Coral Vue Hydros

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

Sorry to hear about your fish man, sucks but at least they are taking care of you. I was thinking about ordering some stuff from them in the future.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fish came in today :( . The Mccoskers got shipped to my mother in laws house (billing address). The mandarin is barely alive., and the purple firefish appears to have made the trip pretty well (he's still hiding, but that's to be expected).

My McCoskers was DOA. I contacted liveaquaria immediately and a new one will be here Thursday, at no extra charge. Their customer service really is top notch.

What about the mandarin? It almost looks like it's severely sedated. It's breathing slow, and doesn't move much unless something in the tank bothers it. Is this normal? I've never bought any fish online before, do they put something in the water to "calm the fish down"? Overall it looks great, but seems almost drunk.

Hey Glenn, what product are you dosing with for Alk? Kent SuperBuffer? Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your fish man, sucks but at least they are taking care of you. I was thinking about ordering some stuff from them in the future.

yeah it did kinda suck, but like you said, they are taking care of it. I asked them if they wanted me to take a pic of the dead fish, or send it back or something and they didn't. I can see alot of people ripping them off this way. Wierd thing is, even though the fish was DOA it's colors were crazy bright. i can't imagine how good they look alive!! Hopefully I will find out Thursday.

Any ideas about my drunk mandarin?

I wouldn't hesitate a bit to buy from them if I were you. Like I said, their customer service is as good as it gets, packaging is great, and the fish well......one is good, one is drunk, and one is dead. I hope the mandarin sobers up soon, I don't want to lose another fish dammit!!!

yeah it did kinda suck, but like you said, they are taking care of it. I asked them if they wanted me to take a pic of the dead fish, or send it back or something and they didn't. I can see alot of people ripping them off this way. Wierd thing is, even though the fish was DOA it's colors were crazy bright. i can't imagine how good they look alive!! Hopefully I will find out Thursday.

Any ideas about my drunk mandarin?

I wouldn't hesitate a bit to buy from them if I were you. Like I said, their customer service is as good as it gets, packaging is great, and the fish well......one is good, one is drunk, and one is dead. I hope the mandarin sobers up soon, I don't want to lose another fish dammit!!!

Dont have a clue. Maybe jet lag? Hope he perks up for you though.

Glenn -

Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS for the frags, both doing well.

And another THANKS for the LR. The school tank looks so much better.

I owe you your bucket and some $$ for the rock. Working on the $$ part.

Haven't forgotten bout ya -

THANKS again -

Dave

Glenn -

Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS for the frags, both doing well.

And another THANKS for the LR. The school tank looks so much better.

I owe you your bucket and some $$ for the rock. Working on the $$ part.

Haven't forgotten bout ya -

THANKS again -

Dave

No problem man, glad I could help!!

Just return the bucket and we'll call it even. Lol, we can just call it even, I have plenty o' buckets.

BREAKING NEWS, THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!

i just ordered a couple of these to replace the crappy bulbs that came with my T5 retro kit. man, they really stick it to you to ship these things ($17 for ground).

we will now return to our regular programming.

sorry to hear about the fish. i was so worried about mine, but they all arrived healthy. regarding the mandarin - my mccoskers behaved similarly. it just kind of limped its way around the tank and found a home under a rock and curled up there. it would occasionally swim out of the rock slowly....but i thought it would for sure be dead by the next day. i was wrong and although it was timid, it was obviously alive and healthy. i think they just get really shocked from shipping and take a while to get it together lol.

also, fwiw, all of my fish arrived on a friday. on sunday afternoon our power went out and didn't come back on until late wednesday night. all of the fish survived. i wouldn't hesitate ordering from liveaquaria again, my fish were all perfect. you probably just had some bad luck.

sorry to hear about the fish. i was so worried about mine, but they all arrived healthy. regarding the mandarin - my mccoskers behaved similarly. it just kind of limped its way around the tank and found a home under a rock and curled up there. it would occasionally swim out of the rock slowly....but i thought it would for sure be dead by the next day. i was wrong and although it was timid, it was obviously alive and healthy. i think they just get really shocked from shipping and take a while to get it together lol.

also, fwiw, all of my fish arrived on a friday. on sunday afternoon our power went out and didn't come back on until late wednesday night. all of the fish survived. i wouldn't hesitate ordering from liveaquaria again, my fish were all perfect. you probably just had some bad luck.

that's what I figure. both of the fish that are still alive appear to be heavily sedated, but healthy none the less. The new McCoskers will be here tomorrow, hopefully it will make the trip.

Liveaquaria handled the McCoskers situation without any question, and they bag and pack their fish safer than Fort Knox. I don't plan on ordering any more fish for the tank, but if I were to, I wouldn't even remotely hesitate to order from liveaquaria again.

Glenn the tank is coming along nicely.

thanks!

Hows the drunkard? Sobering up?

not yet, still drunk.

My second McCoskers came in today. It arrived alive, but just barely. It's extremely pale and every bit as drunk as the other 2 fish I got. Although liveaquaria has been extremely helpful, I highly doubt I will order anymore fish online. It just doesn't seem to be working out.

I'm hoping all three of them survive, but I'm having serious doubts about the McCoskers, and maybe even the mandarin.

gulfsurfer101

That sucks to hear big time. I know how excited you were to be getting that McCoskers when I was over there last week. Hope they sober up for you quick and make a full turnaround.

Dude, bad luck with the fishes. Does your LFS not special order stuff? I have hangups about ordering fish online too and although they are a little more my LFS will order just about anything I want.

gulfsurfer101

You know, now that I think about it I remember talking to that guy who owns the new place here and he mentioned about ordering some fish for another local member of this site. I'm pretty shure he could get you what you are looking for.

Dude, bad luck with the fishes. Does your LFS not special order stuff? I have hangups about ordering fish online too and although they are a little more my LFS will order just about anything I want.

I tried to special order through the new LFS here in town. I e-mailed them a picture of the fish and everything (like they told me to). Then I never heard back from them about it.

The new McCoskers is extremely pale, but still breathing. I really don't think he, or the mandarin is going to make it :( . Even the purple firefish is still acting very sedated.

No more ordering fish online for me. I think I just have bad luck with that stuff.

You know, now that I think about it I remember talking to that guy who owns the new place here and he mentioned about ordering some fish for another local member of this site. I'm pretty shure he could get you what you are looking for.

He was probably talking about me, but it never happened.

I have good news, and I have bad news.

First the bad news. I woke up today only to find that my new mandarin bit the bullet. R.I.P. little guy. This is the second one in a month that I've put in the tank that died within a few days. I'm not going to try for a third. Oh well, no mandarin for me.

Now the good news. My new McCoskers is looking 100% better this morning. He's regained all of his color and although still very skiddish, he's been cruising around checking out the tank. I'm waiting for some food to thaw out and then I'm going to feed them. I'm hoping he will eat a little bit.

We need pics of this little one you call McCoskers.... lol

In due time, I'm gonna let him settle in for a while before I freak him out with the camera.

He ate plenty of of mixed frozen food. I think this one is going to make it.

First the bad news. I woke up today only to find that my new mandarin bit the bullet. R.I.P. little guy.

Glenn, dont blame yourself for the mandarins at all. You or your tank size had nothing to do with the fishes demise, some fish just dont make it through shipping. Keep your eyes peeled, one day you will see a fat healthy one in a shop somewhere!

Thats great about the wrasse though, if he is eating you are probably good!!!! Cant wait for pics!!!!

Ohh yeah page 17!!!! Aint so short now is it!!!! :P

Glenn, dont blame yourself for the mandarins at all. You or your tank size had nothing to do with the fishes demise, some fish just dont make it through shipping. Keep your eyes peeled, one day you will see a fat healthy one in a shop somewhere!

Thats great about the wrasse though, if he is eating you are probably good!!!! Cant wait for pics!!!!

Ohh yeah page 17!!!! Aint so short now is it!!!! :P

weekends are pretty hectic for me but I'll try to get some pics soon.

17 is still a hell of a lot shorter than 45!!!

Sweet fish!

Good luck getting good pics of that wrasse lol!!!

thanks.

yeah, the wrasse is crazy fast, and still pretty skiddish too.

Archived