SaltCritters.com

Evilc66's 40B

evilc66

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my new RO/DI unit last night. New Water General (from Filters Direct) 100GPD 6 stage system. Can't wait to get this bad boy hooked up. My old RO unit was just not able to keep up, but I can't complain as it was free.

You might have a problem with low-flow in the back of your rockwork because it is up against the glass. You may wish later that you had made it a bit more free-standing.

I have two nozzles on the closed loop that I can point down the back glass if it becomes a problem.

is the top of the hydor box metal? you could use a hard drive magnet to hold it up. a single magnet is good for about 6lbs or so.

Tagging along here Evil. Am really interested in your Sunpod surprise. Did you post up a thread on it yet, did not see one. Am in Chesterfield so looking forward to seeing the surprise and perhaps procuring one from you!!! ;)

I keep waiting for Jaws to come out from the dark corners in this pic. It looks incredible.

DSC_0595-1.jpg

That picture was pretty cool wasn't it :)

Sunpod addon isn't finished yet. I have been having issues with epoxy that should be cleared up tonight. Fingers crossed, details tomorrow or Saturday.

Tradgedy strikes!

Ended up getting a new Mag12 pump to replace the Ocean Runner 6500 on the closed loop. Had everything connected and started to zip tie the fittings. The zip tie broke as I was pulling it tight with pliers, snappeped, and bounced the pliers off the back of the 40. Got a nice little buckeye and a 4" crack that instantly started leaking. You can imagine the stream of profanity the followed. My LFS to the rescue again, had a 40B sitting on the floor, and gave me the "pity discount".

Just got finished drilling and painting the tank, and I am pooped.

I'm going acrylic next time :angry:

CaptainCarl
I know. I'm having no luck at all. Tank will be back in action tomorrow though.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck evilc66... seems like sometimes the only luck i have sometimes is bad luck. It is great your LFS came through for ya. Could only imagine the 4 letter words that would have been uttered from my mouth if that happened to me ..

Good luck.. hope everything turns out alright

Damn dude, your starting to sound like me when it comes to tanks and luck. At least your not letting it slow you down. I'll still never own an acrylic tank though, lol.

el_vulture619
Just get a glass welder to fix that crack! You can rent one for pretty cheap @ Lincoln welding supplies...

You can also rent a glass stretcher from your local glass shop!

Are you at GRAMS frag swap today!! YEAH!

The new tank is all dry (thank god for the warmer weather). Most of the rock went into the frag tank, but the big peices had to go into buckets. I just couldn't fit them through the opening into the frag tank :lol:

Sand is all out and in a bucket. Draining the remaining water now. Looks like there will be a few more trips to Lowes, as I'm sure the old plumbing won't fit right.

News at 11.

Archived