inTank Media Baskets

DCG1286 90G SPS Reef Tank - NEW PICTURES!

DCG1286

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up a nice large frag of Greg Hiller's Purple Monti ... lately I have been obsessed with montipora ... don't kNO why ... lol ... Can't wait for this piece of grow out!!!

Everything is looking pretty good lately ... had to clean up my fuge a bit ... too much cr@p growing down there ... lol ... everything is very healthy ... fish and all. :D

-David

Looks great, you have some really nice fish!

Thank you very much :D

I just realized something though ... I have had this Copperband for a while now ... still not really eating prepared foods ... but, boy is he getting fat ... wow ...LoL :D

-David

great pix David! tank is coming along fantastic fo' sho' :D

Why thank you ;) So I saw you are upgrading your 40L????? :D :D :D

-David

yep! It's about time..I have been saving up for a while and wanted to get this used RSM but they sold it :tears: so I have always wanted a bow front tank and a rock wall and well...thats wha' ha' happened lol

:happydance:

yep! It's about time..I have been saving up for a while and wanted to get this used RSM but they sold it :tears: so I have always wanted a bow front tank and a rock wall and well...thats wha' ha' happened lol

:happydance:

Awwwwwwwwww!!! I am sorry to hear that ... but you got an even larger tank sooooooo ... i mean ... it's all good :D :D :D Now for a 90G ;) right? :D

-David

Well I think I am finally happy with where my tank is ... got my fish ... I love this Powder Blue tang ... takes food right out of my hand ... very cute ... All of my stuff is growing ... very quickly at that ... the only thing I could ask for are a few my inverts ... Cleaner Shrimp ... and a few other things ... :D

Dosing 1ml of vodka per day ...

The cyano in my fuge finally cleared up ... VEEERRRRYYYYY happy about that ... before it looked like a swamp ... so gross ... I got some more chaeto and removed some of the Caluerpa that was growing like wildfire down there ... Making some baggies to give this stuff away ... Dr. Cooper I got a bag for you ... with some of the biggest pods around. :D :D :D

-David

tank is looking good david!
Lookin great! Love the new frags! I just got finished aquascaping the 135, should have pics up in my thread is a few minutes!!!

Thanks you two ... :D Makoy, you need any chaeto ... or caleurpa ... or both ... ? LoL ... i got a load in my fuge ... I could bring you some if you need it ...

Clay, that is awesome ... that 135 is going to be soooo sweet when you are done with it ... how deep is that tank again?

-David

Thanks you two ... :D Makoy, you need any chaeto ... or caleurpa ... or both ... ? LoL ... i got a load in my fuge ... I could bring you some if you need it ...

Clay, that is awesome ... that 135 is going to be soooo sweet when you are done with it ... how deep is that tank again?

-David

72 long

18 wide

24 deep

I think it's perfect dimensions, plenty of width, height, and definately length! I still need some more rock though, so about 1/3 of the tank only has one big rock there but the rest is good.

72 long

18 wide

24 deep

I think it's perfect dimensions, plenty of width, height, and definately length! I still need some more rock though, so about 1/3 of the tank only has one big rock there but the rest is good.

That is awesome ... now I really wish I had 6ft of tank ... More fish ... lol ... nah ... I am totally maxxed out on fish ... I think I can maybe get away with a pair of mandarins ... that's about it ...

I actually like minimal rock work these days ... I don't know why ... The island look is very cool at that ...

My next tank ... yeah ... I am planning ahead ... 150G cube ... 36x36x24 ... Oh man ... how badly I want this tank!!!!

-David

I am the one from manhattan reef, nice tank again

Thank you very much!!! :D Manhattan Reefs is a great site ... especially for finding great deals on equipment ... It's how I got my tank! :D

-David

Another tank already! You just got that one! I guess you'll really have to get rid of the couch and TV and possibly your bed just to fit all the tanks.

Really digging your clam David where did you get them? I know NY aquarium services had some last time I was there I think once I get my LEDs set up I'm going to try some SPS and see how they do. Then I may try my hand at a clam. Going to need a skimmer first though.

Another tank already! You just got that one! I guess you'll really have to get rid of the couch and TV and possibly your bed just to fit all the tanks.

Really digging your clam David where did you get them? I know NY aquarium services had some last time I was there I think once I get my LEDs set up I'm going to try some SPS and see how they do. Then I may try my hand at a clam. Going to need a skimmer first though.

Hey Bro,

Yeah ... I was going to get rid of all of the furniture ... and fill this place with tanks :D LOL!!! :D :D :D I don't think the landloRd will be too happy, but that's ok! ;)

My clams ... let me see ... The smallest crocea, I picked up from Greenwich Aquaria, I gave a concert up there ... then stopped by right after ... lol ... the other Crocea came from an MR member ... He is bringing a number of them in ... it's like 3 1/2-4" ... The giant squamosa I picked up over the summer ... the guy that had originally owned my tank, was breaking it down and selling all of his stuff ... Why I left with an 11" clam ... I will never know. :D

NYAS has some pretty good stuff ... the clams in particular ... :D

-David

Hey Bro,

Yeah ... I was going to get rid of all of the furniture ... and fill this place with tanks :D LOL!!! :D :D :D I don't think the landloRd will be too happy, but that's ok! ;)

My clams ... let me see ... The smallest crocea, I picked up from Greenwich Aquaria, I gave a concert up there ... then stopped by right after ... lol ... the other Crocea came from an MR member ... He is bringing a number of them in ... it's like 3 1/2-4" ... The giant squamosa I picked up over the summer ... the guy that had originally owned my tank, was breaking it down and selling all of his stuff ... Why I left with an 11" clam ... I will never know. :D

NYAS has some pretty good stuff ... the clams in particular ... :D

-David

ur tank looks awesome!

how longs it been up?

mann its people lik u wit awesome tanks that hav been keepin me goin the last 2 days, had a power out, stressed fish, major ich outbreak and lost my CBB and pipefish

so i just finished setting up the 10G moved all the inverts i cud catch and doing a hypo on the display, hopefully i can get the ich out of the tank, maybe add another tang or maybe try a moorish idol

but seriously seeing your tank has kept me from giving up

well urs and cals 12 ft

kinda ironic, just realised, that i had a ich outbreak, considering that im riting a reasearch paper for school on crypt haha

brite side, i can get another large fish, and maybe my 10 will flourish into a proper reef

:P

ur tank looks awesome!

how longs it been up?

mann its people lik u wit awesome tanks that hav been keepin me goin the last 2 days, had a power out, stressed fish, major ich outbreak and lost my CBB and pipefish

so i just finished setting up the 10G moved all the inverts i cud catch and doing a hypo on the display, hopefully i can get the ich out of the tank, maybe add another tang or maybe try a moorish idol

but seriously seeing your tank has kept me from giving up

well urs and cals 12 ft

kinda ironic, just realised, that i had a ich outbreak, considering that im riting a reasearch paper for school on crypt haha

brite side, i can get another large fish, and maybe my 10 will flourish into a proper reef

:P

Thank you very very much.

The 90G has only been up for 2 1/2 months ... but I kept all my rock and most of the water from my two old systems ... which were running 8-9 months.

Oh man ... I am so sorry to hear about your losses :( Man ... don't give up ... believe me ... I know what you are going through ... I had 6 reef tanks at one point ... then the power outage here in 2003, wiped out so much of my stuff ... fish ... corals ... the works ... it's absolutely horrible!!! Don't give up ...

See always look at the positive!!! LOL ... more fish ... :D

Speaking of the Moorish Idol ... if you have the patience and dedication to keep it fed and make sure it has the proper environment to thrive in ... here is a nice article for you written by a friend of mine in Portugal.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/magazine

Just click the link where is says about keeping the Moorish Idol ... he is one of the very FEW I know that has been able to keep this fish.

-David

Thank you very very much.

The 90G has only been up for 2 1/2 months ... but I kept all my rock and most of the water from my two old systems ... which were running 8-9 months.

Oh man ... I am so sorry to hear about your losses :( Man ... don't give up ... believe me ... I know what you are going through ... I had 6 reef tanks at one point ... then the power outage here in 2003, wiped out so much of my stuff ... fish ... corals ... the works ... it's absolutely horrible!!! Don't give up ...

See always look at the positive!!! LOL ... more fish ... :D

Speaking of the Moorish Idol ... if you have the patience and dedication to keep it fed and make sure it has the proper environment to thrive in ... here is a nice article for you written by a friend of mine in Portugal.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/magazine

Just click the link where is says about keeping the Moorish Idol ... he is one of the very FEW I know that has been able to keep this fish.

-David

yea

bright side is more fish, and tbh, all dedicated reefers end up crashing one tank, i just gotta keep going

the fish look better already tho, and thats only at 5points down on salinity

i think the prob wit moorish idols is nutrients, not gettin them to feed, for me at least

ther not too expensive so ill splurge on formula 1 and 2 and vits and stuff, considerin i feed 4x a day he shud do okay

will update as soon as my tank is treated, probably when i get back from the school trip

mite start up the 10 g again too my bedroom looks way better with a tank in it :P

thanks for the article ill check it now

yea

bright side is more fish, and tbh, all dedicated reefers end up crashing one tank, i just gotta keep going

the fish look better already tho, and thats only at 5points down on salinity

i think the prob wit moorish idols is nutrients, not gettin them to feed, for me at least

ther not too expensive so ill splurge on formula 1 and 2 and vits and stuff, considerin i feed 4x a day he shud do okay

will update as soon as my tank is treated, probably when i get back from the school trip

mite start up the 10 g again too my bedroom looks way better with a tank in it :P

thanks for the article ill check it now

absolutely ... when I first started this hobby, I crashed a number of tanks ... lol ...

Well I am glad to hear your fish are doing better already!!! :D

The Moorish Idol ... that's what I meant ... nutrients indeed. ;)

Good luck with everything!!! :D

its how I got most of my coral, lol

Yeah MR is awesome for corals ... lots and lots of corals ... lol. :lol:

-David

Archived