Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RyanB's 1 YR. Old MIXED RSM-Updated FTS PIC! P.15

hb2envy

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.....so I got a new Birdsnest Coral with Turquoise - blue-to-green polyps that I added on 3-12-09 and will post a pic of it as soon as it gets acclimated to my tank - pretty much I'm waiting for the polyps to extend out!

Anyhow - here's more pictures as of 3-11-09 - ENJOY!!!

Open Lid

1-OpenLid.jpg

Bottom Left Angle

2-BottomLeftAngle.jpg

RTS as of 3-11-09

3-RTS.jpg

LTS as of 3-11-09

4-LTS.jpg

Top Right Angle

5-TopRightAngle.jpg

Left View

6-LeftView.jpg

Center View

7-CenterView.jpg

Right View

8-RightView.jpg

Left Close Up

9-LeftCloseUp.jpg

Center Close Up

10-CenterCloseUp.jpg

Right Close Up

11-RightCloseUp.jpg

Right Back View

12-RightBackView.jpg

Left Back View

13-LeftBackView.jpg

Right Top View

14-RightTopView.jpg

Left Top View

15-LeftTopView.jpg

Left Side Close Up

16-LeftSideCloseUp.jpg

Bottom Left View

17-BottomLeftView.jpg

BTS as of 3-11-09

18-BottomFTS.jpg

Wow, that's an insane tank. So packed with life! One question.... A sand dollar? You have a sand dollar?

Thanks Paleoreef103, but yeah...it's stuck in the center cave which I believe is either dead or going to die soon since it doesn't have enough of a sand bed to move around for food anymore. It was one of those different inverts that I got during the beginning stages of my RSM!

Yeah I know....LOTS of corals in there FOR SURE...hehehehe, but yeah..I actually just purchased ANOTHER different kind of birdsnest and added it on 3-13-09. I believe it has a pink base with pink/purple/blue polyps and "NEON GREEN" TIPS - freaking HOT! I'll take pics of both of my new added birdsnest corals as soon as they acclimate to my tank and have great polyp extensions!

Are you fragging any zoanthid or softies soon?

Not at the moment, but I do have a lot of Zoo's and some mushrooms that I do want to get rid of so that I can make space - do you have space in your tank or would like some! PM for my number if so since so you don't live too far from me!

Thanks for the frag set man. A just place them in my tank, some of the have open 20percent already.

Good to hear to bro - thanks for helping me make some space man! I was actually up working on my tank til 2:40AM which my fingers are super wrinkly - hahaha. Anyhow...I hope I can find space now for my new SPS corals tonight!

NanoCube-boy

Hahaha Prunies fingers are a way to go during underwater. Hey, I'm actually really like the Zoanthids you had gave me last night. You are right, the Red, Orange center are awesome, The aqua blue center are open almost open fully. How ever, the softy frag doesn't seem happy yet, or maybe not. Any one more Zoanthid frag has open yet. I'm sure it will take 4 nights to be fully open. Thanks man. Honestly, if I have my quarantine tank upor extra rock rubble, I would have take all the zoathids.

So what did you do with therest of the zoanthids?

Hahaha Prunies fingers are a way to go during underwater. Hey, I'm actually really like the Zoanthids you had gave me last night. You are right, the Red, Orange center are awesome, The aqua blue center are open almost open fully. How ever, the softy frag doesn't seem happy yet, or maybe not. Any one more Zoanthid frag has open yet. I'm sure it will take 4 nights to be fully open. Thanks man. Honestly, if I have my quarantine tank upor extra rock rubble, I would have take all the zoathids.

So what did you do with therest of the zoanthids?

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with them - hope they all do fine in your tank since they're pretty hardy. As for the other Zoo's - the ones that looked like they were dead, I just had to garbage it! :(

NanoCube-boy
I'm glad to hear that you're happy with them - hope they all do fine in your tank since they're pretty hardy. As for the other Zoo's - the ones that looked like they were dead, I just had to garbage it! :(

One of the coral didn't made on me either. Its the clove corals. I really like cloves too, but yea. :(

One of the coral didn't made on me either. Its the clove corals. I really like cloves too, but yea. :(

Aww no stress bro....it happens. Well as soon as they start over crowding my tank, i'll frag some for you alright!

Okay...so since my RSM 1 Year Anniversary (3-30-09) is coming up, one of my routines for maintenance is to clean the back chambers every 3 months. Well it was about that time again. So on 3-19-09, I scrubbed all of the walls in the rear chambers and changed out a total of 11 ½ gallons of salt water. I did a Nitrate test and seen that it went from my normal 20ppm to 5.0ppm which was AWESOME!!! I also started to use Seachem salt water instead of ocean salt water due to my calcium levels dropping to 320ppm. I also just ran out of my B-Ionic Calcium and started to dose with Seachem Reef Advantage Calcium on 3-24-09. I will do my next 6 gallon water change on 3-26-09 and test my Calcium level hoping that it went back to its needed rate. I also gave away and got rid of a lot of unwanted Zoanthids and made more room on the bottom right LR for more or newer corals in the future.

Anyhow...here are the new added corals that I had mentioned on page 12:

3-12-09 Orange/Brown base with Turquoise Green Polyp Birdsnest

1.jpg

3-13-09 Peach/Yellow base with Purple Polyps and NEON NEON Green Tip Birds Nest (you can really see the NEON NEON Green tips under MH’s)

2.jpg

AND...here are other NEW corals that I have recently added as well:

3-15-09 Greenish Polyps with Yellow Tip Stylophora - it might even be the blue polyps with yellow tips?

3.jpg

4.jpg

3-15-09 Orange Base, with light Green Polyps, and Neon Green Tips (you can really see the neon tips under MH’s).

5.jpg

This is a picture that I found on http://neptuneaquatics.com/ who has the same Birds Nest Coral for sale which it looks EXACTLY the same.

6NeonGreenTipBirdsNest.jpg

And here is another picture of my same Birds Nest coral next to my different kind of Green Birds Nest with bright tips, but not Neon.

7.jpg

Also, on 3-19-09, I was able to put my fingers through the cave and get the remains of my Aussie Spider Sponge and put it together as a frag.

8.jpg

3-21-09 I got this coral from some guy on craigslist which he is not sure if it is an ATL Fire Polyp Montipora Undata or Emma's Jedi Mind Trick Montipora Undata 3rd Edition? You be the judge and PLEASE let me know???

Link to ATL Fire Polyp Montipora Undata

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/sps295.html

Link to Emma's Jedi Mind Trick Montipora Undata 3rd Edition

http://www.coralfarmersmarket.com/cfmaucti...item.php?id=451

Less Light

9LessLight.jpg

Medium Light

10MediumLight.jpg

More Light

11MoreLight.jpg

What do you all think about my new different corals as well as this unknown Montipora Undata? To me, it looks like the ATL Fire Polyp Montipora Undata, but seeing the green shades and bluish rims makes me think that it might be Emma's Jedi Mind Trick Montipora Undata "3rd Edition". Please give me some feed back!

NanoCube-boy

Yea, I got an respond... Man I love your montis... and the rest of the sps because they are so colorful. When is the next time you are going to neptune, ATL, or other fish shop man? We should go together and break our bank account. hahaha

Congratulation on your 1 year RSM.

Yea, I got an respond... Man I love your montis... and the rest of the sps because they are so colorful. When is the next time you are going to neptune, ATL, or other fish shop man? We should go together and break our bank account. hahaha

Congratulation on your 1 year RSM.

Thanks for the kind response. But yeah, me and my friend actually went to Sacramento on 3-27-09 and didn't really see anything too interesting. But I did pick up a Purple Frilly Mushroom frag. We might actually go to the south bay for all of those fish stores possibly next Friday, 4-3-09. And my 1 year RSM will be on 3-30-09 which is 2 more days....awww dayamn! I'll post pics FOR SURE!

• Christopher Marks changed the title to RyanB's 1 YR. Old MIXED RSM-Updated FTS PIC! P.15

Archived