Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

I can provide a new home for the CUC......

it's all or nothing my friend. with the exception of the things we discussed earlier.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Pm me a price for what you were thinking on everything. I doubt I'd be able to match a price that is fair for all the stuff you have collected over time but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

• 1 month later...
Nick's Reef

It looks great, so sad to see it go, your tank was an inspiration for my 40brd, I hope your 0 turns out just as nice.

It looks great, so sad to see it go, your tank was an inspiration for my 40brd, I hope your 0 turns out just as nice.

Thanks. Getting rid of it is going to kinda suck, but it will also be a relief. I'm going to keep the new tank much simpler than this one.

gulfsurfer101

Kinda hurts to watch it go my friend. I see the one acro colony you got from me kinda left of center grew out nicely in there. I'd chalk this expeirence down as a success. Maybe you could give me a few pointers on setting and wetting up my 40br at the end of this month. You know like things to take into consideration upon start up and things I will want to plan for in the future, maybe some help getting it started.

Kinda hurts to watch it go my friend. I see the one acro colony you got from me kinda left of center grew out nicely in there. I'd chalk this expeirence down as a success. Maybe you could give me a few pointers on setting and wetting up my 40br at the end of this month. You know like things to take into consideration upon start up and things I will want to plan for in the future, maybe some help getting it started.

I can do that. Let me know whenever you're ready.

Why you taking it down glenn?

Because I've just got alot on my plate currently and need a break. That, and I plan to focus my attention on providing a better future for my family (basically I'm gonna be working my arse off for the next year or so).

I did set up a new tank just to keep my clownfish in, but I'm thinking about asking the guys at Gulf Coast Reef if they would like to have them for their breeding program. They already show mating signs, but there's just too much going on in my tank for them to get "comfortable" enough, lol. If I decide to go that route then I will more than likely go tankless for a while.

I see man thats good you are setting up your family for a better life. I am doing the same thing and thats why I broke down the 5.5

Best of luck to you man and hopefully in a year or so you can start a nice tank again.

I see man thats good you are setting up your family for a better life. I am doing the same thing and thats why I broke down the 5.5

Best of luck to you man and hopefully in a year or so you can start a nice tank again.

Thanks Gerber, best of luck to you as well.

Here's a little taste of what Gulf Coast Reef has to offer. Pic was taken with my phone.

photo9.jpg

Those are witout a doubt the nicest fire & ice I've ever seen. This rock will be going in my 20g if decide to go ahead and keep a tank.

It's a SHAME to see it get taken down Glenn-- it's an absolutely awesome 40!, but family IS first :D

Thanks! Getting rid of this tank will be bitter sweet but I plan to come back with something much better in a couple of years.

Thanks! Getting rid of this tank will be bitter sweet but I plan to come back with something much better in a couple of years.

Good to hear :) Babies keep your hands pretty full and a reef tank is kind of like a baby sometimes. My three month old and 4.5 year old keep me plenty busy, sometimes the tanks go longer than they should without water changes cause i'm too wore out hehe.

Thanks Gerber, best of luck to you as well.

Here's a little taste of what Gulf Coast Reef has to offer. Pic was taken with my phone.

photo9.jpg

Those are witout a doubt the nicest fire & ice I've ever seen. This rock will be going in my 20g if decide to go ahead and keep a tank.

Whats the point of going with a 20g when you have your 40? Just dumb down the 40 and get rid of your high maintenance corals and bam easy mode with your 40.

Whats the point of going with a 20g when you have your 40? Just dumb down the 40 and get rid of your high maintenance corals and bam easy mode with your 40.

Because I wanted to basically dumb it down to what is essentially a plug n' play system (easy to maintain, easy to move, etc.). Also, the tank will have to be in my bedroom so it needs to be extremely quiet. I wouldn't be able to handle the sound of my skimmer, much less the overflow on the 40g.

Because I wanted to basically dumb it down to what is essentially a plug n' play system (easy to maintain, easy to move, etc.). Also, the tank will have to be in my bedroom so it needs to be extremely quiet. I wouldn't be able to handle the sound of my skimmer, much less the overflow on the 40g.

This is possible with your 40. Remove the skimmer, sell high maintenance corals, plug your overflow, remove sump, etc. It can be done and wont cost you a dime. Or you could sell the whole lot and get a all in one type setup. Id recommend the AP 24 or a solona.

This is possible with your 40. Remove the skimmer, sell high maintenance corals, plug your overflow, remove sump, etc. It can be done and wont cost you a dime. Or you could sell the whole lot and get a all in one type setup. Id recommend the AP 24 or a solona.

I've got an AP24 sitting in the garage. I could've set that tank up again, but I like the dimesions on the 20L better.

I'm sure I could've simplified the 40g, but it just seems kind of counter-productive to do so at this point. I paid alot of $$ to have the tank drilled, and have the overflow put in. I don't see any point in pugging it all up and ripping out the overflow (which would be necessary if I wanted to uuse this tank again).

Like I said previously, I want a very, very simple system and for me it was easier to just up a new tank (I already had the tank, and the majority of the equipment for it). Hell, the main reason I'm keeping a tank at all is because I want to keep my pair of clownfish. the 20g should be plenty big enough for that!!

Here's a link to my 20g build if you're curious.

• 4 weeks later...

photo9.jpg

Do you know the name of the yellow ones?I think i just got some of them and was wondering if have a name.The ring in center looks almost a weird gold color right?They are so bright in my tank.

I think should do a simple breeder.My sumpless skimmer lesss breeder is so damn easy.I spent maybe 15 min a week on maint cleaning glass and doing water change.Its also quiet as can be.

Do you know the name of the yellow ones?I think i just got some of them and was wondering if have a name.The ring in center looks almost a weird gold color right?They are so bright in my tank.

I think should do a simple breeder.My sumpless skimmer lesss breeder is so damn easy.I spent maybe 15 min a week on maint cleaning glass and doing water change.Its also quiet as can be.

nope, i have no idea what those zoas are called. they are pretty sweet, though.

i think that if your tank is doing well how it is, then you shouldn't change it. simpler is better.

Aw man I hate to see this one go, but I am sure your 20L will rock our socks off!

I'm hoping it turns out well, so far it is. I'm not sure just how great it will be since I don't plan to put a whole lot of effort into it.

Archived