Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, David, everything looks great, and the new camera is taking fantastic shots. : )

Merry merry!

Thank you very much!!! :D :D :D I am having way too much fun with this camera!!! :happy:

-David

Just got some new frags from a friend in Queens tonight ...

Picked up a Sunset Monti (yeah I had to get one ... nice coral ... lol :D), ORA German Blue Digi (hopefully I can get this to be it's true colors), Blue Tip Milli and a small birdnest colony.

I will post some pictures in the morning when the lights are on ... until then :D

-David

Blue Tip Milli

Sunset Monti (German Blue Digi in the front of the pic)

Pink Birdsnest (the polyps are purple

Also on the rack, various montis/acros I am saving ... Hey if people don't want them because they are dying ... I will take them :lol: ... Alot of those pieces were pretty much completely dead ... but now have grown back ... and coloring up. :D

I also picked up a little Firefish ... he is hiding right now ... he found a nice cave ... but pops out from time to time. :happy:

-David

post-36802-1230387492_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1230387551_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1230387635_thumb.jpg

New toy coming ... A friend of mine decided to add a bunch of 48" LED strips into his tank for actinic supplement ... I don't remember where he gets them from ... but they are pretty cheap ... and look absolutely beautiful ... he is even growing some of his LPS under LED only ... They are sort of like an LED retro kit ... I will have to upload pictures once I get them ... they should be here in about two weeks. I am going to start with 3 of the strips ... each ballast powers 3 strips ... and if they look really amazing on my tank I will add another 3 ... excited ... can't wait to get them!!! :D

-David

Man looking good there David. Planning on getting my first zoas in a few weeks once I get my lighting finished. Oh LEDs your little tiny ass solder pads just make me want to strangle you. :) I'm still waiting on the heatsink but I've got some LEDs to practice on. What kind of LEDs are on that strip? Sounds pretty sweet. I'll start posting up pics of my tank once I get this GHA under control. The fuge has just taken off so I think another week or two will take care of it.

Man looking good there David. Planning on getting my first zoas in a few weeks once I get my lighting finished. Oh LEDs your little tiny ass solder pads just make me want to strangle you. :) I'm still waiting on the heatsink but I've got some LEDs to practice on. What kind of LEDs are on that strip? Sounds pretty sweet. I'll start posting up pics of my tank once I get this GHA under control. The fuge has just taken off so I think another week or two will take care of it.

Thank you :D Congrats on the tank!!! Did you start a thread for it yet? I hope everything is running smoothly ... I would love to see it one day!!! Come stop by if you ever have time to check out my 90 :D It's really starting to fill up ... I am not 100% sure of what type the LED's are, I should be getting them in about 2 weeks or so ... I will post up some pictures once I get them ... I saw them on the owner's tank ... they are insane ... really ... the colors are AMAZING!!!

nice new pics david!what a LED'S i want one!!!

pm me who's your friend and if he could make me one too.lol

Hey Makoy, sure I will drop you a PM on it ... I don't know if he is telling everyone about them ... but I am sure I could easily get you some. :D It's a great price too ... No offense to some of the vendors over on MR ... but they are OVERPRICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-David

dahliaheartsyou

cool fish!!!! :happydance:

i really like the clown tang!

i found my blenny in chamber 2 looking up at me with a guilty face...

<_<

at least i fed him some mysis and watched him eat...

he is lucky he is cute

cool fish!!!! :happydance:

i really like the clown tang!

i found my blenny in chamber 2 looking up at me with a guilty face...

<_<

at least i fed him some mysis and watched him eat...

he is lucky he is cute

Hey Dahlia,

Thank you very much :D

Yeah ... you are going to need some netting to cover those chambers ... lol :lol: Those blennies have loads of personality, I love them so much!!! :D

-David

Just made a nice a$$ run past a friend's place in the Bronx tonight ... Picked up Acro's of all sorts ... Crocea Clam ... Shrooms ... Rainbow Lobo ... and some other stuff ... Acclimating them all now :D

-David

I also noticed my Six line going into the RBTA ... to steal food I suppose ... playing with fire??? LOL ... Anyone ever see this before??? It's so weird ... He swims SOOOOOO close to it ... and sometimes like into it. Strange ...

-David

Yeah mine does that to...I think he does it to annoy the Maroon clown haha he also hides under were the foot is

Cool!!! So I am not the only one. lol :lol:

I have been thinking about getting a pair of Green Mandarin for this tank ... these guys are such nice little fish ... plus I enjoy feeding them from my syringe ... anyone's thoughts?

-David

Well you do have that beefy fuge setup so I think your tank could handle it. Although sixlines do eat coepods and amphiopods so they will be competing. If you could get mandarins that would eat prepared foods that would definately help supplement their diet.

Well you do have that beefy fuge setup so I think your tank could handle it. Although sixlines do eat coepods and amphiopods so they will be competing. If you could get mandarins that would eat prepared foods that would definately help supplement their diet.

Yeah, that was my only concern ... but with that beefy fuge ... it should be able to handle the po population ... we'll see.

David, my dad had a LTA and his flame would steal food from it, even got stung and has a scar on his gill plate!

I have seen the Sixline just graze the tentacles ... but no damage so far! :D

Hows the Fox Face with your corals?

Foxface is a perfect citizen ... doesn't go near the corals ... I keep my fish pretty well fed as well ... Foxface I always thought was 100% reef safe ... who knows ... maybe there are some bad seeds ... lol ... this one is well behaved. :D

I've read that if not well fed they have been know to nip on LPS and some softies. I guess the key is to FEED IT!!!

Interesting ... I never saw that ... I am sure they would ... mine is a fat pig ... I admit it ... lol ... Usually you see them very thin in the stores ... bones and all ... that's how I bought this one ... now it's a little more like a ... blimp ... :lol:

-David

Archived