Cultivated Reef

15 gal Coldwater Dual Biotope

Jamie

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, and you definitely need to.

It was just a few weeks after I bought my 5D. I was on a photo safari tour at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. A couple giraffes came right up next to the truck to investigate us. I was busy snapping away when all of a sudden I saw through the viewfinder a giant tongue coming straight for my camera. The giraffe grabbed the camera with its tongue and yanked. I was wearing a strap, and when the beast realized he wasn't going to get the camera he slammed it down against the side of the truck.

I'm still scarred. Lost a damn fine 60 f/2.8 too.

Am I really that weird? Well, maybe. But don't blame me, blame my religion teacher, because it was during his painfully boring class that I created this.

Tadaaa!

DSC_0240.jpg

No, but the real reason I'm doing this is that I'm tired of taking pictures, and need a rest. It's take you guys at least a few days to solve this, right? Now, if you want more pictures, get to work! :lol:omgomgomg

if you are reading this then you have cracked my code. congratulations. please post the translation on nano reef and i will post as many pictures of strawberry anemones as you want.

500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 pictures please :P

YAY! You got it all right except for one word. What you translated as "my" at the end of the first sentence is actually "the", but I won't hold it against you. :P Of course, my camera is still broken, but I'll steal my mom's for a few quality pics, then I'll get the remaining 49999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999997 once my camera comes back.

YAY! You got it all right except for one word. What you translated as "my" at the end of the first sentence is actually "the", but I won't hold it against you. :P Of course, my camera is still broken, but I'll steal my mom's for a few quality pics, then I'll get the remaining 49999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999997 once my camera comes back.

o...that was the dyslexia -_- your "th" looks like your "m" but backwards :)

anyhoo...cant wait to see all those pics :) hope you got the premium photobucket account :P

All these were donw during feeding, so some of the nems are closed up eating.

DSC_0247-1.jpg

splitting

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0244-1.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

moved to the top tank

DSC_0246.jpg

bottom:

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

-Jamie

YAY PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG LOOK AT ALL THOSE PINK ONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

So when ya shippin mine out?? :D

When I'm less busy! :( Might be able to manage it this week. I'm in the process of simultaneously setting up four 20 gallon highs though, not to mention school. idk, I need to olook at my calendar, sooner might be better.

Dey are so purdy. :flower:

Thanks. :flower:

blizzardscout2

I have a question.... How hard would it be to have a coldwater nano and is it expensive to run a chiller? Especially one for Puget Sound temperature (54-56 F). ;) I am very interested! Thanks!

Reese

I have a question.... How hard would it be to have a coldwater nano and is it expensive to run a chiller? Especially one for Puget Sound temperature (54-56 F). ;) I am very interested! Thanks!

Reese

very easy to have coldwater nano, provided you can get livestock (shouldn't be hard for your locale though). get a larger chiller than you need, and the electricity cost isnt bad, since it doesnt run as often and for as long.

besides, lack of need for expensive and energy-sucking lighting makes up for chiller expense.

I know you!!! :D

Meh... I have to write my english paper. Best chance of pics will be friday afternoon. I think we're going to the beach this weekend, so I won't be able to then. We'll see. Lots to do...

Hmm... If I can get em all broken up and ready to go on the weekend, I could probably ship monday. :flower:

Should I ship to both of you at once, or do one, see how to goes, then do the other? That way if I screw up the first one, I could modify method for the second. Maybe ship one Monday and one Wednesday? Boh at the same time would be fine, too. Whatevers.

Either way is fine, imo. How are you shipping - FedEx overnight? Monday for Tuesday delivery? I'm out all morning Thursday and Friday because of meetings. Delivery Tuesday morning is ideal, Wednesday is doable if you think two day will work - we have 50 for a low and 83 for a high all week.

Okay, I can just overnight it on Monday for you then, and we'll see what works for Daniel. I forget what company I use... maybe FedEx. I'll check with my mom.

Okay, I can just overnight it on Monday for you then, and we'll see what works for Daniel. I forget what company I use... maybe FedEx. I'll check with my mom.

any day is good with me :) our temps next week will be lows in the low 30s, highs in the upper 50s

my only request is no USPS. apparently they dont understand "overnight" in college towns. FedEx would be great - they get here early :)

Okay, I forgot that we're going to the beach this weekend, but I should still be able to ship out next week. I can't ship Monday, because apparently I have a doctor's appointment, but Tuesday looks clear.

My mom says we'll try to use FedEx, and definitely won't use USPS, because apparently they don't allow you to ship liquids. :huh:

And in case anyone cares: Our lows are around 40, highs in the high 60's, supposed to hit 70 on Monday!

Okay, I forgot that we're going to the beach this weekend, but I should still be able to ship out next week. I can't ship Monday, because apparently I have a doctor's appointment, but Tuesday looks clear.

My mom says we'll try to use FedEx, and definitely won't use USPS, because apparently they don't allow you to ship liquids. :huh:

And in case anyone cares: Our lows are around 40, highs in the high 60's, supposed to hit 70 on Monday!

Tuesday for Wednesday would be great. :D

USPS only restricts liquids, not prohibits. You can ship liquids (under the rules that would govern most hobbyists shipping corals) provided you have them sealed in a plastic bag, with absorbant material (lots of shredded/balled newspaper) surrounding in case of leaks. You are then supposed to seal the styro box completely to prevent water from leaking out. The last part is usually an issue, since people throw heat packs in and such and need the box to breathe a bit, but everything else conforms to their standards.

Archived