Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Evilc66's 40B

evilc66

Nice frags. Gotta love trades. Looking forward to a frag meet myself this weekend.

Everything is looking great by the way.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I haven't been openly selling frags yet, but have been doing some trading with locals. You are going to be most likely to see me selling frag on Michigan Reefers. I'm not too hip on the shipping portion of things just yet, so I've been prefering to keep it local.

If you ever head to Lansing let me know.

Maybe you will just have to come down and pick up your LEDs and drivers in person ;)

No free time dude, but you could deliver them. :lol: Speaking of those, was I in the first group or are ya making me wait t=for the next shipment?

I have been trying to find free time to get more out. The next batch just shipped from California anyway (early).

This setup is quite frankly fascinating.

That little 6w spotlight thingy... WANT. Not for a primary light source, but as a supplement for individual colonies, japanese style.

I am really excited at the possibility of lighting individual colonies without having an electric bill that induces adject fear.

How much does something like that cost to make, if you don't mind me asking?

I was selling those during the group buy a few weeks ago for $75 (12K, shown) and $85 (20K). The original intent was just lighting for smaller picos, but there are lots of potential applications. You can see the thread detailing the lamp in my sig. The place I get them from also has options for tighter optics to illuminate a smaller area.

I'm also working on a larger version with more LEDs and higher output. It will cost a fair bit more though, but it is dimmable (kind of) using a standard wall dimmer. Don't have PAR numbers on that one yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Tank is doing pretty well. Haven't really done anything to it with being busy from the group buy, house/insurance, and the recent car repairs I've had to do. It's not getting neglected though. I have had an algae issue that I had mentioned earlier that hasn't really been tackled by my turbos or the algae blenny that I bought. I started dosing Kent's Tech-M starting last Wednesday to raise my magnesium levels to get rid of this stuff. Mag levels weren't bad at 1250, but I'm north of 1400 now and the algae is dying down. I think now that the algae is starting to break down, the turbos are starting to mow it down because it's significantly less than it was last week.

I also swapped the props out on the K4s to K3 props. this has allowed me to have more variance between the high and low setting on the wavemaker. I like it better, and the livestock doesn't seem to mind. I could have even gone down to K2 props and be able to run the high end at full tilt, but this is fine.

I need to start fragging some stuff now. The new system has made my old frags that were stuffed into my BC14 explode with growth. Time to start carving up some of the larger frags into something more manageable. A horrible problem to have, I know :) Don't know if I feel brave enough to start shipping just yet, but locals might get some nice stuff.

wow, great stuff! i saw some of those frags there... i cant believe you beat me! :P

I need to start fragging some stuff now. The new system has made my old frags that were stuffed into my BC14 explode with growth. Time to start carving up some of the larger frags into something more manageable. A horrible problem to have, I know :) Don't know if I feel brave enough to start shipping just yet, but locals might get some nice stuff.

woo! I'm a local! :lol:

wow, great stuff! i saw some of those frags there... i cant believe you beat me! :P

Hee Hee me too and a sunpod LED buyer too! Maybe a small thank you for being a customer package!!!!

52517973.bugs1.jpg

VERY local :) Gonna see what Kees got in today after work. It's like a weekly ritual to go see the new stock.

Hee Hee me too and a sunpod LED buyer too! Maybe a small thank you for being a customer package!!!!

52517973.bugs1.jpg

You're coming to pick yours up in person anyways.

OOOO OOOOO ILL BE A GUINNEH PIG!

Oh yeah? We'll see ;) I owe SDT some Midas golds first.

Got some new goodies in this week. I'll get some picture up later tonight. This was my first time ordering online, and I must say, it was a pleasant experience. Mr. Coral did a fantastic job and the livestock looks very healthy. Very happy over all.

Also, replaing my BC14 soon. It has served me well for two years, but I need something bigger. I found a local deal on a used Oceanic 30g cube that I am picking up this weekend (possibly tomorrow). Very much looking forward to getting this set up. I'll have a new thread on this one.

Ok, new livestock.

CIMG1948.jpg

New chalice. Picture doesn't do it justice.

CIMG1949.jpg

Red and green rimmed blasto. This guy was expensive, but worth it.

CIMG1950.jpg

Rainbow acan.

CIMG1952.jpg

Purple haze and Superman monties. Superman has lost the blue in it's base (came that way shipped) so I'm hoping it will color back up.

I got a few more, but they are in bad spots for pictures.

Here is the new cube.

CIMG1947.jpg

Starting to get a plan together for this one and will have a seperate thread for it.

Paleoreef103
Here is the new cube.

CIMG1947.jpg

Starting to get a plan together for this one and will have a seperate thread for it.

With LEDs? ;) Also, do you think your sunpod LED actinics would work on an AquaMedic pendant? I really want some actinic supplementation and refuse to get power compacts for that.

Possible. Haven't had a chance to see an Aquamedic pendant up close so I don't know what I would have to modify to get it to work.

Don't think I'm going to put LEDs over this just yet. The 150W Sunpod will work just fine for now.

Gonna be a loooong time. They have been slow growers for me so far. I haven't been feeding them as often as I should though.

Archived