Top Shelf Aquatics

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got done hooking up all the lights and fans. I "aquascaped" the tank this morning. I couldn't get it exactly how it was before :( , but I got alot of it back where it was. My wife says she actually likes the new rock work better.

All my fish, and corals seem to be okay so far, and I'm very tempted to go get myself a mandarin since the ba$tard pseudochromis is gone. the only corals that look pretty stressed are my Tyree Ponape BN, and my Fiji yellow leather (which will likely be traded in to the LFS anyway). there was a bit of accidental fragging, but nothing major. In fact the one rcok that has my largest colonies on it made it through unscathed.

McCoskers fairy wrasse coming soon.......

Oh yeah, the new rock work leaves alot of space for a few more SPS, and some acans.

I couldn't get it exactly how it was before :( , but I got alot of it back where it was. My wife says she actually likes the new rock work better.

You never can. It was one of my biggest fears when I moved my tank. But you know what? I like it much better now!!! Listen to your wife she knows best! :P

I am glad the move went well, stressful no doubt, we had the rain factor thrown in too which was horrible considering the fact you have no idea whats in rain water, but we had to make the trip in the back of a z71. Trash bags FTW!

You will maybe get a little no3 spike, like 5-10ppm, but it wont hurt anyting, your tanks mature!

Congrats on the new Mandarin!

Good to hear you got is scaped already, can't wait to see how it came out after all. Dude, I'm freaking pooped after work but managed to run a small WC today and those frags I got all have awsome polyp extension going on. I am digging that sunset though the most. I think I will spoil them with DT's oyster eggs this payday. Thanks a million for hooking me up with everything man and if you ever need anything again do not hessitate to give me a call.

Good to hear you got is scaped already, can't wait to see how it came out after all. Dude, I'm freaking pooped after work but managed to run a small WC today and those frags I got all have awsome polyp extension going on. I am digging that sunset though the most. I think I will spoil them with DT's oyster eggs this payday. Thanks a million for hooking me up with everything man and if you ever need anything again do not hessitate to give me a call.

I'm not done yet, once I'm 100% confident that everything is going to be alright, I will have a bunch more frags for you. My ponape Bn doesn't look too hot tonight, but I'm pretty sure it will pull through. The yellow porites isn't looking too great right now either, but hopefully it will make it as well.

Likewise, if you need anything let me know.

Hope all that comes through for you. You should have a pretty good size maricultured superman montipora soon too since I just fragged it out today. The frags I got from you are doing awsome and have aclimated themselves very well.

Hope all that comes through for you. You should have a pretty good size maricultured superman montipora soon too since I just fragged it out today. The frags I got from you are doing awsome and have aclimated themselves very well.

sweet man!!! Give me a call when you're free, Id love to get that frag from you. My porites is looking good today, but the other two corals that weren't looking good still aren't. They don't look any worse, but the don't look any better either. On top of that quite a few of my corals have faded a little. Nothing major, but I can definitely tell the difference. I'm not exactly sure why this happened, but I haven't had to use the mag float on my glass once since the move.

I did test for nitrates, Alk, Ca, and salinity last night and all were perfect. Ph has also been holding stable since the move. I'm hoping that within a couple of weeks my corals will have fully recovered from the move.

I do have a bit of possibly bad news to report, I haven't seen my new mandarin yet today. I'm not too concerned about it yet, but if I don't see him later today or tomorrow that will be different. i hope the little guy is still alive in there!!

On a more positive note, I thought I had lost one of my chromis, but all were accounted for today. I guess the missing fish was just taking a nap?

PICS WHEN YOU CAN!!

I'd love to!!! However, I can't find the USB cord to hook my camera up to the PC.

So as of taoday my yellow porites seems to have already made a full recovery. Unfortunately my two kind of expensive BN colonies aren't looking any better yet. The Tyree Ponape is about 80% bleached (still has PE though), and my Tubbs purple polyp BN has stopped losing tissue (also has PE), but doesn't appear to be regaining any just yet either. I know it's still a little early to tell, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that both make a full recovery. These are 2 of my favorite corals, I'll be bummed if they don't make it.

In other news, I also found my new mandarin dead this morning. I'm not sure what happened, but he obviously never adjusted to my tank very well. I'm determined to have one of these fish so I plan to wait a couple of weeks and try again with another one.

Sorry to hear about your dragonet, somehow all my fish are still alive.

Got my box 'o dead frags today from UPSuck, over a week late and leaking cause it looked like they played soccer with it. :angry: Sorry man.

Too much bad news going on in this thread right now. I have time on Sunday to swing by and drop that superman off so maybe that will cheer you up a bit. Those little mandarian's can be hard to keep but I somehow seemed to do it in my puffer tank along with a scooter blenny when I was still pretty green in SW fish only tanks. Maybe the one you got was just not healthy enough. Let me know if your busy this weekend or not. I'm also crossing my fingers for Saterday but wouldn't mind the OT to head to B&B up in San Antone next weekend and try to pick up a huge chunk of Pokerstar that I should be able to frag from if I get it.

Well I found the USB cable for my camera, but I still don't know where the battery charger for the camera is. Here's a couple pics from right after the move. Sorry, the pics of the display are complete crap.

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

I'll get some better pics up as soon as I find the charger.

looks very good, glad the move went ok, i see you got that tv hooked up pretty fast :)

i like the placement in the room, and its not on wood so its okay if you spill some water, that what i hate about wood and my tanks

NICE DUDE!

I can't WAIT to have nice big colonies like you've got!

Ben

It shouldn't be too much longer. You're only about 6 months behind me, right?

looks very good, glad the move went ok, i see you got that tv hooked up pretty fast :)

i like the placement in the room, and its not on wood so its okay if you spill some water, that what i hate about wood and my tanks

Yeah I had to hook up an antenna to the TV. We won't have calbe until the 24th.

I really like the placement too. You see the tank as soon as you walk in the room, and from anywhere you sit. I don't know about spilling water, the carpet is new and my wife would kill me.

Avon Barksdale

Nice tank....Im glad i found the short version of your thread after I was on page 26 of your extended version...lol

I think you just made my decision for me to upgrade to 40 breeder...from the 24 gallon aquapod..will see though..If you dont mind I will be asking alot of questions..on what you would do different from the plumbing and if you like the Vortech better than the 2 tunze and the 2 K-1s..

Nice tank....Im glad i found the short version of your thread after I was on page 26 of your extended version...lol

I think you just made my decision for me to upgrade to 40 breeder...from the 24 gallon aquapod..will see though..If you dont mind I will be asking alot of questions..on what you would do different from the plumbing and if you like the Vortech better than the 2 tunze and the 2 K-1s..

I definitely like the vortech better than all of the other pumps I had in the tank. I'll help you out however I can, my plumbing is completely different now than when I first set the tank up. It basically consist of just the drain, and the return split through the spray bars, no more CL. I'll get some pics up of the plumbing as soon as I find the charger for my camera.

Nice dude. I think we have the same TV, lol.

I love the tv, but I really don't watch it much.

wow glenn you tank looks great i miss my 40 breeder

thanks, set yours back up!!

How many Chromis do you have left? How has that experiment worked out?

13 is now 6, and has been for a while now. Not a complete success, but not a complete failure either.

Archived