Top Shelf Aquatics

everyone who doubted me

greeny_beany

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
allenspidey
As long as your tank is big enough, you feed enough and you move enough water you'll be good to go!

20 gallon should be enough right? And can I keep it outside? Wouldn't want my kids getting speared in the heart or anything.

can i keep that sting ray in the blue kiddy pool you find at Target? I will cycle it for one week with established live rock and water. I can feed it koi food

greeny_beany

all these pictures were taken 3 mins after the light was turned on, ill take pics today after school of the tank. u guys act like its a piece of crap when really its never had a problem, we do weekly water changes and the reason the zoas arent open is because we got them last night.

allenspidey
can i keep that sting ray in the blue kiddy pool you find at Target? I will cycle it for one week with established live rock and water. I can feed it koi food

Good idea on the kiddy pool! But I would feed it dog food.

Dog food is too expensive, can I feed it sawdust and bouillon? The guy who works the register at Petco said it was fine so he must be right.

I'm not calling you all idiots, like you are me, so please back off.

That's probably pointed at me for what I said, but I wasn't calling AudiTTim an idiot. Just commenting on LFSs not caring for their livestock and not caring what happens to them after they leave the store. A LFS near me called Preuss Pets has actually denied selling livestock to people who don't meet the requirements of what they are trying to buy. They even encourage you to bring in water samples so they can check your parameters before selling you livestock.

greeny_beany

the reason i also havent said anything is i havent been online, i dont sit in front of a screen fighting with people, the tank is heathly. it really is, but go aheaad keep fighting its entertaining

allenspidey
Dog food is too expensive, can I feed it sawdust and bouillon? The guy who works the register at Petco said it was fine so he must be right.

:lol: Petco. :lol:

the reason i also havent said anything is i havent been online, i dont sit in front of a screen fighting with people, the tank is heathly. it really is, but go aheaad keep fighting its entertaining

I actaully think a lot of these posts were not directed at you

Good idea on the kiddy pool! But I would feed it dog food.

I get a good deal on bulk donkey food. It is mostly hay, but I feel it is pretty close to what a sting ray eats.

BKtomodachi
If you look in the third picture you can see the scooter blennies tail

Oh, you're right. Actually, it looks emaciated now that I look more closely. Kudos, kid. Kudos. :mellow:

Wonder why the OP hasn't come back with more details of how she is doing so well with this tank.... I mean, look at those pics.... They're gorgeous! :lol:

I'm sure the scooter blenny is just hiding somewhere. ;)

BKtomodachi
Well, not a kid but thanks. And you're right it does look emaciated.

Not you, the OP.

I'm young enough that many people would call me "kid" simply due to the age gap. All I'm saying is the OP is a child, regardless of their actual age. <_<

I'm just bummed how with all my education, experience, and time, I'm still an idiot who knows nothing, but some chicks bf brings her a tank and suddenly she's a fricking genius. Life just isn't fair. To me or to her fish.

allenspidey
I'm just bummed how with all my education, experience, and time, I'm still an idiot who knows nothing, but some chicks bf brings her a tank and suddenly she's a fricking genius. Life just isn't fair. To me or to her fish.

That sounds like my job. All my clients know more than I do.

As far as this gal's tank goes, I love how people measure success in such a short time. Its measured in years, not months. I could keep a tang in a 10 gallon with enough work for 5 months. Guarantee I couldn't do it for a year.

Archived