Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

Hey David! tank is looking great..I gotta do some rescaping of my 75g and am actually thinking of combining my 40 in there..I now have 2 RBTA as mine split after it got appox. 16" in diameter it was a monster...now I have 2 monsters lol..I have to sell one locally.

Keep posting I am tagging along

I really like the the clown tangs they are great :)

enjoy the time off!

Maria

Thank you very much Maria ... I am enjoying my time off alot right now ... even if it is just a couple of days ... I get to sit and relax with the tank :happy: ... These RBTA's are so beautiful ... mine found a nice spot ... I hope he will stay there ... The clowns have yet to host it ... but since I just added them yesterday, it may take a while ...

The Clown Tangs are sooooo gorgeous ... this one was a real find ... I almost lost it to some guy, who clearly had NO idea what he was doing ... 200G + reef, and he was about to shove Batfish, Triggers and a Puffer into it ... after that, he was looking at the little pipefish the LFS was selling well ... what a total moron ... and this fish was just too beautiful and in such great condition to pass up ... plus this guys wife didn't like the look of it, sooooooo he wasn't going to get it ... LOL! ... I know he will outgrow my tank ... he will probably stop at 10" if I keep him that long ... but right now, he is small and loves the tank ... he is really a pet ... he will take any food right out of my hand ... People already are trying to convince me to go larger ... 240G and above ... Crazy stuff ... that's all I have to say ...

-David

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally forgot to mention ... I saw that ORA Red Planet frag ... it's a stunning piece of coral ... I want it soooooo badly ... hopefully a local reefer will be fragging their's sometime soon!!! :D

What do we think of getting a Mystery Wrasse?

-David

dahliaheartsyou

omg looks AMAZING as usual!

i love your coral choices, so vibrant, especially the brain and the BTA!!!

and the fish are awesome too!!!

=]

omg looks AMAZING as usual!

i love your coral choices, so vibrant, especially the brain and the BTA!!!

and the fish are awesome too!!!

=]

I like the BTA's colors.

Thank you, you two :D :D :D

Yeah, this tank is starting to take a nice shape ... been showing it off to a number of people lately ... I need a better camera ... the quality of my pictures are not too good ... Christmas is coming up ;)

-David

I have also begun my work on my 20G Frag tank :D

Some of my birthday pick ups ... well technically my B-day is tomorrow, buuuutttttt, me and the g/f stopped at a LFS after my concert today :D

New Ultra Grade Crocea Clam

Leopard Wrasse (got him for $15 ... I know this one will be fine ... she is tearing away at my pods and eating mysis ... I think I can also train her to eat from my hand :D )

Acropora Colony

Enjoy! :D:lol::happy:

-David

post-36802-1229902452_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229902494_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229902628_thumb.jpg

cool picks david!now all you need is a good camera for christmas!

i know that's what i want for christmas! :P

Thanks Makoy!!! :D

Seriously, I need a new camera, I have had this one for too long now ... I can barely get a clear shot of my fish ... Christmas is almost here ... plus my b-day :D

-David

Some of my birthday pick ups ... well technically my B-day is tomorrow, buuuutttttt, me and the g/f stopped at a LFS after my concert today :D

New Ultra Grade Crocea Clam

Leopard Wrasse (got him for $15 ... I know this one will be fine ... she is tearing away at my pods and eating mysis ... I think I can also train her to eat from my hand :D )

Acropora Colony

Enjoy! :D:lol::happy:

-David

What's the colony on the bottom called?

What's the colony on the bottom called?

I have no idea actually lol :huh: ... maybe I can somehow get an ID on it ... the store wasn't selling them by any names ... just aquacultured acropora colonies ... :)

The tips are so bright under the actinics ... it looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

-David

that is the most beautiful fish i have ever seen!!!!

and happy birthday!!!

Birthday-Cat.jpg

Thank you very much Dahlia!!! 22 on the 22nd :D LOL :lol:

Yeah, this Leopard Wrasse is gorgeous ... why i got her I will never know ... the fish was so nice when I was standing there looking at the tanks ... it swam up to me ... followed my finger ... went wherever I walked ... I had to get it ... it is already eating prepared food ... the store said they had had it for 3 weeks ... no cuts or bruises, so it wasn't being harassed by other fish ... we'll see ... they are soooo gorgeous!

-David

Hey David!

I got a Leopard wrasse too :D lookey at my 40 thread i took some ok pics of it the first day he came out..they hide in the sand lol they are awesome wrasse, I am surprised more people do not have them...they get rare in the trade and you won't see them for a long time and then *poof* arrivals from Africa haha I also got a African midas blenny another fish that was on to get list

great corals ya got there :P

Hey David!

I got a Leopard wrasse too :D lookey at my 40 thread i took some ok pics of it the first day he came out..they hide in the sand lol they are awesome wrasse, I am surprised more people do not have them...they get rare in the trade and you won't see them for a long time and then *poof* arrivals from Africa haha I also got a African midas blenny another fish that was on to get list

great corals ya got there :P

I just took a look at your tank Maria ... it's beautiful!!!!!!! I love that Leopard you got!!! Very exotic looking :D I saw a few Midas Blenny yesterday ... I should have gotten one ... lol

Here are a couple pics under the actinics ... My new acro colony and my open brain.

-David

post-36802-1229950303_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1229950549_thumb.jpg

As I am checking out the tank this morning ... I just noticed my ORA Monti Confusa frag has started growing over my rock ... My monti caps on my frag rack also have new growth ... this stuff is growing fast ... :happydance::happy:

Happy Birthday!
hbd!
Happy Birf day David! :flower:

Thank you all veeeerrrrrrryyyyyy much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think I am going to head to another LFS this evening, after a day of practice, and pick up a few new items ... I keep forgetting to pick up some skunk cleaner shrimp ... :lol:

I am getting some crazy PE on my SPS lately ... they look so beautiful!!!! :D

-David

whoa, that brain is CRAZY AWESOME!!!

Crazyawesome.gif

Thanks Dahlia!!! :D I have had this piece for almost 6 months now ... it was in my 45G ... but outgrew the area it was in ... it's like 7" fully opened ... Beautiful piece ... sits right in the center of my tank, next to giant Squamosa.

Clown tangs are awesome, so are leopards!

Tank looks good too!

Thank you very much SDT ... I love these Leopards ... just a tricky fish to keep ... it has been picking on my pods all day and eats cyclopeeze and mysis as well ... I just hope I can fatten her up. :D

Awesome stuff!

HBD!!!

Do your B-day gifts count as Christmas gifts too?

Hahaha ... No, they are kept separate ... I have been very lucky they don't combine both of Christmas and B-day gifts in one. :D

-David

Sooooooooooo my b-day catches, which I need to leave in a QT tank because I want to wait before putting into my main system ... don't want to add to many fishies to the system now ... they are in perfect condition, but I want to make sure!

1 - Blotched Anthias

1 - Exquisite Wrasse

So my g/f surprised me, again :D

My fish stocking is complete, no more ... only corals will be going into this tank from this point forward. Although I didn't stick with my original stocking plans, I am VERY happy with the choices that I made! :D

I will get some pictures of these guys soon!

-David

Archived