I got frags of

GPE

LOTR palys

AOI

Rainbow palys

Unnattainables

and Mahal's People Eaters

Yeah a few of them have already opened uo

I got frags of

GPE

LOTR palys

AOI

Rainbow palys

Unnattainables

and Mahal's People Eaters

Glad to hear you got them hope they all open fine. Now.......................PICS!!!!

Glad to hear you got them hope they all open fine. Now.......................PICS!!!!

Pics of what? Half closed polyps :lol:

Only a two frags have opened completely.

Hey a quick question. I currently have my frag rack the entire length of the tank. I'm thinking of doing kinda what you did and do part rack and part lr mini display. Did you do like 50% rack and 50% non rack? I'm planning on redoing the rack a little and taking it out and scrubbing all the GHA off of it. Just trying to get some ideas. Anything that you would do different with the tank if you could?

Hey a quick question. I currently have my frag rack the entire length of the tank. I'm thinking of doing kinda what you did and do part rack and part lr mini display. Did you do like 50% rack and 50% non rack? I'm planning on redoing the rack a little and taking it out and scrubbing all the GHA off of it. Just trying to get some ideas. Anything that you would do different with the tank if you could?

I have 80% of the length of the tank frag rack, and the left 5 inches of the tank has rocks with corals that I attached to them and couldn't get off. It works out well for me. You may want to shorten the rack.

I have 80% of the length of the tank frag rack, and the left 5 inches of the tank has rocks with corals that I attached to them and couldn't get off. It works out well for me. You may want to shorten the rack.

Someone is supposed to come by today and buy the PC fixture off of me. So I'm gonna clean the rack and redo some stuff before the halide gets here. I'm starting to get a little worried on the halide because he said he would ship it Mon or Tue and I haven't heard anything and he hasn't been on in a few days. I hope everything is ok and he's not trying to rip me off. :mellow:

Someone is supposed to come by today and buy the PC fixture off of me. So I'm gonna clean the rack and redo some stuff before the halide gets here. I'm starting to get a little worried on the halide because he said he would ship it Mon or Tue and I haven't heard anything and he hasn't been on in a few days. I hope everything is ok and he's not trying to rip me off. :mellow:

Hmmm, you're right hopefully the light gets to you soon. Do you have any frags in the tank now? I'm sure he sent it to you it might take a while to get it.

Hmmm, you're right hopefully the light gets to you soon. Do you have any frags in the tank now? I'm sure he sent it to you it might take a while to get it.

He said he'd send me a tracking # Mon or Tue when he was supposed to ship it. This was the last time he was on: 22nd December 2008 - 08:51 AM. I have a few tester frags in there now. I'm just gonna move them to the 80 gallon in the mean time. I just want to hear something from him!!! Oh, how are the new frags doing?

Archived