inTank Media Baskets

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lighting: 2x 175W MH Lighting (going to be putting in new bulbs in the next week...right now I have a 14K and a 20K...don't like the look that much...)

2x T-12 for actinic supplement

Skimmer: Aqua-C EV 240 w/ Mag 12 (this skimmer works wonders!!!!!)

1x Koralia 4

1x Koralia 3

2x Seio 620

40G sump with fuge

140lbs. LR

90lbs. LS

You know, your tank is really convincing me to make my 135 a reef which I really am trying to stay away from........ but..... but....... ITS SO TEMPTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine will definately either be- reef, predator, or cichlid.

Oh, and nice tank btw :D

Is your tank in a corner?? Thats how i have mine and love it that way.

It just off center of a large wall...closer to the corner of the room.

I also installed a set of moonlights tonight, to see what is going on in the tank once the lights have gone off :D :D :D hahahaha

-David

You know, your tank is really convincing me to make my 135 a reef which I really am trying to stay away from........ but..... but....... ITS SO TEMPTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine will definately either be- reef, predator, or cichlid.

Oh, and nice tank btw :D

Man, you and I both know, REEF...end of story, set it up...135 is a gorgeous tank...just do it...you won't regret it...I mean let's be honest that is why you got the tank in the first place...

Before i went into reefing, I got a large tank, was ready to set it up as a Discus tank (no offense...beautiful fish...but really I don't enjoy staring at motionless creatures like that...hahahahahahahahaha...), I took one look at the marine fish section, and that was that...dumped the idea of cichlids down the drain!

-David

I really would love to go reef, but just the cost of a skimmer, powerheads, more lighting, live rock, etc etc etc is overwelming!!

Especially a skimmer, thats gonna put a hole in the wallet

I really would love to go reef, but just the cost of a skimmer, powerheads, more lighting, live rock, etc etc etc is overwelming!!

Especially a skimmer, thats gonna put a hole in the wallet

Skimmer is a nice chunk...someone is always breaking down their tank willing to get rid of it...I have seen ASM G3's selling for $100-150 at most...I picked up my skimmer for $100... :D

Just a thought :D

-David

I think I have decided to go with the 175W Reeflux 12K Bulbs on this tank.

I have seen these bulbs in action before, and really love the look...plus the growth I have seen under these lights is amazing...so why not...if I don't like them, 6 months I will try new ones. :D

-David

I got my eyes on a Euro Reef ES100 on ebay, we'll see if it goes up in a little over 4 days ;)

Now that's what I am talking about!!!! :D :D :D Yeah!!! 135G Reef!!!

There is always a deal out there for this stuff, not to worry :D

I betcha can find the rest of the equipment out there as well cheap!

Think of all the fish and coral you can have. hahahahahahahahaha!

-David

I just found my fuge light in my closet...I forgot I had a fixture from my previous tanks, I will load this up with 2 6500K bulbs and stick in my chaeto and maybe some mangroves :D

Now that's what I am talking about!!!! :D :D :D Yeah!!! 135G Reef!!!

There is always a deal out there for this stuff, not to worry :D

I betcha can find the rest of the equipment out there as well cheap!

Think of all the fish and coral you can have. hahahahahahahahaha!

-David

Haahaha yea, fish galore! I need a skimmer, new reflectors, return pump for refugium, powerheads, and then I just need to fill 'r up!

It would be a slow stocking tank though..... my guess over a year to get it even close to full.

Haahaha yea, fish galore! I need a skimmer, new reflectors, return pump for refugium, powerheads, and then I just need to fill 'r up!

It would be a slow stocking tank though..... my guess over a year to get it even close to full.

Exactly...It takes a while to fill up a large tank...stuff will grow as well, covering your rocks..so I mean it all works out in the end :D

It all gets set up eventually...I am still needing to buy new things all of the time...pumps, reactors etc...maximize the performance of the tank...next purchase is a calcium reactor...I have my eyes on the AquaC RX-1...brand new, price is around $430... :(

Hopefully I will find someone selling one around here for less.

-David

Rather then starting a new thread I welcome and encourage people to post here.

I am looking deeply in vodka dosing, and want to weight out the pro's and con's here...I am always very careful with my water and checking the parameters, but I want to know what I can do to boost the health of my tank, without making my fish drunk :D:lol:

I have been doing my research on this, and have been reading and re-reading this article. I understand the risks with dosing it, but also the great affect it can have on Stony corals.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/nftt/index.php

Any thoughts? Personal experience?

-David

Wow looking really good there David! Looks kind of bear I thought you went to the frag swap where is all your loot!

Hey there...I ended up not being able to go :( Concert night before, so I slept in, then a concert the next evening...didn't have the time! :( I will start stocking this baby up soon, for sure!

-David

Well the last part of my tank is about to be set up...the refugium.

There is an extra compartment in my sump to have one...purchased a MJ 1200, which will pump from the main chamber into the fuge which then flows over into where the return pump sits...I will get a picture of this to show exactly what it looks like.

I plan on keeping chaeto of course...but also sticking some mangroves in there as well!

-David

Archived