inTank Media Baskets

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking very nice there David I like the color of the XM's. Once I get my lights finished I know who I'm going to start bugging for frags!

NICE

Thank you :D Man, if you come into NYC, you gotta stop by and check it out!!! Much more impressive in person.

Very cool, tank looks super with the new lights. And the new frags don't hurt either ;)

:D

Thank you very much!!! :D Yeah frags never hurt ;) How is your 45G coming along?

Looking very nice there David I like the color of the XM's. Once I get my lights finished I know who I'm going to start bugging for frags!

LMAO!!! Sure man, come on by :D ... My SPS are starting to grow out quite a bit and with these new bulbs should be even better!!! Keeping this on the low down, I have seen a few people ripping folks apart for even thinking that this will make a difference LOL :D, but I am going to start the vodka dosing (actually a very good friend of mine ... i didn't know this until now ... actually does the sugar dosing ever so often ...), plus I met a few that do the vodka as well with incredible results! I picked up a ton of syringes from Dr. Cooper (he is on here and MR) ... looked like a drug bust lol :D

-David

hi everybody....

just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone a happy belated new year. even though i signed up for nr today most of you probably already know me through the "stories" that my bf, dave (dcg1286) has shared with you all. shamefully, regretfully, proudly they are all true, "hello my name is roslyn and i am a frag, coral and fish addict". :D

i am currently a member of manhattan reefs and have been sharing responsibilities with dave in taking care of our "10g Competition" Tank. i would have loved to share pics with you all but unfortunately instead of investing in a camera for xmas, we decided to go to the ends of the earth (well, the tri-state area) and spend our money and picked up every piece of coral and fish that is known to man. our justification: "WE ARE DOING OUR PART IN SAVING THE REEFS!!"

sadly, i must confess i am a noob. i became interested and started the 10g with dave for two reasons: 1-the due date for every fts was on our anniversary and 2-"if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" :D anyways, just wanted to say hello again and looking forward to purchasing frags from y'all, i mean participating in this lovely community. cheers!! :D

dave, i noticed something with your tank. it looks great and all but kinda empty. shopping?!?! :P

need an excuse?!?! it's national blood donor month?!?! mlk day?!?! :D

all jokes aside, looks beautiful darling. seems like you kinda know what you're doing....hehe :D

dave, i noticed something with your tank. it looks great and all but kinda empty. shopping?!?! :P

need an excuse?!?! it's national blood donor month?!?! mlk day?!?! :D

all jokes aside, looks beautiful darling. seems like you kinda know what you're doing....hehe :D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Since when did you sign up for NR? :huh: Kidding :happy: ... yeah ... I think we could use some more corals on the left side of the tank ... not enough!! :D:lol:

It's my .... um .... birthday again this week ... ssoooooo yeah ... more corals?

hi everybody....

just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone a happy belated new year. even though i signed up for nr today most of you probably already know me through the "stories" that my bf, dave (dcg1286) has shared with you all. shamefully, regretfully, proudly they are all true, "hello my name is roslyn and i am a frag, coral and fish addict". :D

i am currently a member of manhattan reefs and have been sharing responsibilities with dave in taking care of our "10g Competition" Tank. i would have loved to share pics with you all but unfortunately instead of investing in a camera for xmas, we decided to go to the ends of the earth (well, the tri-state area) and spend our money and picked up every piece of coral and fish that is known to man. our justification: "WE ARE DOING OUR PART IN SAVING THE REEFS!!"

sadly, i must confess i am a noob. i became interested and started the 10g with dave for two reasons: 1-the due date for every fts was on our anniversary and 2-"if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" :D anyways, just wanted to say hello again and looking forward to purchasing frags from y'all, i mean participating in this lovely community. cheers!! :D

Hey! Welcome Aboard!

Thank you :D Man, if you come into NYC, you gotta stop by and check it out!!! Much more impressive in person.

If i came i don't know if I would leave looking at that tank.....

hello roslyn!!!get him a nice camera will yah!!!lol,dslr hint,,,

tank is looking good,david!

Thanks Makoy ... hahahahahahahaha ... she is too addicted to corals and fish to look at cameras :D LOL!

If i came i don't know if I would leave looking at that tank.....

it's ok ... take your time! LOL :D it's turning out very nicely ... now to set up a QT tank ... need to find a heater though ... 100W just to use for this tank ... make sure no one infests this system ...:D

Oh yeah ... I also forgot to mention ... I decided to take a plunge and am getting a pair of harlequin shrimp ... lol ... they will quickly take care of the asterinas ... then have to buy c.c. starfish for them ... VERY cool little creatures ... gorgeous too!!! Found a place that sells the starfish like $5 each ... so not so bad! :D

-David

I have heard of people setting up tanks connected to their mains just for starfish rehabilitation. What you do is cut off a leg of a starfish feed it to the harlequins let that starfish recover and regrow it's leg. Get like 5 or 6 CC and you'll have enough legs for the rest of time! Of course for this your water has to be of great quality and they need to be fed, but with your SPS doing well I'm sure your water qual is up to specs and from what I hear CC stars will eat anything.

I have heard of people setting up tanks connected to their mains just for starfish rehabilitation. What you do is cut off a leg of a starfish feed it to the harlequins let that starfish recover and regrow it's leg. Get like 5 or 6 CC and you'll have enough legs for the rest of time! Of course for this your water has to be of great quality and they need to be fed, but with your SPS doing well I'm sure your water qual is up to specs and from what I hear CC stars will eat anything.

That is a great idea!!! Now to bring myself to cutting off a starfish's leg :( LOL!!!!

By the way ... check out vendor oonycxwilloo on MR ... great prices on fish and inverts!!! If you are looking for any!!! :D

-David

Harlequins are too cool. I don't think I could get myself to feed the starfish, though.

The tank is good (Just updated my thread), stop by anytime to check it out, and bring Roslyn. :)

Hi Roslyn! Nice to "meet" you. Funny how this reefing bug seems to be communicable. My husband now spends as much time checking the tank as I do. :D:mellow:

Anne

Harlequins are too cool. I don't think I could get myself to feed the starfish, though.

The tank is good (Just updated my thread), stop by anytime to check it out, and bring Roslyn. :)

Hi Roslyn! Nice to "meet" you. Funny how this reefing bug seems to be communicable. My husband now spends as much time checking the tank as I do. :D:mellow:

Anne

Hey Anne,

Yeaaaaaahhhh ... I need to bring myself to chopping off a starfish's arm and feed it to them ... it's nature I suppose ... lol :D We would love to stop by to see the tank!!!

One you catch the reefing bug it nevers goes away!!!! :lol:

I knew your husband would catch on!!! Please tell him and your children I said hello!!! :D

-David

Well I started to dose my tank with vodka ... very small amounts ... i mean very small ... dosage for days 1-3 ... 0.2ml per 25G ... (it's about 6-7 drops) ... I am keeping a very watchful eye on everything ... so far so good ... I don't do the full dose all at once of course ... over the course of the day ... I will say that after an hour of dosing the stuff ... the tank goes crystal clear!!!

I will keep you all posted on how this goes. :D

-David

Dave Do you shut your skimmer off when dosing?

No ... i leave it running ... one of the most important pieces of equipment for dosing vodka!! :D

-David

When cutting your starfish just thing hey little guy at least I'm not letting you get eaten to death slowly by mean shrimp.

LoL!!!!!!! DUDE!!!! That is awesome!!! Now I feel bad ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Archived