Top Shelf Aquatics

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

Hey the sump looks pimp. Did you score and snap the acrylic or cut it?

Snapped it all except where the one baffle rises an inch for the bubble tower. I cut that part with a fine tooth handsaw. i'm getting pretty good at the score and snap thing. Luckily I didn't screw up once!!

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking sump Glenn. One question. How much space to you have between the bubble trap baffles? I had to redo mine the first time because they were too close together. Melev says they should be at least 1" apart. That's where mine are now.

Great looking sump Glenn. One question. How much space to you have between the bubble trap baffles? I had to redo mine the first time because they were too close together. Melev says they should be at least 1" apart. That's where mine are now.

Only 1/2", but I'm only running about 300gph through there, maybe less. Why did you have to respace yours?

yummy.

DSC00686.jpg

about 4 days worth...and CSS's suck lol.

###### I didnt know you could just take that cup off... god damnit I siphon it.

bwahahahahaha.....sorry man, that's great....haha

i can just see you siphoning that junk out of the skimmer

insert annoying buzz sound here..... wrong answer sir, you can do the same thing on the 65.

Ah, according to the product statement for online stores it doesn't but I suppose I am wrong since you have one also, lol.

Ah, according to the product statement for online stores it doesn't but I suppose I am wrong since you have one also, lol.

I don't ever read that crap, or directions either. I don't understand though, why wouldn't you be able to just unscrew the collection cup to clean it out?

That's how I always did it when i was using 65's.

yeah I was gonna say.. stick a tube in a drilled holoe on the bottom of your cup and stick it in a 5 gallon bucket, Oh wow, now you have a 5 gallon collection cup.

That's genius!!! I wonder why no one has ever though of that before.....oh wait...

where's my $6?

CSS's suck, never buy one.

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

It smelled amazing. I almost left it on the counter for my wife to enjoy in the morning. I prefer breathing however :) .

I'd do it for money or frags. Im more than a post whore, im actually a real live prostitute.

moneys green, doesn't matter where it comes from.

quit whoring yourself in "the short version". The extended version is fair game, whores are allowed.

Mischeif Nite
Octopus (or medusa thingy....whatever) head girl would brush her teeth with that, not me!

Only 2 times a day........but hey nice sump.....I just built a 10 gallon one I WAS proud of

Archived