Pod Your Reef

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

You got time this weekend for that frag. It's sitting in my tank just waiting till then. I also tossed in that psuedo chromis you couldn't stand in my little 12g today. Looks like he was coming out to explore after the lights went out. What do you do to keep your coral healthy after fragging them. Those superman frags are not doing so hot after just slamming the %$#@ out of them with a chisel and hammer since my dremel is crapping out on me.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I have more bad news....

I noticed today that my tang has a pretty mean case of ich. I added a cleaner shrimp a few days ago with the mandarin, but he doesn't seem to interested in cleaning the tang. so far the tang is still eating, and I've started to soak the food in garlic (not sure if this really even helps much, or is just a myth). Hopefully he will pull through, I guess the move was harder on him than I originally thought it was.

This really sucks, the last time I had an ich outbreak in a tank (over 2 years ago), I lost all of my fish. I've kinda grown attached to my 2 clowns that I've ahd since I had my AP24 set up. I hope they make it!!!

In better news....

ALL of my corals are looking better everyday, even the ones I thought were toast. In fact my Tubbs blues are starting to open up again. They were buried under the sand for probably 3 months or more before the move. I almost tore the tank apart to try to find the frag plug they were on a while back, but decided that losing one frag (even Tubbs) wasn't worth disrupting the whole system. I'm confident that they will make a full recovery, zoos are tough little SOBs.

You got time this weekend for that frag. It's sitting in my tank just waiting till then. I also tossed in that psuedo chromis you couldn't stand in my little 12g today. Looks like he was coming out to explore after the lights went out. What do you do to keep your coral healthy after fragging them. Those superman frags are not doing so hot after just slamming the %$#@ out of them with a chisel and hammer since my dremel is crapping out on me.

Yeah, things should be pretty much back to normal for me this weekend so I should be able to meet up with you basically anytime.

I really don't do anything after fragging corals. If anything I may give them a quick iodine bath. If you want, I'll hold the frags / colony for you if they are getting really bad. My system is pretty damn stable, even after the move.

Sucks about your tang, can your quaratine your clowns until it's over?

I may be able to QT all of them. I still have the 20L that my wife won't let me set up, plenty of LR (still sitting in a tub at my old house), and all the necessary hardware to set up the tank. I may have to get this thing going ASAP and save my fishies.

I will bring them both by if they continue to look bad. It may be the new light I got them under or just don't like being smashed to crap. I'll give you a ring to see if your gonna be home and I'll bring the little one to meet yours while I'm there.

I will bring them both by if they continue to look bad. It may be the new light I got them under or just don't like being smashed to crap. I'll give you a ring to see if your gonna be home and I'll bring the little one to meet yours while I'm there.

Sounds good!!

How are the fish doing. That pseudo I got from you seems to be pretty happy about being the only fish in his new home. He's still warming up to us though and only peeks out the rock for a short while then hides when anybody gets to close to the tank to see him.

How are the fish doing. That pseudo I got from you seems to be pretty happy about being the only fish in his new home. He's still warming up to us though and only peeks out the rock for a short while then hides when anybody gets to close to the tank to see him.

The tang looked quite a bit better today, and all of the other fish are still good. I fed the hell out of them today and the tang is still eating very well (a good sign). I think he may pull through, but I've never seen ich this bad on a fish and the fish still lived.

Tank looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-David

thanks, things are settling from the move well.

Im glad the tank made the move ok. I havent been very vocal on the boards for a few year now, but I really enjoy looking at your tank, it looks great! I cant imagine having a tank in hurricane country...let alone moving a tank during hurricane season! I look forward to seeing updates of your tank in the future, especially now that I have read the long and short version of your tank posts.

Good luck with the storms!

Lol, pics look great Glenn. Your clam is trying to escape.

I wish the clam would escape!!! I'd love to get rid of it, but don't want to kill it to do so.

I'm going to try to get some decent pics of the new frags I got later today.

I wish the clam would escape!!! I'd love to get rid of it, but don't want to kill it to do so.

I'm going to try to get some decent pics of the new frags I got later today.

What's wrong with your clam? Wanna sell?

What's wrong with your clam? Wanna sell?

There's not a damn thing wrong with it, just would like the space for more SPS. I'd give it to you if I could get it off that rock safely.

neanderthalman
There's not a damn thing wrong with it, just would like the space for more SPS. I'd give it to you if I could get it off that rock safely.

have you tried speaking to it in a stern voice??

have you tried speaking to it in a stern voice??

of course, duh.

Looking pretty sexy there bro!

:)

thanks man, anything new in the works for you?

Recip saw?

I'm thinking jack hammer.

Try a neon goby if the tang doesnt look better. Cool little fish, and they are incredible cleaners, much better than shirmp.

the ich problem is getting alot better. I'm thinking about gettinga cleaner goby anyway though.

Did you notice I FINALLY got a frag of blue milli?

Archived