Pod Your Reef

Evilc66's 40B

evilc66

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSC_0589.jpg

Excuse the mess. My room is a disaster right now. I still have the power center and the wavemaker to mount, so the wires are a big mess while I was testing things last night. The tank will be set in it's final position and leveled tonight, and water, rock, and sand will go in tomorrow.

gulfsurfer101

Pha-king sweet build man, I like the three level thing you got going on. I'm currently in the procces of getting a 40br going up and I planned on making a similar set up to your idea only incorporating the frag tank into a sump/fuge made out of a thirty or 20L. Your tank looks tight though the way everything is set up.

Thanks. I just hope it doesn't cause headaches getting the flow set up right. Like I said before, getting a lot of air from the drain into the outlets in the frag tank.

Rock and sand are in! The display is full, and the closed loop is running for circulation, but I still need about 10 more gallons to completely fill the system. RO unit is working away as we speak.

Electrical was cleaned up yesterday, and the power center was mounted. What a great piece of equipment that turned out to be. Still can't figure out how and where to mount the Korallia controller. There aren't any mounting features, other than t-slots either side of the housing

Pictures coming once the dust settles. (I know, I know :P)

Ugh! Fine :P

DSC_0590.jpg

I did get some really nice pieces of rock today (41lbs). I still need some more to really finish it off, but I cleaned them out of the good stuff. They will be getting more of the same later this week, so I'll pick up another 5-10lbs this weekend. Still need a few small pieces for the fuge too.

Speaking of fuges...

DSC_0591.jpg

Wiring is all out of the way. You can see the Korallia controller off to the right looking kinda out of place. I'll figure something out for it.

Skimmer is super quiet. I'm really pleased about that.

use velcro on the top of the koralia controller to mount it to the bottom of the stand.

setup is looking pretty sweet. can't wait to see those LED's fully functional on there! let us know what total cost on that project is, there may be a similar build in my future B)

OH yes a budget would be very nice. I to feel something like this looming on the horizon that is my future (after college)

airman_verde04

Man!! way cool tank!! its funny to see this, because I had your tank pointed out my a in state reefer after I designed something quite similar!! good work.. cant wait to see it with living things in it.

Is your collection cup full of water?

Nope. Bubbles weren't even reaching the top yet at that point.

use velcro on the top of the koralia controller to mount it to the bottom of the stand.

setup is looking pretty sweet. can't wait to see those LED's fully functional on there! let us know what total cost on that project is, there may be a similar build in my future B)

Leave it to an engineer (me!) to over complicate things. Thanks for the simple suggestion :)

OH yes a budget would be very nice. I to feel something like this looming on the horizon that is my future (after college)

This is being built as a precursor to the fixtures I will be selling. I can tell you know that for you to build something like I'm planning, estimate around $600-$700. All of it depends on the materials you use.

Archived