Cultivated Reef

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

With this new Tunze 6080 PH coming to me ... I am thinking of getting rid of my 2 Seio's and the Koralia 3 and just leave the K-4 ... wise??? That 6080 plus the K-4 and my return pump should be sufficient.

-David

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Acro Shots

Unknown Acro: picked it up from a friend who decided to buy the whole colony ... it's been coloring up every day since I got it ...

Greg Hiller's Aquadelight: Quickly becoming one of my favorite corals ... beautiful colors!!! Actually if you can see all the way in the back ... this purple/white coral ... it was part of my order from Pacific East Aquaculture ... I wasn't overly thrilled with the pieces they sent ... it was from the WYSIWYG section ... colors are faded ... they looked nice on the site ... whatever ... got to take the time to color them all up now. :D

Violet Pink-Tip Acro: Or at least that is what it is supposed to be ... yeah .. it has slightly pink tips ... but the base of it is lime green right now ... lol ... I also got a Neon Green Purple Bonsai ... NONE of those colors are currently showing ... Dr. Mac order again ... I give him credit for producing nice photos, but from the quality I received ... luckily they were all marked down 60%

Clown Tang and Foxface: These two go at it all day long ... quite funny to watch ... they will be chasing each other all around the tank. Not in an aggressive manner though.

Enjoy!!! :D

-David

post-36802-1230734528_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1230734622_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1230734658_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1230734685_thumb.jpg

great pix David! someday I shall venture to the SPS side :)

Awesome!!! You should ... they are sooo beautiful ... they are not difficult like some people make them seem ... Stability and excellent water quality is the key ... I am sure you will have no trouble what-so-ever! :D

-David

My Foxface and Clown Tang are getting very comfortable with my hands in the tank ... the clown tang decided to nip at my arm ... and the Foxface swims around it ... worries me a little ... I don't want to get stung if I scare him ... OUCH!!!!

-David

Well had a minor mishap this morning ... and unfortunately I had expected it ... lol ... In either case I am happy it happened. Knocked over the center rock that was tilted at an angle ... I felt it give way when i was fixing something ... then crash ... fragged up my nice green monti ... lol ... But in all honesty everything looks nicer now ... so I can't really complain ... did a bit of a water change ... which I was going to do anyways ... fish are fine .... corals seem to be fine ... the SPS are all opening again ... damn ... didn't expect that this morning ... :D

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

-David

Finally finished up the new rockwork ... looks great ... and now I have more surface space for frags ... :D LOL ... oh man ... such a pain in the a$$ when the rocks fall ... no fishies were hurt ... although my clown tang got very defensive when I stuck my arm in to fix it.

Well that Tunze 6080 was too powerful for my tank ... so I found someone to make a trade for a smaller version 6025 or 6045. :D

-David

Someone needs to keep their hands out of the tank after a night of debauchery.

LOL!!! Who me? Never!!! Nah ... I saw this rock coming down ... it was a matter of time ... lol :D

-David

As man those clowns hosting the anenome are awesome!!

Thanks!!! :D

Yesterday, I made a journey up to Peekskill, NY with the g/f to make a trade for my Tunze, I picked up a modded 6025 ... which runs to the same as the 6045 ... the water flow is absolutely perfect ... he was such a nice guy, also gave me a couple frags ... some more ORA Blue Digi, and a piece of SMCooler LE Pink Lemonade (for free) ... I was shocked ... lol ... it's such an awesome piece!!! I also made a stop at a LFS up there ... the prices are AMAZING ... picked up a cleaner shrimp and some other stuff.

-David

Getting an APC 7900 Power unit ... my entire tank will be controlled by my laptop ... lol ... too funny ... Making a trade for one with a return pump that I have. :D

-David

Dag! u get all the good dealz lol

Hope ya had a Happy New Years!

M

I guess so :D lol ... Someone is always looking for something ... that's when I strike :D :D :D

It was sooooooo cold outside on New Years I stayed in :D LOL :lol:

-David

It was nice and breezy here lol I thought u would be at Times Square acting crazy haha

I am looking at my maroon clown kicking up sand in my 75g <_< hate it when she does that

It was nice and breezy here lol I thought u would be at Times Square acting crazy haha

I am looking at my maroon clown kicking up sand in my 75g <_< hate it when she does that

Yeah ... riiiiigggghhhtttt ... me in Times Square ... lol ... I literally went out for 1 hour to grab dinner with the g/f ... I swear the hospitals must be packed with people that caught pneumonia ... LOL!!!

Insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap:

I wish I was down in West Palm ... sheesh ... it's been so cold up here this entire week ... lol ... Actually my father's mother lives in West Palm ... and my mother's parents use to have a couple places in Pompano Beach ... I went down there until the time I was like 10-11 ... I wish they still had them!!!

-David

Well my corals from Dr. Mac are starting to show some life to them :happy::lol: ... although I called them and left a message about the condition ... they never called me back ... although I am pretty sure they were open yesterday ... in either case ... that at least makes me happy ... I see the polyps starting to come out of them ... funny enough I am not the only to experience this with their shipments ... even when they come to swaps in NY ... the frags that RTN are always from him ... weird ... not looking to bash them ... but not the best quality that I have seen ... what can you do right?

I love it how the violet pink tip acro I got is Lime green with pinkish - esque polyps. LOL! :D

-David

Both Clowns in the anemone :D The female chases the male out sometimes ... and then chases him all over the tank ... really funny to watch :D :D : D

-David

post-36802-1231014734_thumb.jpg

Just got new halides since the Ushio's wouldn't fire up in my tank ... XM 15K's ... they look ammmmmmmaaaaazzzzzzziiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D I am very pleased ... and found them from a local reefer brand new for less ...

Archived