Top Shelf Aquatics

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

got this in the mail today :) .

DSC01784.jpg

I couldn't decide if it was going in the 40g, or the frag tank, but I'm thinking 40g. I'm not even going to post what I paid for it, I got a GREAT deal ;) .

i am building a eurobraced tank and its going in a cubby 37 in wide and i just got a vortech and it says it needs 3 inches of clearence , do i need to build the tank smaller than 36 long or can i put the vortech on the back with it working properly. its going to be a sps tank?

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
glennr1978
i am building a eurobraced tank and its going in a cubby 37 in wide and i just got a vortech and it says it needs 3 inches of clearence , do i need to build the tank smaller than 36 long or can i put the vortech on the back with it working properly. its going to be a sps tank?

yeah you would need to build it a little shorter. you could put the vortech on the back of the tank, but i'm not sure that would be very effective, especailly in a SPS tank. unless the tank were more of a cube shape that is....

Just out of curiousity, what brand AA's are you using? I used Warner Marine before switching over to Elos. The WM was good, but I burned through the bottle really fast.

Thanks glenn! I use seachem's reef plus, vitamins and AA. The bottle lasts me a good amount because I only use it to enrich the phytoplankton right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Glenn any updates?????? How's the fish load working???? How is that tang in the 40 breeder??? I wanna add a purple tang to my 33 long but everyone shoots me down

Glenn any updates?????? How's the fish load working???? How is that tang in the 40 breeder??? I wanna add a purple tang to my 33 long but everyone shoots me down

the tank is actually doing very well. all the fish are fine (tang included), and the corals are growing like crazy. unfortunately i've pretty much lost all interest in reefing, i just have alot on my plate these days.

that being stated, i'll be tearing down my tank in the very near future. i'm going to keep all of my equipment, but get rid of the tank, stand, canopy, and all of the livestock. i plan on taking a break from reefing for about a year or so (by that time i'm confident that my 2 year old will be pretty self reliant, and my 4 month old will at least be able to feed herself, lol), but when i get back into it i will most likely go with a 125g, or some sort of cube tank.

what are the dimensions of your 33g? it probably could be done if you got a VERY small tang.

the tank is actually doing very well. all the fish are fine (tang included), and the corals are growing like crazy. unfortunately i've pretty much lost all interest in reefing, i just have alot on my plate these days.

that being stated, i'll be tearing down my tank in the very near future. i'm going to keep all of my equipment, but get rid of the tank, stand, canopy, and all of the livestock. i plan on taking a break from reefing for about a year or so (by that time i'm confident that my 2 year old will be pretty self reliant, and my 4 month old will at least be able to feed herself, lol), but when i get back into it i will most likely go with a 125g, or some sort of cube tank.

what are the dimensions of your 33g? it probably could be done if you got a VERY small tang.

Awwww ... man ... breaking down the tank?! This was the first tank I came across on NR that got my back into reefing after a 2 year hiatus ... Good luck with everything Glenn!!! That's the spirit ... come back with something bigger and better!!! :D

Awwww ... man ... breaking down the tank?! This was the first tank I came across on NR that got my back into reefing after a 2 year hiatus ... Good luck with everything Glenn!!! That's the spirit ... come back with something bigger and better!!! :D

that's the plan!!

MORE PIX

not likely. i don't even like to feed my fish, much less take pics.

My 33 is 48x13x12.......... It sucks ur tearing this tank down. It has been a inspiration for me. You see I love having fish in a reef tank, and u have alot LOL right now in my life I am only able to have a nano tank. Wish you luck in ur life hope to see u set up a new tank soon

My 33 is 48x13x12.......... It sucks ur tearing this tank down. It has been a inspiration for me. You see I love having fish in a reef tank, and u have alot LOL right now in my life I am only able to have a nano tank. Wish you luck in ur life hope to see u set up a new tank soon

thanks, i will probably set up some sort of tank, i'm just tired of the tank i have now.

in other news, i spent the last couple of hours doing alot of "cleaning up" in the tank. i threw out about 20 frags that were either almost dead, or just not doing very well. i only have one small frag rack in the back of the tank now (had 3). i'll try to get some final pics up this next week before the tank comes down.

gulfsurfer101

Don't tear it down but if you are really serious let me know when you plan on it. I have some cash put aside and would be interested in taking some things off your hands. I'll be transferring my AP24 into my now ready 40br soon so I'll need to fill out lots of empty spaces. Can't wait to see what you come back with in the future though because this tank was the inspiration to go bigger. GL on whatever it is you decide to do and if you need help with anythign just let me know.

I'd be really interested in the canopy....

take the tank, and the stand too and I'm sure we can work something out :lol: .

That blows.Your setup is what made me want a breeder.I hope to see another tank of yours in the future.

I've already got something in mind, won't be for a little while though.

Glenn, I might take a few of the ORA acros off your hands if/when you tear down so LMK.

I intend to sell off all of my livestock at once. If that doesn't happen I will let you know when I start to part it all out.

Don't tear it down but if you are really serious let me know when you plan on it. I have some cash put aside and would be interested in taking some things off your hands. I'll be transferring my AP24 into my now ready 40br soon so I'll need to fill out lots of empty spaces. Can't wait to see what you come back with in the future though because this tank was the inspiration to go bigger. GL on whatever it is you decide to do and if you need help with anythign just let me know.

I am definitely serious, I've thought about it for a while now and have decided that I not only need a break, but want to go in a different direction as well.

I figured I would probably sell all of my livestock to Eric at AM's because I really want to ditch it all at once. That being stated I fully understand that I will likely have to take a HUGE loss to do so. I've got a pretty firm number in mind for what I want for it all (livestock that is), PM me if you're interested. Again, I want to ditch ALL of it at once, fish, CUC, LR, corals, sand, everything.....

I'll give you $7 but you have to bring it to me.........

multiply that by 100, and pick it up yourself and you've got yourself a deal. lmk, lol.

multiply that by 100, and pick it up yourself and you've got yourself a deal. lmk, lol.

If I can divide by pi and then multiply by .2232 and we can meet half way I'm in.

Again, I want to ditch ALL of it at once, fish, CUC, LR, corals, sand, everything.....

I can provide a new home for the CUC......

Archived