Innovative Marine Aquariums

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

Look's great Dave! Awesome fish! You do great work with your violin as well.

Thanks Clay, thank you very much ... glad to see you here again (haven't seen you around here in a while) ... A lot of work on this tank lately ... well not really ... just more corals and some fish ... but so far everything is doing VERY VERY well ... I am making a trade tomorrow for some montis and a chalice ... Can't wait to see them!!! :D How's the 135G coming along?

-David

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Clay, thank you very much ... glad to see you here again (haven't seen you around here in a while) ... A lot of work on this tank lately ... well not really ... just more corals and some fish ... but so far everything is doing VERY VERY well ... I am making a trade tomorrow for some montis and a chalice ... Can't wait to see them!!! :D How's the 135G coming along?

-David

Thanks, I've actually been pretty busy with the 135. I'm just waitin for the rest of the parts to get into the lfs (was suppose to be yesterday). Waitin on a new pump, new ballast, pvc, pvc fittings, etc. and then were ready to rock and roll!! My lfs got a lot of nice rock in about a week ago and I hand selected 40lbs. that he put in the corner of his "rock pond" so I can pick it up when I'm ready. I estimate to be full of water, sand, and about 70% of the rock by next week!!! (transfering a lot of rock from other tanks into it).

I also got the 10g rimless up, I entered a contest for it! It's this one right here- http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1997330

I can hopefully get around to makin a thread today for it, as well as taking some pics. Still need a light for it though lol, was looking into fishneedit 4x24 watt since the watt limit for the contest is 100.

Thanks, I've actually been pretty busy with the 135. I'm just waitin for the rest of the parts to get into the lfs (was suppose to be yesterday). Waitin on a new pump, new ballast, pvc, pvc fittings, etc. and then were ready to rock and roll!! My lfs got a lot of nice rock in about a week ago and I hand selected 40lbs. that he put in the corner of his "rock pond" so I can pick it up when I'm ready. I estimate to be full of water, sand, and about 70% of the rock by next week!!! (transfering a lot of rock from other tanks into it).

I also got the 10g rimless up, I entered a contest for it! It's this one right here- http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1997330

I can hopefully get around to makin a thread today for it, as well as taking some pics. Still need a light for it though lol, was looking into fishneedit 4x24 watt since the watt limit for the contest is 100.

Awesome!!! I can't wait to see pictures of it!!! :D

The fishneedit fixtures are great if you are on a budget!!! I am looking into their MH Fixtures for my tank ... replace my SE for HQI.

-David

Cool looking jawfish. Make sure u always keep the top covered ;) Im guessing that since most bluespot run around 100 bucks here, then you might have sold your violin to pay for it....that or your first born child.

Cool looking jawfish. Make sure u always keep the top covered ;) Im guessing that since most bluespot run around 100 bucks here, then you might have sold your violin to pay for it....that or your first born child.

LoL ... he is a nice one ... this species grows quite large ... 8" max ... Beautiful little guys!!! :D

-David

Oooh, I like the new jawfish, what a sweet face!

:)

LoL Thanks Anne, he is sooooo grumpy ... However he watched me practice all day ... very cute! :D

-David

New corals that I received in a trade yesterday ...

Chalice

Rainbow Monti

Purple Monti Cap

Red Micromussa

Enjoy!!! :D

-David

post-36802-1232371356_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1232371412_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1232371487_thumb.jpg

post-36802-1232371529_thumb.jpg

Thank you guys very much :D :D :D Really appreciate it!!!

Time to take some new shots of the tank in the morning! :D

-David

wow dude

tank looks amazing!

i really need more coral in mine hahah, probably gna go breakwater diving next weekend for some frags

wow dude

tank looks amazing!

i really need more coral in mine hahah, probably gna go breakwater diving next weekend for some frags

Thank you very much!!!

Dude that is awesome!!! I wish I could go diving for frags!!!! LoL ... I am sure it's so beautiful out there!!! :D

More corals is always a good thing! :D

-David

Thank you very much!!!

Dude that is awesome!!! I wish I could go diving for frags!!!! LoL ... I am sure it's so beautiful out there!!! :D

More corals is always a good thing! :D

-David

haha

well im not sure if you can, but its more free diving / snorkeling as i dont have dive kit xD

but i saw a video on youtube where a dude filmed a jellyfish, and u can see when he moves the camera small heads of coral, and i went there this weekend but it was too late by the time we found it and it was getting dark, so hopefully i can go next weekend and get some heads of SPS

my zoas are from a harbour breakwater i found them and took half a colony as well, and i figure its better than buying coral where they damage actual reefs, cus this is a man made jetty. plus i cant find SPS here haha

how many fish do you have btw? whats your final stocking list like?

haha

well im not sure if you can, but its more free diving / snorkeling as i dont have dive kit xD

but i saw a video on youtube where a dude filmed a jellyfish, and u can see when he moves the camera small heads of coral, and i went there this weekend but it was too late by the time we found it and it was getting dark, so hopefully i can go next weekend and get some heads of SPS

my zoas are from a harbour breakwater i found them and took half a colony as well, and i figure its better than buying coral where they damage actual reefs, cus this is a man made jetty. plus i cant find SPS here haha

how many fish do you have btw? whats your final stocking list like?

That is great!!! :D Wow ... I am impressed ... Awesome that you can go snip some SPS ... and in a man made jetty as well ... I wish we had that ... too cold in NY for exotic species ... lol ...

My fish list ... btw it was nothing of what I thought it was going to be ... LoL ... always happens that way ... doesn't it?

1x Powder Blue Tang

1x Clown Tang

1x Foxface

1x Exquisite Wrasse

1x Copperband Butterfly

3x Bangaii Cardinalfish

2x Green Chromis

2x Occelaris Clownfish

1x Red Headed Jawfish

1x Six Line Wrasse

1x Firefish

I think that is it ... maybe I am missing something ... lol.

-David

That is great!!! :D Wow ... I am impressed ... Awesome that you can go snip some SPS ... and in a man made jetty as well ... I wish we had that ... too cold in NY for exotic species ... lol ...

My fish list ... btw it was nothing of what I thought it was going to be ... LoL ... always happens that way ... doesn't it?

1x Powder Blue Tang

1x Clown Tang

1x Foxface

1x Exquisite Wrasse

1x Copperband Butterfly

3x Bangaii Cardinalfish

2x Green Chromis

2x Occelaris Clownfish

1x Red Headed Jawfish

1x Six Line Wrasse

1x Firefish

I think that is it ... maybe I am missing something ... lol.

-David

some schmexi fish haha

and you have NY, there are mad musicians(yourself included) and artists(fine and street) that come from NY, and we dont have that, so ner lol

and id get another bangaii cus when they mature a pair will harrass the single to death

i was really religious with my stocking list, till the angelfish came up, then the pipefish, now im looking for some small gobies and low bioload fish, just to add some interest without much bioload

hows the wrasse btw? ive wanted a fairy wrasse for a while now

some schmexi fish haha

and you have NY, there are mad musicians(yourself included) and artists(fine and street) that come from NY, and we dont have that, so ner lol

and id get another bangaii cus when they mature a pair will harrass the single to death

i was really religious with my stocking list, till the angelfish came up, then the pipefish, now im looking for some small gobies and low bioload fish, just to add some interest without much bioload

hows the wrasse btw? ive wanted a fairy wrasse for a while now

LoL .. OK we are even then .. so ha!

Yeah ... there is an official pair in this tank (Bangaii) ... lol ... they leave the 3rd guy alone for now ... I think it is also a female ... the largest is definitely the male ... I will remove the 3rd one if anything happens (which it most likely will :( ) But I wanted to make sure I was able to get M&F ...

Fairy Wrasses are awesome!!!!!!!!! Love these fish!!! Eats anything and everything in sight!!! All of them ... they are all so beautiful!!!!!

You have that Majestic Angel correct? OH man ... I am so jealous ... one of the most beautiful fish EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I started dosing Amino Acids as of last night ... part of the whole vodka dosing ritual ... lol ... I started last night ... now up to .9ml of vodka per day ... My slow growing SPS are even starting to encrust and grow! :D

The new corals look great, David. :D

It's wonderful you're having such success with the vodka dosing. I'm guessing there are many following along to see how it progresses.

The new corals look great, David. :D

It's wonderful you're having such success with the vodka dosing. I'm guessing there are many following along to see how it progresses.

Thanks Anne!!! :D I also picked up a giant Zoo colony ... really cheap ... I will have to frag you a piece and bring it over!

Vodka dosing ... yeah ... it's interesting ... It's very hard to do in a nano ... the dosage is soooooo small even for my system ... it would be VERY easy to over dose on small systems ... end result crashing the tank ... LoL ... But i have to say, there is much more growth from my SPS lately ... Even my LPS are looking really good these days!

-David

Thanks Anne!!! :D I also picked up a giant Zoo colony ... really cheap ... I will have to frag you a piece and bring it over!

-David

yes, Yes, and did I mention YES? :P:D:)

yes, Yes, and did I mention YES? :P:D:)

LoL ... I also want to try fragging my Tyree Neon Green Polyped Toadstool. Suppose I will just take a pair of scissors to that one :D

-David

Frag away, my friend. I think I've got a couple of empty spots ;) And I won't even notice ragged edges. :P

Absolutely!!! :D

Plus my Xenia has started to take off ... Xenia ... best coral for determining water quality ... :D Love it!!! :D

-David

BTW ... Daaznmofo is in Queens ... he has some incredible stuff :D

Not sure about the Xenia, you are talking to a woman who can't get her kids haircuts in a timely manner. :blush::o So convenient that one wants to be Rapunzel and another is grooming his rock star image. ;)

Thanks for the info re Daazmofo, Queens might not be realistic for me, leaves me out of range for pick up when the school nurse inevitably calls. :( It's too bad for me, because those pics look beautiful.

Not sure about the Xenia, you are talking to a woman who can't get her kids haircuts in a timely manner. :blush::o So convenient that one wants to be Rapunzel and another is grooming his rock star image. ;)

Thanks for the info re Daazmofo, Queens might not be realistic for me, leaves me out of range for pick up when the school nurse inevitably calls. :( It's too bad for me, because those pics look beautiful.

i read a nice article on vodka dosing, ill find it for you if you want?

i read a nice article on vodka dosing, ill find it for you if you want?

If you're offering to me, thanks East1, but not yet. I'm still working my way through the basics, anything else seems like it would leave too wide a margin of error for a newb. :D

If you're offering to me, thanks East1, but not yet. I'm still working my way through the basics, anything else seems like it would leave too wide a margin of error for a newb. :D

for whoever wants,

here it is anyway, its bascially got a step by step, what to look for what not to do etc

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/nftt/index.php

personally, i dont dose

but thats cus i dont skim, so it wudnt work

Archived