ReefCleaners.org

My 20 Long Frag Tank New Pics 1/13

brian92

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you get your frags today?

Yup I put them in an hour ago and they're starting to open up. I got a big freebie colony of pink palys too. I got two instead of one orange envy, a bunch of jokers at least 15 polyps, the purple pink paly colony hasn't fully bloomed yet but it looks kinda like purple fissions, the Candy Apple Reds look good,and the Purple Hornet polyp opened up really quickly and looks great.

Yup I put them in an hour ago and they're starting to open up. I got a big freebie colony of pink palys too. I got two instead of one orange envy, a bunch of jokers at least 15 polyps, the purple pink paly colony hasn't fully bloomed yet but it looks kinda like purple fissions, the Candy Apple Reds look good,and the Purple Hornet polyp opened up really quickly and looks great.

Sweet post some pics when they are ready. So they sent you a colony instead of the ornage enyv?

Sweet post some pics when they are ready. So they sent you a colony instead of the ornage enyv?

No they sent me two OE instead of one. The freebie pink paly colony had two zoanthid eating spiders one it that I pulled off when I dipped them.

No they sent me two OE instead of one. The freebie pink paly colony had two zoanthid eating spiders one it that I pulled off when I dipped them.

Wow, a free colony?

Those spiders suck...

Kinda hard to get a decent FTS so I took took pics splitting up the main rock features. Tank is very clutter because of all of the frags and improvised frag racks along with some chaeto just stuffed behind the rocks. Not sure where this whole display tank is heading ideally it will be shrunk down to a nanocube 6 with LED's and the 20 long will go back to frag tank.

Right corner

100_1261.jpg

Frag racks

100_1259.jpg

Free Colony

100_1272.jpg

Favorite Shot of new Purple Pink palys and a bunch of other stuff

100_1270.jpg

Too dark of a shot of the new stuff (From the left) Candy Apple Reds, Orange Envy, Purple Hornet, and Jokers

100_1271-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

No new pics as of now, I will update soon. I'm kinda burnt out from the hobby as of now, and think I need to take a break for a while.

I'm in the same boat actually. I haven't really been looking through RC or N-R for the last month or so. I think it's more an issue with money than anything else. That's not to say I don't stare at my tank for at least a half hour daily-- I do... Just.... Too broke to stay interested I guess!

With that said, as soon as someone hires me I'm going to buy a bunch more zoas and some kind of big LPS :)

I'm in the same boat actually. I haven't really been looking through RC or N-R for the last month or so. I think it's more an issue with money than anything else. That's not to say I don't stare at my tank for at least a half hour daily-- I do... Just.... Too broke to stay interested I guess!

With that said, as soon as someone hires me I'm going to buy a bunch more zoas and some kind of big LPS :)

Haha yeah, I just don't have the time I used to have to appreciate my tank and collection. With college coming up soon anyway its inevitable that I'll have to break up the tank. I'll get some pics up soon though the tank looks great and there's been some good growth.

Haha yeah, I just don't have the time I used to have to appreciate my tank and collection. With college coming up soon anyway its inevitable that I'll have to break up the tank. I'll get some pics up soon though the tank looks great and there's been some good growth.

Yeah, I've been in college and I find when the semester starts I just don't have time for it or time to enjoy it. But once it ends I'm back on board!

I find that I'm more interested during the semester than between semesters. Between I'm rarely at the house and instead I'm out getting smashed :) During the semester I try and use up my free time without getting plastered so I can keep a couple of my brain cells.

I find that I'm more interested during the semester than between semesters. Between I'm rarely at the house and instead I'm out getting smashed :) During the semester I try and use up my free time without getting plastered so I can keep a couple of my brain cells.

Hahaha awesome! I'm not planning on being able to keep a tank in college because I plan on going out of state. Sorry about the pics guys I'll try to have some up tommorow.

Hahaha awesome! I'm not planning on being able to keep a tank in college because I plan on going out of state. Sorry about the pics guys I'll try to have some up tommorow.

You can send me your corals when you have to leave!!!

LOL I think I'm selling it all in two weeks locally I'm not quitting the hobby because of money, but it would be nice to get some cash back after a year of being broke from this tank.

I posted in a local reef club about it and everybody was jumping on the PH's. They are overrated in my opinion, but the alternating skirt is definetly cool. If anyone wants a pack pm me and I could probably ship one. I might ship because I still have a well packed and insulated box from AquaSD so i would just need to get a 40hr heatpack.

LOL I think I'm selling it all in two weeks locally I'm not quitting the hobby because of money, but it would be nice to get some cash back after a year of being broke from this tank.

I posted in a local reef club about it and everybody was jumping on the PH's. They are overrated in my opinion, but the alternating skirt is definetly cool. If anyone wants a pack pm me and I could probably ship one. I might ship because I still have a well packed and insulated box from AquaSD so i would just need to get a 40hr heatpack.

I hate shipping in this weather but what are you selling your stuff for? Getting rid of everything already? You still have like 5 months till college.

I hate shipping in this weather but what are you selling your stuff for? Getting rid of everything already? You still have like 5 months till college.

I'll pm you in a little

Archived