Pod Your Reef

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

It's gonna happen. The ruler of the house said it's okay. I don't get it, I can't put a tank on the bar that will only cost me about $30 more to set up. I can however, set up a big as prop system in the garage that will likely cost $4000 easily. Wtf?? I guess she really does want that bar space to stay open.

P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T

For real!!!

Anyway, my only tank update is that I'm changing the sump to a 20L and redoing all of the plumbing....again. This time with a true union clear check valve and flex PVC that I just ordered from marinedepot. I need the tank to be able to sit as close to a wall as possible so the changes have to be made.

yet again u raise our curiosity.. pic updates?

The only thing I have right now is a 20H sitting in my garage, the rest is on order. Not really pic worthy at this point.

happy coral.

DSC00453.jpg

I took this one at about 2 am. I was bored.

take a look at the base of the coral, there's something else growing down right below it. I can't tell what it is during the day because my light is blasting the hell out of it. It's definitely SPS, but I don't think it's the same as the colony above it. Any ideas?

We dont change our minds that much! :D

Good luck on the tank move Glenn!...You will be just fine, it really inst a big deal other than the labor involved. Drive slow with the hazzards on.

Thanks, the thing I'm most concerned with at this point is getting the aquascape the same as it is now. We're moving at a good time of year for moving the tank. It's typically about 78 degrees here in the evenings / night time. I'm hoping to move the tank after dark so nothing gets fried in the mid day south Tx heat.

Thanks man, I really need to get started on the new sump.

Good luck squeezing that CSS125 in there and having a decent fuge. That's why mine is so small.

Good luck squeezing that CSS125 in there and having a decent fuge. That's why mine is so small.

It should be alright, I'm just going to make the return section small.

It should be alright, I'm just going to make the return section small.

I was going to do the same but was worried that my ATO pump would be on and off 3,000 times a day dealing with evap. I gave up some fuge room for return room.

I will probably put some eggcrate in the return area and make it an extra fuge if I need to keep more chaeto to keep it out of the return pump.

Question: Do your temp/pH probes just dangle in your fuge? I am hunting an extra heater suction cup to ziptie them to so they are held in place better.

I was going to do the same but was worried that my ATO pump would be on and off 3,000 times a day dealing with evap. I gave up some fuge room for return room.

I will probably put some eggcrate in the return area and make it an extra fuge if I need to keep more chaeto to keep it out of the return pump.

Question: Do your temp/pH probes just dangle in your fuge? I am hunting an extra heater suction cup to ziptie them to so they are held in place better.

clothes pins ;) (the kind for hanging laundry)

Archived