Coral Vue Hydros

Evilc66's 40B

evilc66

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in action.

The new Mag12 has much less of a hum to it, but still seems to be making a fair bit of noise from the impeller housing. It's like a chatter from air or something in it. Did it when I was testing in the bathtub too, so it's not cavitating. Dunno. Maybe a call to Danner will help.

Anyway, new rock layout that I will get pictures of after dinner.

NanoReefNovice

PICS!!

Its might still be cavitating, it only takes a little bit or air to make a lot of noise. I have the same prob w/ my mag 3

PICS!!

Its might still be cavitating, it only takes a little bit or air to make a lot of noise. I have the same prob w/ my mag 3

The outlet (pressure side) is pointing directly up, so there is little chance for air to be trapped. It's been running for a few hours now, and all air would heve been forced out by now.

NanoReefNovice
Ya. It's external in a closed loop.

Could any type of small bubbles in the tank to the intake to the pump cause this sound?

NanoReefNovice
<_< , I wish i could help. I know my mag makes noise b/c i get bubbles in the intake but i just put it in a noise baffling place.

DSC_0687.jpg

(New FTS)

Tank is back up and running as of yesterday evening. That new RO/DI unit really made the difference. It would take me 8 hours to fill a 5g bucket with the old unit, and only 3 with the new one. I think I was down to 2.5 hours after a while. Seems to be breaking in. My water pressure is not super high (50psi), and water is still really cold, so that doesn't help. Still, it allowed me to get 30 gallons of water made pretty quick without having to buy it.

I'm liking the new rock layout a little more than the last one. I think I might add some small rocks up front to bring the scape closer to you.

Mag12 is still making noise, but it's not nearly as irritating as the Ocean Runner 6500.

No major updates. More algae starting to form. Added the start of a clean up crew today into the display.

Looking good so far, I really like the stand.

Terrible luck on the tanks.. I would be tip toeing around glass for a while.. fingerscrossed

Ugh, don't even start :P I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the garage here soon thats for sure.

The lighting in the pictures is one of my Pico LED lamps. Makes for a pretty killer effect huh?

Ugh, don't even start :P I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the garage here soon thats for sure.

The lighting in the pictures is one of my Pico LED lamps. Makes for a pretty killer effect huh?

Less time here... More time in garage!!! omgomgomg

I keed! -_-

Nice build you got going on!

Right up there with my 40 for sure. Love the intergrated frag system and your plans for the LED lighting.

Give me something to shoot for why don't ya? lol...

:lol: Self promotion at its best.

It's SDT's fault for bringing it up earlier in the thread... lol

Tank looks great!!!!

This one could rival TJ_Burtons is aethestics!

I didnt catch that you were lighting it with LED's!!!! Impressive!

I'm just trying to get TJ to come back lol! :P

;)

Archived