inTank Media Baskets

everyone who doubted me

greeny_beany

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This coming from someone with a flame scallop in a Pico and when suggested it be returned says:

This is funny ... LOL ... I think the lesson learned here for other newbies: "do not follow what she did". But seriously ... this is a funny thread. It really does not hurt to read a post like that before going to sleep ...

can i keep that sting ray in the blue kiddy pool you find at Target? I will cycle it for one week with established live rock and water. I can feed it koi food

Hey Stevie you are finally going to get your nurse shark a friend. Just make sure the shark doesnt get jealous after all he was a X-MAS present. Does the shark miss the snow, now you cant make snow angels.

Sexy Shrimp

Green - the zoas were probably stressed at the LFS too. Closed Zoas = not happy. Stretching zoas = not enough light. +1 to removing the clown and nem and putting them in something bigger than a newly set up 20g. Also put your zoas higher up so they have more light. Then they wont reach and may open up.

As an example - I got 5 zoa colonies through the post yesterday and despite me dropping one of them on the floor (oops) they were all open fully within 45 mins. You tank is not either happy or healthy.

I think 5 or 6 months is not long enough to gauge success.

Remember, the person who brought up the idea of selling bottled water was ridiculed and laughed at initially, for reasons like it is the stupidest idea ever. But now, he is getting the last laugh.

greeny_beany

i dont care what everyone says in here because when i go to other forums ppl say its healthy n fine. if u havent noticed throughout the entire thread i hardly said anything.

hm

RayWhisperer

I'd just like to tell you......

No, wait, never mind. I don't really want to tell you anything.

constantocean
I'd just like to tell you......

No, wait, never mind. I don't really want to tell you anything.

yeah dude, seriously.

just leave her alone and let her sh*t die.

we all know that nem cant possibly kick for more than another 2 or 3 months in there, and when it drops that whole tanks going down.

maybe on that day she'll open up her eyes and say "damm......they were right"

i dont care what everyone says in here because when i go to other forums ppl say its healthy n fine. if u havent noticed throughout the entire thread i hardly said anything.

hm

i would love to see these other forums.

Could you attach some links to those threads of praise?

hm

Could you tell us who is saying everything is fine on the other threads and how old are you; I am guessing 13 or 14 by your reluctence accept any thought on making proper choiced based on others past experiences? I do not think you should care so much what individuals think but I do think you should care about the living organizms you are taking care of. Your a living organizm and there are certain parameters that you have to have to stay alive. For corals light would be very similar to the food you eat or the temperature you exist in. If someone took you as a human and gave you bark to eat or put you in a climate of 45 degrees would you live for a while; sure. But in the end you would perish because you need proper nurishement and a climate that matches your needs. You are attempting to sidestep the necessities of the creatures you are taking care of and because they are not dead yet you are posting that as a success when in fact if you were given bark to eat you would live ~30 days and you could make it a while at 45 degrees in a tee shirt.

You really should read up on what is required to keep the organisms alive in you tank; not just for the short term. I do not believe in flaming people on emails but you really have put your feet in the sand and have said that the whole world is wrong (other than some phantom people on some site you claim states everything is fine). Again, please provide the link to this other site so it is visible the dialog you are having because any reputable group would respond the same as this group because your not pioneering here; your taking creatures that are known to need specific requirements to stay alive and you are spouting that somehow in your care they do not need those requirements any longer.

Joe

I think alot of you guys need to wake up. I grew from a tiny half dollar size blue tip H.Crispa anenome in my 14gallon bio cube to a massive 12 inch plus across adult over the 2 years I had it. It was always beautiful looking and my 2 maroon clownfish hosted it. I did however have a 150w MH over it. I ended up selling it and converting my cube to a full reef.

Pics.

todaypicsofcarstuff007.jpg

todaypicsofcarstuff006.jpg

todaypicsofcarstuff002.jpg

yea and a 14 gallon biocube is a little different than what looks to me to be a 3 gallon pico but i could be wrong. plus not to mention yea, a 150mh helps especially when this kid thinks that 40 watts of PC on her new 20 gallon is going to make a world of difference. fingerscrossed

oh hell no, I guess I should have read the entire thread. This kid needs a wake up call then. 40watt PC on an anenome will not let it thrive. It may survive, but not thrive!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont care what everyone says in here because when i go to other forums ppl say its healthy n fine.

Hmmm. . .

It appears that someone's pants are on fire.

Stu Pedasso
Hmmm. . .

It appears that someone's pants are on fire.

somma#####...my pants are on fire! Wait...what does that have to do with this thread again?

anyway, thanks, I'm going to go sit in a bucket now.

Sexy Shrimp
i dont care what everyone says in here because when i go to other forums ppl say its healthy n fine.

Maybe they were just saying it not to hurt your feelings, or maybe they were eaqually as nOOb (take advice of people with esabished tank and years of experience ;) - I know my tank is new but I have had tanks sucessfully for 4 years).

We are the Simon Cowel of reef forums. We don't baby it - we tell you as it is. Why can you not see with your own eyes that those zoas don't look healthy? Healthy zoas look like this:

reefsystemzoos014.jpg

Your frags of zoas will be the proof of the pudding. They look fairly newly added. I recon with time they will start reaching for the light too! Lets see what happens...

I think that she is just hearing the advice she wants to hear if you catch my drift ;)

and Im 13 and I can see that this tank is totaly unhealthy

and for the fishes sake sell "nemo" and get an extra small fish and just have a fowlr

or even better change the tank over to a fw betta tank with a few shrimp or something

just take some advice all these people just want you to have a nice healthy tank!

post-35815-1208700680_thumb.jpg

Screename_116

I don't think people should sit here and flame this guy for being a dumb@ss. Let him do what he wants, he won't listen any ways. Don't waste your breathe.

noobofreefs

I still wanna see the pics of everything "happy" that she claimed she had, plus the forums that said it's all good...

no, my 3g is havning 40w not my twnty gallon

Greeny, It has only been a short while that anyone understood that they could have and "sustain" a pico reef and that is what you are attempting to do. You are correct, having a 40 watt light over a 3 gallong tank is a lot different than having a 40W over a 20 gallong tank for the lighting portion and from that standpoint you are producing a better wattage of light for the corals. However, you really just traded one issue for another(smaller tank to get more wattage per gallon); your ability to keep your parameters up (temp, pH, ammonia, etc.) have decreased drametically. In fact you have actually picked what could arguably be the toughest reef option there is. You have ZERO margin for error (a little too much fish food one day, temp spike because your pumping a lot of wattage into such a small amount of water, crab dies, etc.) and you will most likely have a total crash.

I would recommend that you take any fish out; go ahead and keep LPS and toss in a shrimp or two and maybe a couple crabs. But the main thing is keep fish out because there is no waste from it and from the food the fish does not eat. After a while you can try with a smaller fish that does not get over an inch and is more of rock dweller that is not going to get stressed and feel like it is in prison.

I have waited to see if you are going to post the link to the other sites. Again, I do not believe in flaming folks and many times there are more than one right answer but in the case you have presented it is going to be very difficult to give the creatures in your care a decent chance to survive. If someone had told you that they had great success keeping Great Danes locked in Volkswagens in the middle of summer with the window cracked a couple inches you would tell them thats not good; that is all anyone here is attempting to tell you.

Joe

Archived