Cultivated Reef

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

Due to the fact I was offered a 90G tank, with stand, canopy, sump, plumbing, the works...for $350...I couldn't say no to this (that is what i say about everything)...I was originally going to do a 72G but I had to purchase everything separate, so in the end would cost more then it was worth.

I have my new apartment ready for the most part...I was able to switch apartments in the same building that I am in now, just down 3 floors, a huge 1 bedroom to myself. The living room will be dedicated to the tank :D hahahahahahaha, and my practice space.

Tank will be picked up some time this week, and set up immediately. :D

My 45G setup is going to fellow N-R member ap123. :D

Please don't kick me out of this nano community :( hahahahahahaha. I promise to set up another small tank!!!! :D

-David

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dahliaheartsyou

you know what, you have WAAAAAAAAY too many corals for that BC anyways...so I guess I can forgive you =]

man do I want a 90 gallon, I am PUMPED to see it!

you know what, you have WAAAAAAAAY too many corals for that BC anyways...so I guess I can forgive you =]

man do I want a 90 gallon, I am PUMPED to see it!

Agreed!!! :D Too many corals indeed! :D

I can't wait to pick the thing up and get it all set up!!!!!!!!!

and now I won't feel too guilty about my yellow tang :D Although she is doing amazing in the 45G but will soon outgrow it! :D

-David

45G has been officially pulled down :( My fishies are over at a friends place atm...I miss them. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Let me take a look, I think there are pictures of the new tank. :D

-David

NICE D! Every tank of yours has been sweet so far!

Can't wait till you have the 90G up we'll be trading frags all the time lol!

Oh absolutely Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tank is going to be freaking awesome...hopefully! :D :D :D

What a pain...dragged my fishies out last night to QuestionMarc from MR. He is such a nice guy, and just happened to have the room for them! :D His tank is my model for this one :D Plus I think he is taking down some of the HUGE monti colonies, I think I will take one. :D

-David

Ok...So i have picked up the tank tonight...it was so d@mn heavy...wow...

Came with everything...the sump appears to be 50G :D

I will assemble tomorrow evening :D

-David

Oh snap. I think you need MOAR CORALS!!! ;) check out my sale thread in livestocks. jhaha

Hahahahahaha, Yo I will have to check that out, i will need more corals for sure :D :D :D

-David

i am sooo jealous... :P

but i cant wait for pics!!!

do you have any special ideas for it?

oh, and is that you in your avatar?

Any special ideas...hmmm...at the moment no...But I am sure I will come up with something...I want a Powder Blue Tang for one...I love this fish so much.

I will be installing the tank tonight, so if I am not completely wiped out, I will get some pictures up.

Why yes, that is me in my avatar :D :D :D New press shot I suppose :D

-David

Got my tank into the apartment :D :D :D Looks amazing!

Plus I picked up Retrofit VHO for actinic supplement for free from a friend :D

-David

1/4 of the tank is full today :D

I left my camera at my g/f's so I can't get any pics until later today.

Aquascaping a 90G is so easy :D Two nice islands will look great :D

I will hopefully be done by tonight :D.

Then my fishies will come home :D

-David

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals,

Haven't been around for a while...busy schedule, haven't had too much time lately...

ANyways, the 90G is finally completed, I will be posting pictures tonight of the set up!

I have to pick up all of my fish from a friend this weekend...along with a few new fishies :D.

-David

I picked up my newest inhabitant last night, a little hippo tang, 2 1/2" so. She is the only one in the tank at the moment, my others should be coming back tomorrow evening.

PLus, I left my camera at my g/f's home...will be getting it back today!

David...... I have mixed feelings here. Sad to see the BC29 go, but happy for the upgrade to a larger tank! I have a question though, don't you need to let this new tank cycle before you start putting fish in it? Do you still have the BSJF? If so, you know he's gonna love it!

David...... I have mixed feelings here. Sad to see the BC29 go, but happy for the upgrade to a larger tank! I have a question though, don't you need to let this new tank cycle before you start putting fish in it? Do you still have the BSJF? If so, you know he's gonna love it!

I am sad to see the BC29 go as well :(:( :( I had more then enough of my established rock from the previous tanks, which barely sat in containers of water for more then 24 hours, with the tank water, and everything. I am pushing a little bit...but I have kept a very careful eye on my parameters. The one selling the tang had to get rid of it asap, and I couldn't just let it remain in the small tank it was in. It is a risk, but since I have some very good friends in the city, if anything spikes, I remove the fish and take it to them.

The BSJ's haven't been put into the new tank yet...I am sure they will absolutely love it!!!!! I have given them a nice deep sandbed, to build their burrows. I love these fish more then any of them, just too much fun to watch. I actually met a guy that kept a large tank of nothing but jawfish, it was such a hoot to see them popping their little heads up and down, every time you turned to face them. He placed a mirror opposite side of the tank to watch them. They are too cute. AND WHEN HE FED THEM!!!! hahahahahahaha, like someone pulling the trigger of a gun!

I saw a few pictures of your tank as it is now, did you get a new fish? Golden Assessor, it looked like...maybe i am wrong... :D Tank looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so amazed at your tank, really. It is a work of art.

-David

I figured you knew what you were doing on the new tank set-up!

I'm glad you're preparing a good home for your jawfish. If you haven't already done this, get a turkey baster. I use one to feed Digger (yes I gave my blue spot a name), and he comes right up to it and eats from it. When I see the jawfish popping their heads up out of their burrow, it reminds me of the game kids used to play, Whack -a- Mole!

Thanks for the compliment on my tank. You're right, I have done some rearranging in the tank. I've gone more with SPS and acros and away from soft corals. And you're also right, I do have a yellow assesor. He adds a nice splash of color and contrary to what I've read, he swims more out in the open.

I figured you knew what you were doing on the new tank set-up!

I'm glad you're preparing a good home for your jawfish. If you haven't already done this, get a turkey baster. I use one to feed Digger (yes I gave my blue spot a name), and he comes right up to it and eats from it. When I see the jawfish popping their heads up out of their burrow, it reminds me of the game kids used to play, Whack -a- Mole!

Thanks for the compliment on my tank. You're right, I have done some rearranging in the tank. I've gone more with SPS and acros and away from soft corals. And you're also right, I do have a yellow assesor. He adds a nice splash of color and contrary to what I've read, he swims more out in the open.

Thanks Gerard :D

The jawfish are my absolute favorite...don't worry mine have names...Clark Kent and Mr. Money Bags. :D

Yeah, that's exactly what I think of when I see them pop up as well!!! :D :D :D Whack-a-mole. hahahahaha.

Yeah your tank is unreal...the colors, everything. I love, simply LOVE those Picasso clowns that you have. Simply the best! The Yellow Assesor is gorgeous as well...they swim upside down if i remember correctly.

-David

Hey David,

Good to see you've got a thread going on this one. :) I was completely derailed from our move, and haven't been online.

Where are the pics??! I am dying to see the new setup.

Finally some long awaited pictures of my new tank :D :D

FTS

*New Hippo Tang

*New Lamarck's Angel (Reef safe, does not even go near the corals)

-David

Archived