Top Shelf Aquatics

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

Dibs on the frags...

Glad I could help out.

D

give me a call tomorrow.

Dave you need to share because if you dont your gonna rhyme with Frag..

you guys crack me up.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up some new frags today from the LFS. I got a ATL sunrize milli, ATL pink tulip acro (sweet), and another nice Tyree Ponape "frag" (mini colony would be more appropriate). I'm also picking up a Leng Sy look a like from Dave in a few minutes. Thanks for buying that extra frag Dave, very cool of you!!! I'm about to start bagging up your stuff now.

pics to come a little later.

Sunrize? More Ponape?!!!

We need to work out a trade soon, but you keep buying all the nice corals I have for trade! Just wait a couple months for the 60 to get going, then I may be on your coral calibur and trading can commense!

G -

THANKS for the sweet frags. You'll have to remind me of the names again.

I'll post some pics next day or two.

You've been a great help both to Berry and myself.

Mucho appreci-tado -

D

Sunrize? More Ponape?!!!

We need to work out a trade soon, but you keep buying all the nice corals I have for trade! Just wait a couple months for the 60 to get going, then I may be on your coral calibur and trading can commense!

I don't mind having doubles, I'm setting up a new frag tank pretty soon. watchya got?

G -

THANKS for the sweet frags. You'll have to remind me of the names again.

I'll post some pics next day or two.

You've been a great help both to Berry and myself.

Mucho appreci-tado -

D

No problem man, it's cool having more local reefers. I'm glad to help anytime.

the frags you got today are...

the big one is pocillipora, the medium size one is peach millipora, and the small one with the bright blue (maybe purple under your lighting) tip is a tri color valida. That tri color is really a nice frag. it grows quick and the colors are awesome. Thanks again for picking up that cap frag.

Pics uploading now....

Save some of those frags for me, I should have a little cash put away for some later on this week.

No problem, but I don't think I have any frags of anything you don't already have :) .

gulfsurfer101

I'm cool with doubles two, in case you haven't noticed I have at least two tanks going at once just got my second guitar and now I need a new board. Mine is so crappy I haven't been out since this spring. When I get one we need to hit the winter swell sometime. You going to be at that fragswap tommorrow at AM's.

crappy pic of ATL sunrize milli

DSC01083.jpg

crappy pic of ATL pink tulip acro (it's not all that happy in my tank yet)

DSC01085.jpg

yet another junk pic...sarmentosa (one of my favorite corals so far)

DSC01081.jpg

Leng Sy-esque, and Idaho grape caps.

DSC01088.jpg

ORA blue milli

DSC01090.jpg

sunset monti, "peachberry" monti, and yellow scroll.

DSC01089.jpg

palys that Gulf hooked me up with.

DSC01034.jpg

randoms..

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

and of course, the obligatory FTS.

DSC01087.jpg

Since I've gone waaaaaay over my "fish tank allowance" I'm definitely done for a little while. This tank is pretty much at it's max capacity anyway. Well, there is room for maybe one more frag, cough blue voodoo Dave!!cough.

I'm piecing together the necessary equipment for a frag tank now.

I'm cool with doubles two, in case you haven't noticed I have at least two tanks going at once just got my second guitar and now I need a new board. Mine is so crappy I haven't been out since this spring. When I get one we need to hit the winter swell sometime. You going to be at that fragswap tommorrow at AM's.

Man I wish I could make it, but I have to work. Hopefully I can be there next month though.

give me a call this weekend and we'll see what I have left. Dave pretty much cleaned me out, and I want to keep a few things for the soon to come frag tank, but I'm sure I'll have a frag or two to spare.

Well, there is room for maybe one more frag, cough blue voodoo Dave!!cough.

That's no prob. I really do believe that Voodo has grown in few days I've had it.

Your tank still lloks awsome..btw.

I'm gonna cruise your long version for the diy doser project..while I wait for ya to send the link...LOL

Thanks again -

Dave

ps. We should set the example for the "Newberry" and lay low for the rest of the week $$....geez.

That's no prob. I really do believe that Voodo has grown in few days I've had it.

Your tank still lloks awsome..btw.

I'm gonna cruise your long version for the diy doser project..while I wait for ya to send the link...LOL

Thanks again -

Dave

ps. We should set the example for the "Newberry" and lay low for the rest of the week $$....geez.

not sure that there's any info about the doser in either of my threads. i've posted about it a few times, i don't remember where. if you want to come by wednesday i can show you how it works.

btw, after my little spending spree that i've been on for the last week, i'm laying low for atleast another month!!!

where'd you get you light from?

gulfsurfer101

No prob, I probably spent a little too much this week on random crap and one good peice for my supersmall tank. I was thinking of heading over there but don't have much to trade for so I might just pass. I might have to go back for that bali green slimer tommorrow if he still has it though. The last acro colony I gave you looks like it's growing out nicely too, let me know if your interested in another one soon since I'm heading up in that direction.

No prob, I probably spent a little too much this week on random crap and one good peice for my supersmall tank. I was thinking of heading over there but don't have much to trade for so I might just pass. I might have to go back for that bali green slimer tommorrow if he still has it though. The last acro colony I gave you looks like it's growing out nicely too, let me know if your interested in another one soon since I'm heading up in that direction.

man that acro grows like a freakin' weed!!! thanks for the offer, but i'm tapped out for a while. i may want some stuff once i get the frag tank set up.

gulfsurfer101

No prob, I'll probably just bring back one of those acro colonies anyways since I know you will have the itch for trades once you see it. I'm also planning on bringing back some superman montipora that you will need to help me frag a chunk off for your tank since the last stuff freaking died. BTW when can I get a small frag of that weed growing acro, just clip a peiece off the back for a homey. I'll bring you back something nice from up there.

No prob, I'll probably just bring back one of those acro colonies anyways since I know you will have the itch for trades once you see it. I'm also planning on bringing back some superman montipora that you will need to help me frag a chunk off for your tank since the last stuff freaking died. BTW when can I get a small frag of that weed growing acro, just clip a peiece off the back for a homey. I'll bring you back something nice from up there.

As soon as my fragging shears that I ordered get here (should be later this week), I'll cut you a frag of it. Are you talking about the first one I got from you, or the second one?

Let's go buy some frags boy's, It's on the NEWberry.. lol.. Nice one Davie..

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny too. I'm tapped out for a while on new frags :( .

<drools>

thanks??

WOW!

Your tank looks amazing!

btw, what is your fish count? have any more chromis gone belly-up lately?

Thank you, I'm tryin'!!!

nope, I'm still at 11 fish total. 6 green chromis, 2 true percs, yellow tang, McCoskers flasher wrasse, and a very rarely seen (feeding time ONLY) purple firefish). It's too bad the firefish doesn't come out more, he's seriously the best looking firefish I've ever seen.

I did experience an interesting even ttoday while doing a wc though. The McCoskers is pretty much fearless and decided to check out the 3/4" tube I was using to drain 5g of water out of the tank. Next thing I know I see him spinning around like crazy in the bucket. I quickly went and grabbed my net, caught him, and dumped him back in the tank. He was a little spooked from the ordeal, but that's it. I fed the fish about 10 minutes later and he was chowing down like he normally does. I'm telling you, this fish is fearless, and quite aggressive come feeding time.

Thank you, I'm tryin'!!!

nope, I'm still at 11 fish total. 6 green chromis, 2 true percs, yellow tang, McCoskers flasher wrasse, and a very rarely seen (feeding time ONLY) purple firefish). It's too bad the firefish doesn't come out more, he's seriously the best looking firefish I've ever seen.

I did experience an interesting even ttoday while doing a wc though. The McCoskers is pretty much fearless and decided to check out the 3/4" tube I was using to drain 5g of water out of the tank. Next thing I know I see him spinning around like crazy in the bucket. I quickly went and grabbed my net, caught him, and dumped him back in the tank. He was a little spooked from the ordeal, but that's it. I fed the fish about 10 minutes later and he was chowing down like he normally does. I'm telling you, this fish is fearless, and quite aggressive come feeding time.

Hey bro! I am about to send you a PM. Check it out asap!

The old guy at TFH makes stand.. He said he could make me one for my 40g for $140, and stain it whatever color I wanted.. What do you think??

Archived