Pod Your Reef

15 gal Coldwater Dual Biotope

Jamie

lol, when I first read that I thought you said "driver" and I was like, uhhh.... wha? But now I get. :D But I have no answer, haven't been in contact with him in a while. Whenever we do, I AM NOT GETTING THEM FIRST! But, I'll let you know if he emails/pm's me again.

:lol: thats fine. he can send them to me...i'll have a CW QT tank setup by then :)

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: thats fine. he can send them to me...i'll have a CW QT tank setup by then :)

Fine with me, but, to ship here it cost over 100 dollars, so I dunno what it'll be like to MD. Oddly enough, he didn't make me pay shipping though. :huh:

Wow, I missed this comment! :blush::flower:

:)

Fine with me, but, to ship here it cost over 100 dollars, so I dunno what it'll be like to MD. Oddly enough, he didn't make me pay shipping though. :huh:

:)

depending on the service, probably not much more. DC is a hub for many of the large shipping companies.

soon! I just finished my english paper! Yay! Now I have a life again for several days!

This is unrelated, but I'm pretty excited about it. For science fair this year I'm attempting to determine the most effective way to raise banded pipefish babies. I probably would be doing something else (though that idea seems to be falling through anyway) but my lfs got the most adorable pipefish pair in and I want them! So, yeah, I'm excited. Dunno if I'll start a thread for that or not - to track progress, might be helpful though. If anyone has info on pipefish breeding, let me know! I'll get pics when I bring em home, prolly early next week.

:wub:

Oooh, I'v never seen that color before, normally they look a lot like C. californica. I think there's also another nice corynactis species from Australia, but not sure.

Speaking of Europe, I got to go to Italy a few years ago, and (this isn't coldwater, but maybe low 70's) I went snorkeling, and there was this awesomest huge bright orange anemone on the bottom. It was amazing! I kept swimming down to look at it, but my mask leaked and the pressure was too much for it, so I didn't get a great look at it, it was very nice though.

And, I am fo sho getting the pipefish now. I hope they make babies! They ate frozen cyclopeez at the store today, very enthusiastically, which is excellent. :happy:

Oooh, I'v never seen that color before, normally they look a lot like C. californica. I think there's also another nice corynactis species from Australia, but not sure.

Speaking of Europe, I got to go to Italy a few years ago, and (this isn't coldwater, but maybe low 70's) I went snorkeling, and there was this awesomest huge bright orange anemone on the bottom. It was amazing! I kept swimming down to look at it, but my mask leaked and the pressure was too much for it, so I didn't get a great look at it, it was very nice though.

And, I am fo sho getting the pipefish now. I hope they make babies! They ate frozen cyclopeez at the store today, very enthusiastically, which is excellent. :happy:

yeah, i've only seen a few weakly green C. viridis, but those were just crazy. Aussie species is australis, but they look just like C. californica.

Definitely need some Europe connections - they have all sorts of crazy temperate and tropical crap over there, just hiding it from us :(

nice...pipes already eat frozen...dont see that around here!

I know, it's rare. I wasn't even gonna ask, fishstore guy was just like, "Hey, wanna see em eat?" And I was like, "YES!" So he fed them cyclops, and it was fun. They really went after it, too, not just an occasional nibble. It looked like they've been eating frozen for a while, though I doubt it. Apparently this kind is easier to train than most. They even had a dragonface pipe eating the cyclops too, though! THAT was quite a surprise. I'd get it too, if I had the space!

Man, I've really been missing out on all the raindeer fun over here. Glad to hear the nems are starting to split Jamie, and you've been able to spread the wealth!!.

I have been having some good succcess with my nems as well. Many of them have ventured out onto the neighboring rocks and glass.

As previously mentioned, they are very light sensitive and do not prefer direct lighting. They seem to be adapting to small amounts of direct light, but would much prefer the evening actinics. I have been feeding them cyclops and myisis and they seem to be enjoying every bit of it.

Just a little FYI....I was out fishing on my boat the other day, off-shore about 20 miles. As I normally do, I fill my 5 gal water jug with some of the cool fresh surrounding water. Then take it home and do a water change.....you would be amazed at how the berries react to this replenishment of natural resources. I wish I could bottle it and send some off to you guys!!!

So I have another trip planned to the rigs in two weeks. Anyone intersted in some berries for their tank....drop me a PM and I'll wok it out with you.

Thought you guys might like to see a pic of the tank.

post-22564-1226699465_thumb.jpg

And a couple more

post-22564-1226700022_thumb.jpg post-22564-1226700040_thumb.jpg

And finally

post-22564-1226700108_thumb.jpg

Man, I've really been missing out on all the raindeer fun over here. Glad to hear the nems are starting to split Jamie, and you've been able to spread the wealth!!.

I have been having some good succcess with my nems as well. Many of them have ventured out onto the neighboring rocks and glass.

As previously mentioned, they are very light sensitive and do not prefer direct lighting. They seem to be adapting to small amounts of direct light, but would much prefer the evening actinics. I have been feeding them cyclops and myisis and they seem to be enjoying every bit of it.

Just a little FYI....I was out fishing on my boat the other day, off-shore about 20 miles. As I normally do, I fill my 5 gal water jug with some of the cool fresh surrounding water. Then take it home and do a water change.....you would be amazed at how the berries react to this replenishment of natural resources. I wish I could bottle it and send some off to you guys!!!

So I have another trip planned to the rigs in two weeks. Anyone intersted in some berries for their tank....drop me a PM and I'll wok it out with you.

Thought you guys might like to see a pic of the tank.

post-22564-1226699465_thumb.jpg

And a couple more

post-22564-1226700022_thumb.jpg post-22564-1226700040_thumb.jpg

And finally

post-22564-1226700108_thumb.jpg

o hello!! :D nice pichers!! omgomgomg

I've noticed the same thing about the light - daylight, they dislike quite a bit. But they quite like the actinics.

i predict...

you shall soon get a pm :)

I want more! Send them to Daniel first though. ;) I don't need any more of the colors I have, but dark red and orange (not many left), or any other cool colors, would be very welcome! Thanks so much, you're a really awesome person for helping us out with this, otherwise we would be corynactis-less! :)

I want more! Send them to Daniel first though. ;) I don't need any more of the colors I have, but dark red and orange (not many left), or any other cool colors, would be very welcome! Thanks so much, you're a really awesome person for helping us out with this, otherwise we would be corynactis-less! :)

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

those little metridium would be cool too :)

random fall photos! I was getting bored of taking pictures solely of strawberries, and I didn't want to write my english paper, so I took a walk outside. It was beautiful, so I ran back inside, got my camera, and took another walk. Here are the results:

DSC_0308-1.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

Thanksees. :) It was my favorite while shooting, but I couldn't get the mushroom and the leaf in focus at the same time, so the mushroom is a little blurry, but it's not terrible. My personal favorite is the first one - it's not a super-duper photo, but I think it's just a really awesome subject. It's a really close macro of some moss and fungus on a rock, but it looks like a whole little landscape. :happy:

Archived