Top Shelf Aquatics

15 gal Coldwater Dual Biotope

Jamie

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the only truly orange one left. is going to Jer, cause he seems want it most. But I'm very open to bribes, so lmk. :)

:flower:

Can you ship Monday?

strawberries really dont like so much light do they??

every time i turn on the 6x54w tek, they close up :D

but they're all really nice and open now omgomgomg

I don't know about the light thing. I think it may just be that they always close up during the day. I only ever feed them at night, and they only ever open at night. But feeding during the day might get them to open up, dunno.

I can't wait till I get to go home and see them.

Thank you Jamie!! :flower:

You're welcome. :)

:flower:

Can you ship Monday?

Isn't it a holiday? I don't know, I have Monday and Tuesday off, I'm not sure if we're going somewhere or not. Might go see colleges. So, if I'm here, and the post offices are shipping, then yes, otherwise, no. :)

dunno. you sending both warm and cold nems, or just cold?

just cold for now - one is sittin on the glass ready for me to scoop him up :)

the warm nems gotta get cut up and heal before i can send them out.

Okay, well, if you wanna do it this week that's fine, but it's a short window of time. Can't ship Monday, and I'll be gone Friday, and the weekend. So basically you could only ship Tuesday and still leave a window of time for shipping errors. Or you could wait to the week after. Whatever you want.

Okay, well, if you wanna do it this week that's fine, but it's a short window of time. Can't ship Monday, and I'll be gone Friday, and the weekend. So basically you could only ship Tuesday and still leave a window of time for shipping errors. Or you could wait to the week after. Whatever you want.

mm...i'll wait a week. apparently we cant trust your local deliveryman that much ;)

Haha, I think that would be a good idea.

Jeremai's gonna hold off on the berries for a while, so I'm gonna try to aquascape the top tank. Don't know how it'll go, but we'll see.

NIGHT STRAWBERRIES!!!

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

and an earlier pic I forgot to post:

DSC_0281.jpg

Tank aquascaping went reasonably well. It's not super pretty, but, there's not much you can do with scallop shells. I just epoxied them to the back wall - I was nervous the epoxy wouldn't stick, but it went fine. Once the berries grow over the epoxy and the white spots on the rock, I think it'll look a lot better, too. No fts currently, I'll try and get one up today.

icky fts. you can see my reflection >.< I'll have to get another at night to get rid of the glare.

DSC_0304.jpg

Can't wait till the back is totally covered in strawberries! And by the way, I have yet to see any aggression between different color berries. I had an orange, pink, and tan all touching and non of them seemed affected at all. I think they may release chemicals when stressed though, because last night I got them agitated with the whole epoxying them to the back wall, and today all my anthopleuras have they're fighting tentacles out and are stinging each other, which never usually happens.

more older pics - these aren't fish tank pics, just random stuff from my trip to the beach a few weekends ago.

sunset on the beach

DSC_0536.jpg

the green flash, caught on camera!

DSC_0546.jpg

ten minute exposure, brightened and up contrast on the computer, you can see the original if you really want, but this is prettier. ;)

DSC_0561-1.jpg

ten minute exposure, brightened and up contrast on the computer, you can see the original if you really want, but this is prettier. ;)

DSC_0561-1.jpg

that one needs a "dont drink before viewing" warning :P

i think we need more strawberries :) when is our friendly diver going back out there?? :lol:

that one needs a "dont drink before viewing" warning :P

i think we need more strawberries :) when is our friendly diver going back out there?? :lol:

lol, when I first read that I thought you said "driver" and I was like, uhhh.... wha? But now I get. :D But I have no answer, haven't been in contact with him in a while. Whenever we do, I AM NOT GETTING THEM FIRST! But, I'll let you know if he emails/pm's me again.

My, I can almost afford it! Too bad I just spent all my parent's money on diving certification. I'll just have to fly to australia and get one myself!

That star trail shot is awesome!

Thanks. :D

Archived