ReefCleaners.org

15 gal Coldwater Dual Biotope

Jamie

mmkay.

I was watching the tank today and I realized that at least half of the pink berries have split. One of them appears to be splitting into more than just two, it looks like it's gonna end up being more like 6 or 7 individuals. :o

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mmkay.

I was watching the tank today and I realized that at least half of the pink berries have split. One of them appears to be splitting into more than just two, it looks like it's gonna end up being more like 6 or 7 individuals. :o

:haha:

They really ARE the cw aiptasia!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

edit: oh, and PICS PLZ :P

orange ones not so much. One of them looks like it's splitting into multiple nems, unfortunately it's not one of the really orange orange ones. I believe there are four bright orange ones (two little ones, two full size), then several other orangish ones, one of which is splitting.

orange ones not so much. One of them looks like it's splitting into multiple nems, unfortunately it's not one of the really orange orange ones. I believe there are four bright orange ones (two little ones, two full size), then several other orangish ones, one of which is splitting.

well, they were the most stressed out, so it may just take a while for them to start. but with all of them splitting so quickly...my 40g is gonna be freakin AWESOME :D

Your doing a forty gallon!? Actually, I think I already knew that, and then forgot, but still!

So lets say you get a four square inch piece, and it doubles in size every month. After a year you would have 8192 square inches! Actually, that's not really right, because the colony doesn't go on doubling in size, only the berries on the outside keep splitting, but if you kept separating the berries from the colony they would keep splitting, so you could probably get faster growth rates.

Your doing a forty gallon!? Actually, I think I already knew that, and then forgot, but still!

So lets say you get a four square inch piece, and it doubles in size every month. After a year you would have 8192 square inches! Actually, that's not really right, because the colony doesn't go on doubling in size, only the berries on the outside keep splitting, but if you kept separating the berries from the colony they would keep splitting, so you could probably get faster growth rates.

yeah, thats the plan. :) They'll get put into the 10g until my 40g is up and running, but I got the tank, most of the plumbing, and I'm building a cheapo 2x4 stand tomorrow. So it wont be long after they get here, they'll get moved over :D

and i'll do anything for fast growth rates :D

cool beans. I've been trying to come up with something I can realistically model growth with, but considering the fact that I have five papers due and three tests this week, it's going to have to wait till the weekend before I figure out how to attach an excel file to a NR post. :rolleyes:

And, Daniel, your nems are in the mail. :)

STRAWBERRIES ARE FINALLY HERE!!!!

Little buggers are troopers too. Water temp was 62* when they got here, so I turned the AC on high on the way home and gave them a while to temp acclimate.

Now in the tank, some are opening up already. Had quite a few floaters, so they ended up congregating under rocks and stuff. Guess when the 40g is ready, I'll be finding little colonies started all over the place :)

Nice packaging Jamie - they survived the trip pretty well. Small hole in the inside bag from the shell, lost maybe a fifth of the water to the outer bag, and a couple strawberries were "force" propagated, but all in all it couldn't have gone much better on your part. :D

Those prices are actually pretty good, imo. I want the Shaw's. :(

omg - http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...&ddid=50765

yeah...last time I saw a shaw's for sale it was more than a hundred added to their price. But even still...an awfully expensive fish for me (most I've ever paid for one was $50).

And the filefish is possibly the coolest thing ever.

edit...o...and i'll get some pics tonight, so you dont even gotta ask :P

Glad they made it okay. Yeah, none of the orange ones were attached (I had to peel them off the acrylic in my tank) so hopefully you'll start seeing little orange colonies soon! I've stopped spot feeding, I just throw a cube of cyclops in every night, and they all seem happy, so I think even the ones you can't see will do fine

Glad they made it okay. Yeah, none of the orange ones were attached (I had to peel them off the acrylic in my tank) so hopefully you'll start seeing little orange colonies soon! I've stopped spot feeding, I just throw a cube of cyclops in every night, and they all seem happy, so I think even the ones you can't see will do fine

lol...they made it just fine. A bit of smelly water and a little warm, but they didn't seem to mind at all.

I'm really gonna have colonies everywhere - there's probably 15 or 20 tiny babies that came out of the bag loose, and I just tossed them in with the pump off for a minute or two.

I think I'll wait and feed them tomorrow since the other nems got their fill from the detritus that floated in with the strawberries.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

But yeah, I've got a couple berries in the bottom tank, just to see how they like the surge, and they're doing GREAT, even though I don't directly feed that tank (it just gets the leftovers from the top tank). So feeding does not seem to be an issue at all. SO EXCITING! lol, I just realized I haven't gotten over it yet. :P I really wanna take new pictures, but stupid homework. <_< I'm supposed to have a rough draft of my essay on MOO, by Jane Smiley tomorrow, and I haven't started writing :slap: Better than my friend though, he hasn't even started reading his book yet. :P ehhh, I might get pictures anyway, we'll see.

PIXTUERES!!!!!

All these are SUPER macro pictures, all the lens extenders at the same time! SUPER!!!!! okay, this is a lame introduction, but too bad! Here they are:

D lineata in the surge

DSC_0270.jpg

another, not in the surge

DSC_0286-1.jpg

elegant

DSC_0261.jpg

other elegant

DSC_0263.jpg

BERRIES!!!

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

This is the only truly orange one left. is going to Jer, cause he seems want it most. But I'm very open to bribes, so lmk. :)

DSC_0291-1.jpg

-Jamie

strawberries really dont like so much light do they??

every time i turn on the 6x54w tek, they close up :D

but they're all really nice and open now omgomgomg

Archived