SaltCritters.com

Evilc66's 40B

evilc66

Nice, I'm liking that birdsnest. I would be willing to accept it for free with free shipping? How does that sound to you?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an awesome deal! ....Not! :lol:

I have a frag of neon green birdsnest growing quite nicely too.

Just need to put those freekin frags in my freekin display tank. Need more light before I can do that though.

pismo_reefer
Just need to put those freekin frags in my freekin display tank. Need more light before I can do that though.

what the french, toast?

My extreme halide is frying my tank lol I bought three new rics the other day and they were in the shade and over 8 hours were bleached :/

Do you think that SPS and Clams could handle this light??

I only ask because I would really like to buy a birdsnest from someone as a first sps attempt and I just thought yours looks nice.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2272150

Hmm, 1900 leds and no light for your tank :lol:

Go figure :rolleyes:

My extreme halide is frying my tank lol I bought three new rics the other day and they were in the shade and over 8 hours were bleached :/

Do you think that SPS and Clams could handle this light??

I only ask because I would really like to buy a birdsnest from someone as a first sps attempt and I just thought yours looks nice.

I had a feeling that might happen. A 175W MH over that smal of a tank is really only well suited for sps. You have high light from top to bottom of that tank. You could make it a little easier on the inhabitants if you raise the fixture a ways up.

WOW great looking setup evil..... i finally finished my 40 breeder tooo.... now to work on the led light

good luck with you sick setup

66". The top of the stand comes up to 50". It puts my eyes just slightly above the center of the display, which is exactly what I wanted.

well i decided to start my own thread after reading yours! Thanks for the inspiration and try to not to critique it to harshly. any new pics?

Glad I could be an inspiration for someone. I have had so much inspiration for so many great tanks here, it's nice that I could return the favor :)

No new pics just yet. My LFS is having a big sale this weekend and they have some really nice stuff in that may end up coming home. Don't think I'll be picking up one of the red rhizos they have in though. I already picked up a PPE Blasto Merletti yesterday that looks awesome.

New goodies

DSC_0050.jpg

Hammer in the display

DSC_0052-1.jpg

Orange and purple lobo

DSC_0053-1.jpg

The man, the myth, the legend,,,, Purple Hornet. Scored this a few weeks ago from a friend a few doors down. Almost has a new baby. Everyone asks what the big deal is about these. Once you see one, you'll know. They don't deserve the price they command though. Thats why I traded for them ;)

DSC_0054.jpg

Jokers

DSC_0055.jpg

PPE Blastos

DSC_0056.jpg

Purple and green acan lord. Got to be 12 heads on this thing, and I picked it up for $40! Go LFS sale!

DSC_0057.jpg

Some interesting blue and green palys.

DSC_0059.jpg

These little buggers are hot pink. The whole frag (20+ polyps) was only $10.

DSC_0061.jpg

Lunars

DSC_0063.jpg

Some new rics.

Needless to say, I made out like a bandit this weekend

Finding nice acans for a reasonable price has been hard. I couldn't let those slip away. The LFS had those as a full colony for $200 last week and decided to frag then into 4 to move them for the sale. I'd say $40 was pretty reasonable. I couldn't pass that blasto up either. Don't see too many that color.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Evil, Im in Michigan also and do you sell any frags? Id be interested if so, you have some amazing corals. Wow is all I can say.

If the seller of that acro wasn't down by Detroit I'd have the other one, what a great find.

The guy was moving, and only had one left after I picked mine up. I'm sure it's gone by now.

Mr. Evil, Im in Michigan also and do you sell any frags? Id be interested if so, you have some amazing corals. Wow is all I can say.

Thanks. I haven't been openly selling frags yet, but have been doing some trading with locals. You are going to be most likely to see me selling frag on Michigan Reefers. I'm not too hip on the shipping portion of things just yet, so I've been prefering to keep it local.

Archived