Cultivated Reef

everyone who doubted me

greeny_beany

The only person that has directly stated that your tank looks healthy on any other forum was your boyfriend, and I'm hardly taking him as a credible source of information at this point.

Your tank could genuinely do well, but only if you change the things that have been suggested.

We all want to help, but only if you are willing to listen.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
usssturgeon187
The only person that has directly stated that your tank looks healthy on any other forum was your boyfriend, and I'm hardly taking him as a credible source of information at this point.

Your tank could genuinely do well, but only if you change the things that have been suggested.

We all want to help, but only if you are willing to listen.

+1

rotarymagic

Just out of curiousity... would you guys burn a cross in my front yard too if I setup an aquavase (0.5g) or a 3g pico with a spikefin/flaming prawn(not really a prawn goby) goby?

I'm not a complete dumbass, but I feel like I'd come under fire too if I posted FTS on here.

The hardest part for SW for me was getting around the lies that LFS tell noobs in order to sell ######, but common sense told me that even small tangs (yeah they tried to get me with a tang too!) and rabbit fish don't belong in 20longs. Hell I even got bs'ed into getting linckias on several occasions under reassurance that my tank size was more than adequate. They even tried to sell me a mandarin without telling me about its specialized feeding! I won't name names, but I don't even buy water from this place anymore.

You'd certainly get flamed if you shined everyone on like this dirt sandwich has.

She (if it really is a she) is just enjoying the trolling now. Originally she(?) just wanted to post an in-your-face but no one will defend her(?) because her tank looks like crap and she(?) has a crappy 'tude.

rotarymagic
You'd certainly get flamed if you shined everyone on like this dirt sandwich has.

She (if it really is a she) is just enjoying the trolling now. Originally she(?) just wanted to post an in-your-face but no one will defend her(?) because her tank looks like crap and she(?) has a crappy 'tude.

I'm not about starting confrontations unnecessarily so I don't think that will be an issue, but I'm just stating that lots of people are mislead by LFS to make money for their store regardless of animal future wellbeing. I know its very possible to keep a flaming prawn goby or other itty bitty fish in a 3 gallon or .5 gallon tank as long as stringent maintenance is carried out. These animals are essentially pod feeders so other than occasional arctipod feedings (if they'll take dead food), the tanks will generally stay pretty clean. A separate food cultivation station would be the most complex part of the ordeal IMO as is the case with keeping dragonets, pipefish, and seahorses in smaller tanks such as 10gallons. I personally don't think that keeping a clown in a 3 gallon setup other than very very very freshly hatched specimens is very humane at all, but an opinion alone generally doesn't stop people from doing things against their own will. I'm not familiar with previous issues with the OP, but I didn't see a scooter blenny anywhere in these pics and keeping one in such a small setup isn't a good idea. They get bigger than an inch in length and are quite active.... 10gallon minimum if feeding issues are properly addressed. I apologize for writing a column in the newspaper with this reply.

but I didn't see a scooter blenny anywhere in these pics and keeping one in such a small setup isn't a good idea.

We've already been through this. The scooter blennie's in the pic. It is in the front of the tank in the second pic and is at the bottom of the third pic. But, it looks extremely thin and may have died by now.

Rarely (I didn't say never) have I ever seen a poster start a confrontation,it's most often the OP. I've seen OP's do some pretty stupid things and not get flamed if they approach it with the right attitude, as your's for instance. Stupid things can always be blamed on the lfs (justifiably, many times) to let the OP off the hook.

Read the original title of the thread and you can see where the whole thing will go real quick.

She is a post whore & is getting exactly what she wanted, # of replies,

look it's now 10 f%#%$#% ing pages. She is counting & enjoying every reply, even most are flaming her.

Don't fall for it, Let's stop reponding to this thread!

Woops, I just did. :o

mr.fosi i notice u been letting people have it lately :lol: good job.

rotarymagic
Note the sarcasm above ^

Speaking of terrible tanks, I saw a thread on some forum about some guy with like 6 percs and a koran angel in a ridiculously small tank... now that made me crack up..

It was so ridiculous that I'm convinced that it was a filming tank because no one could be that stupid and inhumane.

greeny_beany

so ya one of u guys is right i am getting a kick out of angering u guys. so id like to inform all of you my scooter blenny is at my teachers aqua culture class because he needed sw animals and i got tiered of buying it live shrimp. and yes my twenty g is getting set up with 130w lights i just bought. the an is getting moved in there because my 3g is just way to packed. im going to use it was a small tank to have corals till there big enough to move. so calm ur asses down everyone before they get to flared on talken s*** on a thread to an 18 yr old because you have nothing better to do. to me its funny.

glennr1978
so ya one of u guys is right i am getting a kick out of angering u guys. so id like to inform all of you my scooter blenny is at my teachers aqua culture class because he needed sw animals and i got tiered of buying it live shrimp. and yes my twenty g is getting set up with 130w lights i just bought. the an is getting moved in there because my 3g is just way to packed. im going to use it was a small tank to have corals till there big enough to move. so calm ur asses down everyone before they get to flared on talken s*** on a thread to an 18 yr old because you have nothing better to do. to me its funny.

To me it's pathetic. You really should consider another hobby.

Sexy Shrimp

Can someone translate?

MichiganReefer

Sure here goes.....

so ya one o' u pimpz iz right ah be getting uh smoke out o' angering u pimpz. so id like ta inform all o' ya muh ma f*ckin scooter blenny iz at muh ma f*ckin teachers aqua culture class cuz he needed sw animals an' ah got tiered o' buying it live shrimp. an' yeea muh ma f*ckin tweny g iz getting set up wiff 130w lights ah just ganked. da an iz getting moved in dere cuz muh ma f*ckin 3g iz just way ta packed. im going ta use it wuz uh small tank ta gots corals till dere big enough ta move. so calm ur asses down brothas 'bfoe dey git ta flared on talken shiz on uh thread ta an 18 yr old cuz ya gots nuttin' bettah ta do. ta me its funny. Don't make me come ovah there #####...

*translation*

IndicaCorialis

If you look closely you can see greeny naked in the reflection of pic#3! Now that's HOT!

glennr1978
Sure here goes.....

so ya one o' u pimpz iz right ah be getting uh smoke out o' angering u pimpz. so id like ta inform all o' ya muh ma f*ckin scooter blenny iz at muh ma f*ckin teachers aqua culture class cuz he needed sw animals an' ah got tiered o' buying it live shrimp. an' yeea muh ma f*ckin tweny g iz getting set up wiff 130w lights ah just ganked. da an iz getting moved in dere cuz muh ma f*ckin 3g iz just way ta packed. im going ta use it wuz uh small tank ta gots corals till dere big enough ta move. so calm ur asses down brothas 'bfoe dey git ta flared on talken shiz on uh thread ta an 18 yr old cuz ya gots nuttin' bettah ta do. ta me its funny. Don't make me come ovah there #####...

*translation*

awesome.

orchidsnfish
so id like ta inform all o' ya muh ma f*ckin scooter blenny iz at muh ma f*ckin teachers aqua culture class

That line made me crack up! Nice job on the translation. :D

Angela

• 2 months later...

Archived