Coral Vue Hydros

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

Do you know the name of the yellow ones?I think i just got some of them and was wondering if have a name.The ring in center looks almost a weird gold color right?They are so bright in my tank.

I think they are "eyes of Rah" zoas. Neat though.

I'm sorry your tank is coming down. I liked it.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they are "eyes of Rah" zoas. Neat though.

I'm sorry your tank is coming down. I liked it.

I'm sorry it's coming down myself, but my next "serious" tank will be much bigger and better.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the tank is finally gone. After almost two and a half years of doing it wrong I would have to say that all in all, the tank was quite successful. For the last month or so I had quit dosing basically everything except for the absolute necessities to keep the tank alive. I also cut down on feeding quite a bit too. From this I noticed that the tang became MUCH more aggressive towards all of the other fish. So IME, it seems that you in fact can keep a yellow tang in a 40 breeder without any problems for a long period of time. You just have to keep it well fed or it will kill off other fish. I lost 3 of my remaining 6 green chromis this last month. I'm almost positive that the tang took them out.

I'm kinda sad to see the tank go, but am relieved to not be owned by it any longer.

FYI, the tang now resides in a 75g, along with all of the other livestock except for my pair of clownfish. They're in my 20g. I'm going to try reeeeaaaaalllllly hard to keep that tank very simple. We'll see how that goes.....

Saw my NG! Glad they look plump for ya, how's the growth?

The NG's are doing great. I don't remember exactly how many polyps I got from you, but at last count there were 14.

Archived