Cultivated Reef

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

Did some reorganizing to my tank...moved some corals around...some of them hated the extra flow...especially the wall Hammer I have...it's now completely extended now that I put it on the sand...I loves it :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave, list looks good to me!

Awesome! Fairy Wrasses...beautiful fish...Love them! :D Want to keep a tank full of them.

-David

Got a new RO/DI unit yesterday, have it all set up in the bathroom...works great, delivers crystal clear water! Made be Aquasafe...I think they are based out of Canada. Going to do a nice water change tomorrow, using the water I have made from it...my other unit just wasn't cutting it...plus my friend was selling this for only $60 and it has loads of extras with it as well :D

-David

Forget to mention...I picked up a couple new pieces of coral...no SPS this time around...A nice Hammer Coral and some Kenya Trees and Xenia from a friend of mine around here.

-David

So an update...no pictures yet...waiting for the best moment :D

Tank has made a great turn around since I decided to make my livestock change.

Current list:

2x Pink Skunk Clowns

11x Green Chromis

1x Six Line Wrasse

1x Foxface

2x Blue Spotted Jawfish

It was a tough decision to get rid of fish...but in all honesty they were too much for my system to handle...plus the fish I had would get far too big for my system...90G is still only 90G.

Like I said, I purchased a new RO/DI to replace my Air, Water, Ice model...the corals look amazing, the colors, the PE, everything is doing great. I am going to reaquascape a little bit...open up one side of the tank a little more.

Anyways, as far as more stocking plans are concerned...I think I am going to get one Sunburst Anthias , would love a trio of Bartletts, we'll see...Going to try and find a Flame Wrasse...

Going to be heading to Pacific East Aquaculture and Mr. Coral for my Birthday on the 22nd...yeah...i know...there is nothing else I want...hahahahahahahahahaha...corals...that's it...

-David

Sorry for no updates in the last few days...

I have been home sick with the stomach flu... apparently it has been going around... however I have become very much acquainted with my bathroom... really it's been so painful... I could barely move out of my bed... except for the obvious... :(:unsure: oh yeah, and practice... :lol::happy:

Anyways today was my first day to venture into the outside world... finally...

I went to a LFS right before they closed... Grabbed two big pieces of Galaxea... Giant chunk of Purple rim Green Monti Cap... and some zoos... :D Nice first day out in 3 days...

-David

Man David glad to hear you got the tank back up and running after the fiasco! So what happened did you ever figure it out? Let's see some pics of the newly stocked tank!

Man David glad to hear you got the tank back up and running after the fiasco! So what happened did you ever figure it out? Let's see some pics of the newly stocked tank!

Absolutely! :D :D :D

Not completely sure what happened...probably adding stuff too quickly...plus that stupid Blotched Anthias from Liveaquaria didn't look so hot when I got him...I was so angry with LA...but what can you do?

I may just be dumb enough to set up a 20G frag tank along side this one...I have an extra MH mogul socket since mine powers 3 bulbs...I am currently only using 2 of them in my 90G...so technically I already have the lighting...which would be the most expensive part of the project....I don't know...hmmmmm...setting up another tank???? DARE I?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :) :) I could also plumb it into this system if i wanted to...

-David

No thoughts on dosing Vodka???????????? :D :D :D

-David

I hear sugar dosing is just as effective and safer. Better a late reply than never right?

I hear sugar dosing is just as effective and safer. Better a late reply than never right?

Thanks man!!! I will look into this for sure...I have heard both are risky...but it's worth looking into it.

Anyways, my fish stocking list made a slight alteration yesterday, when my g/f took me to a LFS just outside of NYC...My new, and only tang that I will be sticking in here...a Clown Tang...He is a fast little guy, eating like a pig, veggies, mysis, everything...which is a great sign, as they are a bit more difficult to keep, due to the fact they don't ship too well, alot end up dying, but this guy here was in perfect condition.

He is only about 2 1/2" but I know will outgrow my system for sure...He will have a new home in a years time...I have already made my plans to upgrade this tank to a 150G+ since a friend of mine will be upgrading to a 500+ system. Anyways, I will try to snap a shot of him...

-David

You just set this tank up and now you are thinking about a 150! I don't know if you have enough apartment space for all of it. Time to get rid of the TV and couch.

You just set this tank up and now you are thinking about a 150! I don't know if you have enough apartment space for all of it. Time to get rid of the TV and couch.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I don't know if my landlords would appreciate it all that much either. :D

I fixed my plumbing up this morning...it was making a ton of noise...and I couldn't take it anymore... :lol: So after a little tweaking everything is running much better.

-David

Here are some new long awaited photos :D

Pictures of my new clown tang, some corals and an FTS.

Tank is doing really well...I just got my order of mangroves and snails from John Maloney over at Reefcleaners.org. My caulerpa and chaeto have been growing like weeds in my fuge. I bought a new magfloat finally, and used my old little one to hold up my new frag rack I made.

post-36802-1229619457_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229619510_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229619536_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229619581_thumb.jpg

my new addition to my CUC, more nassarius and Florida ceriths, have already gone to work...my sand has been cleaned up very nicely :D :D

-David

My first day to relax with the tank, in the last couple of months ... no concerts, no school, nothing today ... going to head to a LFS and buy a few items ... looking for some new sweet SPS ...

My fish are doing really well ... This new Clown Tang is eating like a pig .... very healthy fish ... but like I said unfortunately will outgrow this tank ... He has so much personality, he is already taking food from my hand ... he and my Foxface spend most of the time chilling and swimming together ... I think my next fish from the list I will pick up ... a Radiant Wrasse ... I love their colors, very exotic looking ...

I am questioning my picking up the new Galaxea corals ... the longest feeder tentacles on them are almost 4-4 1/2" ... They were getting a little too close to my wall hammer ...

-David

I love the look of galaxea you'll just have to move your silly old hammer :)

Thanks man!!! :D I moved the Hammer ... eh I am thinking of selling it anyways ... it's in my way and taking up valuable space on my sandbed ... hahahaha, i saw some nice Acans ... I just can't justify spending $16 - 40 per polyp ... instead I picked up an ORA (not sure which it was ... ) either the Sunset Digi or some sort of Rainbow Stylophora ... along with a couple SPS frags, zoos, and two SPS colonies.

PICTURES TO COME TOMORROW ... when my lights are on. :D :D :D

-David

New Photos of my tank...corals...and my two new little Perc. Clowns...Coral and Marlin (yeah...my g/f named them...... :lol: )

Let me know what you all think :D :D :D

-David

post-36802-1229783466_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229783480_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229783509_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229783529_thumb.jpg

Wow very nice David! Man I've always wanted a nem maybe when I get a 90 one day :). Can't wait to see those guys grow out!

Thank you very much :D :D :D Finally the tank is starting to take shape...the SPS polyps are fully extended...they all look great.

Yeah this nem was a lucky find...I was suppose to get one from a few other reefers, but they ended up selling it behind my back...BS...but what can you do? Then one night I just happened to hit marketplace on MR and a friend of mine was selling his...I jumped on it literally 30secs after it went up for sale...The only reason he got rid of it was he changed his lights from MH to T-5 (which he is now going back to MH)...The anemone started to move to get more light, destroyed one of his expensive chalices, Miami Hurricane I believe and some other acan...he couldn't take it anymore...hahahahahaha... The nem fully opened is about 12"

-David

Hey David! tank is looking great..I gotta do some rescaping of my 75g and am actually thinking of combining my 40 in there..I now have 2 RBTA as mine split after it got appox. 16" in diameter it was a monster...now I have 2 monsters lol..I have to sell one locally.

Keep posting I am tagging along

I really like the the clown tangs they are great :)

enjoy the time off!

Maria

Archived