Cultivated Reef

everyone who doubted me

greeny_beany

As far as this gal's tank goes, I love how people measure success in such a short time. Its measured in years, not months. I could keep a tang in a 10 gallon with enough work for 5 months. Guarantee I couldn't do it for a year.

FishNemo would disagree!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever happened to fishnemo? I miss that crazy little guy.

I'm not sure, but NR seems lonely without him........ Not really, but it sounds nice. :)

RayWhisperer

Why are people giving advise about keeping stingray's without my consent or approval?

Minimum tank size for a ray; 2.5 gallons.

RW approved food; Alpo (beef or chicken are best)

Sand; Not needed

Filtration; Just a myth.

Noob with 2 fish and a nem in a pico= Reeftard

Or, to borrow a word from C7 before she lost it, Moron.

IDK what everyone's problem is cause I've kept a hamster in a 2.5 pico reef for about a week now. Everyone said it would get tired of swimming and die but he keeps on going. I did manage to put a little rock in there so he can stand on it and get a little rest. You guys said there was only a .1% chance of it living but now I see that I was right and everyone else was wrong. My only concern is that the tang keeps biting his little feet but he's as cute as a knut and I had to have him. My BF (aka. Brightwater, Shizzlenap, Jacklebrakesick, Ammoniarus, Sillyslap, Picoreefkillerz, Nemolovesmypico, ZoasRAsleepThatsWhyTheyRClosed, IKeepBabySealzInMyFridgeAndTheyLoveIt) tells me that I have the best tank in the world and he is a regular poster on all newgroups about reeftanks. I do have one question tho. I'm thinking about adding a Maine Lobster. Do you think if I do weekly water changes and feed it that everything will live? NVM, I'm going to do it anyway cause the best way to find out is to torture baby animals and if everything dies I'll know I was wrong.

Sexy Shrimp
Whatever happened to fishnemo? I miss that crazy little guy.

"Whatsit"85 has taken over that role - hilarious.

Am looking foward to seeing the pics after the lights have been on. Will reserve my judgement till then ;)

EDIT - the scooter blenny does look a bit on the skinny side...

I guess no more pics are forthcoming.

"The zoas are closed b/c the lights just came on and they're new." Phht.

Scott Riemer
I had it cycling before then, FYI, didnt have time to do posts nor had a final setup.

Right, first mention of having any LR was on March 27th in a bucket. You didn't have LR when you posted on the 26th. Why do you insist on lying? Just say you rushed, I would respect that more than lying.

greeny_beany

i got live rock a few days after cuz i got paid, i hate relying on k mart pay checks. hm and i havent put pics up agian yet cuz im not home, i have a project due on monday for school and cant be sitting on here like u guys all day,i had work also today so wen i get a chance ill put them up.the blenny hates the nemo i have to admit that, nemo has been agressive since the day i saw him at the pet shop.

healthy? The way those zoas are reaching up and yet still closed... Its almost like they are asking to be put out of their misery... Maybe they just miss scooter and want to join him in that big ocean in the sky...

i got live rock a few days after cuz i got paid, i hate relying on k mart pay checks. hm and i havent put pics up agian yet cuz im not home, i have a project due on monday for school and cant be sitting on here like u guys all day,i had work also today so wen i get a chance ill put them up.the blenny hates the nemo i have to admit that, nemo has been agressive since the day i saw him at the pet shop.

maybe he's aggressive cuz they are LIVING IN A BATHROOM SIZED APARTMENT... just an idea

NotGumbelWV
Nemos love tiny spaces, wtf is wrong with you? I actually think he's angry because there's no tang in there.

Oh don't even go there. I tried keeping a tang and a nemo in a thimble one time. Not only did they terrorize my mandarins and nurse shark, but I put them in their 3-hour old tank under sniper fire, which may have stressed them (gunshots, not newness of tank). Personally, I blame it on tap water for top-off, and not having a big enough CUC.

Tell me you don't work in the pet department at KMart... "Mom, what's wrong with that fish?" "Honey, the girl said they just turned the lights on and he's still sleeping"

HAHAHAHAH I love this one.. "nemo has been agressive since the day i saw him at the pet shop" reminds me of Finding Nemo and all the fish in that tank knew what was going to happen to Nemo if that little girl got ahold of him. Good thing you didn't get the picotope cause I'm sure he would have jumped out by now.

WHAT?! Still no updated pics of the tank after the lights have been on for a while? I know I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

Pico tank = $$

Fish = $$

Corals = $$

Posting pics on NR, getting pwnd, defending yourself with a lame excuse, then failing to post pics to silence critics = priceless.

lksjo.snap!.jpg

Darla!

nemodarlang1.jpg

OOOO hell yea that is the chick I was talking about!! Man I can see it now, as soon as she walked into the petstore they all tried to push the weak one to the front of the tank. That's why he's so aggressive. LOL

Archived