Innovative Marine Aquariums

everyone who doubted me

greeny_beany

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are those zoos reaching for the sky in your FTS? I didn't know they could stretch that far. I'm not going to jump on the flame bandwagon (you are kinda asking for the responses you are recieveing), but overall your tank doesn't look very healthy. JMO, no offense.

greeny_beany
Are those zoos reaching for the sky in your FTS? I didn't know they could stretch that far. I'm not going to jump on the flame bandwagon (you are kinda asking for the responses you are recieveing), but overall your tank doesn't look very healthy. JMO, no offense.

how does it not look healthy? those long things have been like that since the day i got that rock

and they were like that at the pet store

how does it not look healthy? those long things have been like that since the day i got that rock

Well for starters the large zoo colony that is all closed up, all the others that are so light starved that it's almost impressive. Granted a couple of the frags look okay (nice ric), but overall the tank doesn't look healthy. Again, JMO.

Well for starters the large zoo colony that is still all closed up...

Fixed that for you. ;)

Been closed since the original pics.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Been closed since the original pics.

Thanks Fosi. I didn't really pay attention at first, I was to caught up in trying to learn how to keep a stingray in my bathtub.

Reef Chicks

greeny_beany - I am sure if you were to remove your anemone and clownfish - perhaps to a bigger tank, or trade it in to your LFS - people on here would be more eager to help and give you props for a job well done. When you post threads like these, it gives the idea that you are a child, sticking out your tongue at everyone, saying "nany nany poo poo". Also, that you are selfish for putting creatures that normally require more room to grow and thrive into less than adequate surroundings. Its like someone shoving you in a tiny closet and shutting the door on you, then telling you that you have to live there from now on. Could you live there? Sure. Would you be in your best possible health (mental and otherwise)? Probably not.

That said, your tank has the potential to be quite amazing. You obviously have the desire and determination to keep beautiful sea life. All it needs is some TLC (and the afore-mentioned removals) and you could probably join the ranks of consciencious pico-keepers with brag tanks. If you are intent n seeing "movement" in the tank, consider sexy shrimp. They are inexpensive, fun to watch and easy to keep. I keep 5 in my 2.5 gallon tank. They are always out and about, posing for pictures.

greeny_beany

ever since i got the zoo rock it hasnt opened even the person we got it from said they didnt so idk thats frustrating. everything is healthy actually, and i have a 20g getting the water to age as we speak.

noobofreefs

This thread is chuck full of win!

ever since i got the zoo rock it hasnt opened even the person we got it from said they didnt so idk thats frustrating. everything is healthy actually, and i have a 20g getting the water to age as we speak.

Ok, I was only gonna say that but I have to point out that everything is certainly not healthy and 20g may not be enough room for a neme still...and under pc lights...

NOR

noobofreefs
ya u do, it has to sit for like a month to filter and stuff

no i have 40w lights, and ya 20g is enough.

Please say your kidding...40 watt lights!? DAMN THAT MUST HURT TO LOOK INTO! (sarcasm)

BTW pc means power compact...any type of lighting can have wattage (so can heaters! :o) Nems need at least T5 lighting and a tank to be set-up for >3 mos. but more recommended 6. So wait. Your tank doesn't even equal the recommended age requirements..

Water doesn't age and filter and stuff...

20g like I said b4 may not be enough...

You have to establish your biological filter you can then do a 100% water change. You age the filter media, LR and sand not the water. You have to grow colonies of beneficial bacteria that has nothing to do with water.

Honestly keeping a few zoos and shrooms alive in a tank for a few months is nothing to brag about. I had some in a dark bucket with no circulation, heat, or top offs for over six months. And when I put them back in a tank they opened back up within a few days.

Its good to hear you are setting up a 20g, hopefully you are planning on moving the clown over?

noobofreefs
Honestly keeping a few zoos and shrooms alive in a tank for a few months is nothing to brag about. I had some in a dark bucket with no circulation, heat, or top offs for over six months. And when I put them back in a tank they opened back up within a few days.

Its good to hear you are setting up a 20g, hopefully you are planning on moving the clown over?

She has a clown, a blenny, a neme, and something else...

remember she has to wait for the water to "age"

Lalani: but of course!

Greeny....Please just take the advice of the people on this site... All they want to do is see everyone have a healthy and thriving tank.

It looks like bashing Greeny will only have a negative effect. You know where I'm going with this...

Reef Chicks

I didnt bash her and yet she is unwilling to take any advice. She keeps arguing with people who have been in the hobby for eons.

greeny_beany - What are you using to measure "health" in your tank? You say everything is healthy, yet several of us have told you that your tank indeed IS NOT. What will it take for you to believe us that your corals seem starved for light, most of them are not open, and your "nemo fish" and his anemone are not good in a tank that small? Failure? Why wait for that?

yankeesrebelson

Can I keep a Great Dane (3 fish and a nem) in a 450sf apartment(3 gallon pico)? I'll walk it (do water changes) and make sure I put food and water out (feed the tank). I know my place is kinda small (fackin 3 gallons!) but I really want one even though I cant afford to live in a place that has a large backyard properly house it (at least 50 gallons with a sump and skimmer, at least) because I work at walmart (real store name changed to protect the not so innocent).

Greeny beany, I do not profess to be all knowing and all powerful as I am fairly new too but you have understand that people have been doing this for much longer than even member #1 of this website. While I am all for going against the conventional wisdom and trying new things the things you are trying are not new. People have tried and failed exactly what you are doing repeatedly but for some reason it seems like there are always going to be more people who do the same dumbazz sheet. Please do not put yourself into that category and learn from others mistakes. You have succeeded in keeping those animals alive but just barely. Frankly, the fact that the nem is alive astonishes me but I digress. Please reevaluate the direction you have taken with your tank. You are on a path of well documented failure. If you want my opinion I think you should research and understand the limitations of you equipment and proceed accordingly. There are plenty of members here who can and will help you out but not with the way you are doing things.

If that nem dies, it will wipe out your entire tank. Are you willing to take that risk? I can care less about the nem but a clown in a 3 gal is kinda cruel don't you think?

I didnt bash her and yet she is unwilling to take any advice. She keeps arguing with people who have been in the hobby for eons.

greeny_beany - What are you using to measure "health" in your tank? You say everything is healthy, yet several of us have told you that your tank indeed IS NOT. What will it take for you to believe us that your corals seem starved for light, most of them are not open, and your "nemo fish" and his anemone are not good in a tank that small? Failure? Why wait for that?

well said.....

It really could be a cool little tank if the OP would pull his / her head out of his / her a$$. Some clearly are destined for idiocy.

Alive does not equal healthy. A few of the zoas in that colony look like they are open but they have no color since they're bleached and barely clinging to life.

The word you were looking for is "cycle." This website has articles about cycling, perhaps you should read them.

no i have 40w lights, and ya 20g is enough.

You also thought 3 gallons was enough. Why do you post here if you don't want to take people's advice? If you at least pretend to want to learn about the proper way to care for a reef tank people wont flame you so much.

Also, it's not called "a nemo." The movie does mention that our wee gimpy friend is a clownfish.

Archived