Innovative Marine Aquariums

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

New Acro Colony :D

Picked it up pretty cheap from the LFS ... it's coloring up more and more everyday ... this shot is without the MH on. I can see it's going to be a nice deep purple ...

I also FINALLY got my pair of Spotted Mandarins ... CUUUUUUUTTTTTTEEEEEEE little guys. Took about a month for them to come in ... well worth the wait!!! I will snap a picture of them hanging out together. :D

-David

post-36802-1233410862_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice frag there David. Just got my first frags from Daaznmofo looking very nice. I hope those blue cloves take off and cover the rock I put them on.

Nice frag there David. Just got my first frags from Daaznmofo looking very nice. I hope those blue cloves take off and cover the rock I put them on.

Awesome!!! Justin is a very nice guy ... and has some really nice stuff ... Those cloves he had were insane ... grow 'em out, we trade. :D

-David

as always looking great!

Now we wanna see shots of the new fish

FISH ADDICT

Absolutely :D You ask therefor you shall receive ;)

-David

Absolutely :D You ask therefor you shall receive ;)

-David

nice coral ^^

i just read that moorish idol article

i might try one and buy/culture/collect sponges for it,

my tanks in hypo now sadly after the ich outbreak before i could lower it to the right SG i lost my majestic angelfish and CBB, so i guess im going to get a little restocking list up..

ahh i wish i had a nice tank to stare at now not my tattered reef >:[

lol new FTS?

nice coral ^^

i just read that moorish idol article

i might try one and buy/culture/collect sponges for it,

my tanks in hypo now sadly after the ich outbreak before i could lower it to the right SG i lost my majestic angelfish and CBB, so i guess im going to get a little restocking list up..

ahh i wish i had a nice tank to stare at now not my tattered reef >:[

lol new FTS?

Thank you very much. :D

AWWWWWW ... That Majestic Angel is sooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to get another one ... they have such a nice personality ... and the colors are like none other!

That would be amazing if you could collect sponges for a Moorish Idol ... I wish I could do that around here! I really really really thought about getting one ... it's a risk around here though ... they don't carry them very often ... so when they do ... always some dope buys it right away ... then it dies ... of course ... I will find one eventually ...

Doesn't the food for them just look so appetizing? :( YUCK ... LoL ...

Such a beautiful fish ... good luck with that!!! So few have kept it alive in a home aquarium ... but I am sure you will have no problem ... ;)

-David

Thank you very much. :D

AWWWWWW ... That Majestic Angel is sooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to get another one ... they have such a nice personality ... and the colors are like none other!

That would be amazing if you could collect sponges for a Moorish Idol ... I wish I could do that around here! I really really really thought about getting one ... it's a risk around here though ... they don't carry them very often ... so when they do ... always some dope buys it right away ... then it dies ... of course ... I will find one eventually ...

Doesn't the food for them just look so appetizing? :( YUCK ... LoL ...

Such a beautiful fish ... good luck with that!!! So few have kept it alive in a home aquarium ... but I am sure you will have no problem ... ;)

-David

im really gutted bout the angel, trust hahah

but i might get a regal cus the majestic's are almost the price of my tank(which just hurts to think about now) and regals i can get at my LFS for 30$ ish, eating

and the moorish idols are always at my LFS, like 3 a month, and also not too expensive, might try one, just re worked my rock work to provide like 3 or 4 big caves now pre empting a few new fish, do u know anything about the forcepfish, forcipger flavissimus? (spelling) looking into one

and how are the mandarins? my pod pop is booming might try a pair..then again i just killed my pop by hypoing the tank...ahhh lol

ill send u a PM when i get the idol, probably after the school trip week, so like feb 18

im really gutted bout the angel, trust hahah

but i might get a regal cus the majestic's are almost the price of my tank(which just hurts to think about now) and regals i can get at my LFS for 30$ ish, eating

and the moorish idols are always at my LFS, like 3 a month, and also not too expensive, might try one, just re worked my rock work to provide like 3 or 4 big caves now pre empting a few new fish, do u know anything about the forcepfish, forcipger flavissimus? (spelling) looking into one

and how are the mandarins? my pod pop is booming might try a pair..then again i just killed my pop by hypoing the tank...ahhh lol

ill send u a PM when i get the idol, probably after the school trip week, so like feb 18

Damn ... I want to come to your LFS ... LoL ... For real ...

I know the pain of losing expensive fish ... oh man ... it hurts ... ALOT!!! :(

Long Nose Butterfly Fish (Forcipiger flavissimus)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=350

I actually kept one in a reef tank when I was about 10-11 (i am only 22 now LoL) ... Was a great reef citizen ... NEVER touched a piece of coral ever ... beautiful looking fish ... Wow ... this is another fish I have NOT seen around here at all lately ... Hence why I went with the CBB ... Beautiful fish ... I never had any problems with them ... very peaceful as well.

Mandarins are doing great ... I have a huge pod population ... due to a fuge filled with caleurpa, chaeto and also the mangroves ... I have some giant ones ... lol ... creepy ... they both chill out in the rocks ... popping their heads out occasionally ... I don't think they are eating prepared foods yet ... time to train them I suppose. :D

-David

Yeah I'd definitely be up for trading when these blue cloves grow out. They look awesome. I can't wait to see them under LEDs. They are so much more colorful than the pics lead you to believe. They are super tiny as well I can just imagine a carpet of them would look amazing. Once they spread off the frag I got I'll cut it out and trade it with you.

Hey any tips for getting my eagle eyes off the frag plug? Those things look horrible in my tank. I was thinking of just taking a hacksaw to the little mounting rod but I was thinking of just using a razor blade and slice them off in a few weeks. What do you think?

Yeah I'd definitely be up for trading when these blue cloves grow out. They look awesome. I can't wait to see them under LEDs. They are so much more colorful than the pics lead you to believe. They are super tiny as well I can just imagine a carpet of them would look amazing. Once they spread off the frag I got I'll cut it out and trade it with you.

Hey any tips for getting my eagle eyes off the frag plug? Those things look horrible in my tank. I was thinking of just taking a hacksaw to the little mounting rod but I was thinking of just using a razor blade and slice them off in a few weeks. What do you think?

Yeah!!! :D I am sure those Cloves are amazing!!! :D

I have to keep reminding myself ... SPS grow ... can't buy TOO many frags ... Frags become colonies ... lol :D

As far as the frag plugs are concerned ... I just cut off the bottom rod ... :D Glue it down ... eventually the zoos grow right over the plug and you won't see it. :D

-David

sweet pair of mandarin,david!

Thanks Makoy!!! :D

I have also thought about switching over salts ... I want to try Reef Crystals ... RS Coral Pro is very good ... but I don't know ... doesn't always seem to do the trick ... We'll see ... :D Anyone using that D&D Solutions? Any advice would be much appreciated! :D

-David

i heard a lot of good reviews about d&d!i've been using reef crystal all along.

Yeah ... same here ... but I have heard Reef Crystals is great too ... hmmmm ... I am also going to redo some of my rocks ... take some out ... I have too much on the sandbed for my taste ...

-David

Yeah ... same here ... but I have heard Reef Crystals is great too ... hmmmm ... I am also going to redo some of my rocks ... take some out ... I have too much on the sandbed for my taste ...

-David

yeah, take some out off your sandbed!and fill your sandbed with different aussie acans!!! ;)

Awesome fts! Tanks lookin great!! Its just gettin me more pumped up to get the 135 ready! I just picked up another 15lbs of rock today, mostly shelf rock. I think im gonna redo the aquascape, im just not likingi t the way it is right now.

I'm also goin with 4x54 watt t5 actinics, with the 2x175 mh's of course.

Awesome fts! Tanks lookin great!! Its just gettin me more pumped up to get the 135 ready! I just picked up another 15lbs of rock today, mostly shelf rock. I think im gonna redo the aquascape, im just not likingi t the way it is right now.

I'm also goin with 4x54 watt t5 actinics, with the 2x175 mh's of course.

That is awesome Clay!!! :D 135G ... man ... I am so jealous ... for real ... I want more fish ... but I seriously think I am at my max ... Unless I could somehow get some Blue Eyed Cardinals ... a nice school of them ... mmaaaaayyyyyybbbbbbeeeeeeee ... :D We shall see ... :D

-David

Trying to get my hands on a large Hydnophora Colony :D It's about the size of a football ... and a large Pavona ... beautiful pieces they are ... :D

-David

Tank is looking great ... glued down some more frags I had off of the rack ... some were near death only 2 months ago ... a few monti's and such ... now they are fully encrusted and growing very quickly. :D Also I noticed a piece of Purple Bonsai I had gotten nearly 3 months ago ... I could have sworn was dead ... grew back ... and is coloring up everyday.

Vodka dosing up to 1.2ml per day (.6 in the morning, .6 before bed ...

Getting more daytime PE from my SPS ... it's insane to see once my actinics come on, how far extended some of the acro colonies are.

-David

Hey David :)

Love the mandarins, they look great! Glad to hear the frags are growing so well, the tank is already beautiful, I can only imagine what it will look like with another 6 months of growth. B)

Hey David :)

Love the mandarins, they look great! Glad to hear the frags are growing so well, the tank is already beautiful, I can only imagine what it will look like with another 6 months of growth. B)

Thanks so much Anne!!! :D

I got a HUGE (and I mean huge) Hydnophora colony ... 8x12" ... lol ... It takes up the left corner of my tank now ... along with a large Pavona ... 3x3" ... :D Pics to come in the morning with the lights on.

-David

Archived