Coral Vue Hydros

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you and your making me want to get some SPS... but I think a 5g tank may not be appropriate for keeping them. Stupid apartment complex :angry:

hes just busy taking care of this tank. am i right? LOL

Not today, I've been out FINALLY getting some decent waves. Surfing in the summer here sucks. Today was the first day in almost three months that I rode a board under 9' long. It was solid 10'+ faces and fairly clean....not that you guys care much. Tomorrow morning should be a little better. This is the only positive thing to come from these storms.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!!! I hope the move goes smooth and that I can get all the rocks back into the right places (not counting on that part though). I bought 6x's 18g rubbermaid containers for the move this morning. I may get the sump baffles installed tonight. I'm thinking about adding a bubble tower in the skimmer chamber just for added peace of mind. I don't want to go through the microbubble issues that nanoty is having!!!

Hi glennr1978, That's a very nice FTS! And also nice sps you have. Especially love the downup shot with a bit of reflection at the top.

glennr1978, just my suggestion. You can try to play with T5ho procolor too. It helps to brings out the color of sps even more! Me too likes to plays with my T5 to bring out the color of my corals :happy:

A link to share. http://www.atiaquaristik.com/index.php?id=146,0,0,1,0,0

Hi glennr1978, That's a very nice FTS! And also nice sps you have. Especially love the downup shot with a bit of reflection at the top.

glennr1978, just my suggestion. You can try to play with T5ho procolor too. It helps to brings out the color of sps even more! Me too likes to plays with my T5 to bring out the color of my corals :happy:

A link to share. http://www.atiaquaristik.com/index.php?id=146,0,0,1,0,0

awesome, thanks for the link!! I

Gorgeous tank! I even love the 24g that led to this one.

DSC00297.jpg

Where did you get those yellow skirt/green/blue discs? If you got them from an LFS, would be willing to frag some of these?

Gorgeous tank! I even love the 24g that led to this one.

Where did you get those yellow skirt/green/blue discs? If you got them from an LFS, would be willing to frag some of these?

i've had those for quite a while now. I did get them at my LFS actually. I may frag them a little later on after the big tank move. I'll keep you posted.

So the wife gets a new house and I get......a new sump :( . How is that fair? Oh yeah, I get a vortech too!! Anyway, I got the sump just about finished. I still need to add one more baffle next to the other three so the water flows up through the fuge for more contact time with the ball of chaeto I'm throwing in there. I also ran out of silicone so I will have to pick up some more tomorrow.

The new sump is a 20H. I added a bubble tower and a spot for filter floss because I'm tired of loose pieces of chaeto clogging up my spraybars. Which reminds me, I need to replace those too when I break the tank down for the move.

On with the pics.

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

This design should work out much better than my current sump set up. It will provide valuable storage room in my stand as well!!

Archived